CM4Sci

Minecraft 2017

6 hours ago, SweetiePie88 said:

ARGH! I wish they'd cut the teasing and cough up the set image.

I don't mind this kind of teasing, in fact I welcome it and wish they did this with all of the D2c sets :sweet: It's far more exciting than waiting for leaked pictures that usually look like they were taken by the same cameras they use to capture Bigfoot :tongue: 

BTW, has anyone noticed the trans-red light brick? Maybe we're getting a beacon after all, I don't know what else it could be used for in this context :wink:

Well that new angle shows that 'head' is actually a nougat coloured brick. So we can rule out the bald head idea from the first photo. Thought it wad a bit to easy.... The third minifig is still a mystery....

Of course we've all primarily been looking for parts suggesting new mobs or accessories, but I wonder what can be inferred from the teaser in terms of the actual build. I spot a curved tile and a spider web piece, suggesting the presence of a mineshaft. The sand green plates are also noteworthy, maybe to represent some type of grass? Plus there seem to be quite a few technic pieces, hinting at some mechanisms (probably of an explosive nature, given the TNT and the charged Creeper) :thumbup:

Edited by Lego-Freak

I am thinking open on all sides maybe like Death Star 10188 playset. Different areas on 2 or more levels that you can move through with a lot of play features. One of the best ways of combining play, height of set, accessability and weight reduction. It would have to be the flagship of Minecraft sets.

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Of course we've all primarily been looking for parts suggesting new mobs or accessories, but I wonder what can be inferred from the teaser in terms of the actual build. I spot a curved tile and a spider web piece, suggesting the presence of a mineshaft. The sand green plates are also noteworthy, maybe to represent some type of grass? Plus there seem to be quite a few technic pieces, hinting at some mechanisms (probably of an explosive nature, given the TNT and the charged Creeper) :thumbup:

Good point. I guess a lava pool and small waterfall are included, a lot of rock work, mine shaft is indeed likely. The sand green plates lead me to believe the Overworld in this set will be Tundra biome. The pole is still a mystery to me. I could see it being a vine, but that doesn't make sense in a Tundra biome, does it?

Btw, @DungeonsAndFlagons, that is a sweet profile picture you've got there! :wink:

Edited by Exetrius

A press release should be soon but rumour has it that the VIP early access is mid June. We may have to wait till at most the end of the month

Groan. I don't want them to make us wait that long for info. The lego market is nearly dry as a bone for me and i'm already bored out of my mind

Another tease and official look at the bat: 

I tried to piece the two pics together in photoshop but they don't line up. 

Seeing that it is a Cave Spider might make me get this set because I didn't bother picking up the End Portal set. 

Edited by Ashnflash

ekbWSUl.png

Here you go, they don't line up exactly as their is a gap left out of the image, but both are probably taken from the same picture (probably the front box art).

Sections of box art piece by piece. This is getting wierd.

Ooh I missed the bat. Now all is good. Love the bat.

Edited by DungeonsAndFlagons

I'm impressed that the bat uses only an exclusive print, the rest are common pieces, I expected a new mould for the wings.

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

I'm impressed that the bat uses only an exclusive print, the rest are common pieces, I expected a new mould for the wings.

New mould for the wings would have added a fair bit to the bat. The brown mixed with the black is a little odd but I think they needed to do it to make sure the bats eyes stood out. I think all black on a small build would make details hard to make out. The eyes are a very nice piece.

11 hours ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

Sections of box art piece by piece. This is getting wierd.

Ooh I missed the bat. Now all is good. Love the bat.

How is it weird? Seems like a pretty standard practice for teasers.

3 hours ago, Chewk said:

This is really getting to be Cruel though. First was the shadow image,, then the pile image, and now we are only getting a couple teeny images. I wish they'd show us what in the world is going on. :(

5 hours ago, Chewk said:

Yeah it is teasers but I think enough is enough. I want to see it. Weird was maybe not the exact word I was looking for. It just seems a little over the top. I am not one for patience. ;)

xpWH5vc.png

Here's the new image with the other two, just another piece of the puzzle. For a D2C this doesn't look like it will be too visually pleasing. The Village is a very nice looking set and it's very clean, but this seems to follow sets like The Cave and the Mine which are kind of a mess.

Edited by Goonmo