#21130: The Nether Railway - $ ?.??

21130-1.jpg?201612311249

#21131: The Ice Spikes - $ ?.??

21131-1.jpg?201612311251

#21132: Jungle Temple - $ ?.??

21132-1.jpg?201612311251

#21133: Witch House - $ ?.??

21133-1.jpg?201612311252

#21134: Secret Waterfall Escape - $ ?.??

21134-1.jpg?201612311253

#21135: Minecraft 2017 Set - $ ?.??

#21136: Minecraft 2017 Set - $ ?.??

These sound awesome! I'm glad to hear we're getting more! The train is.... interesting... I hope the Witch House comes with a Slime in the Swamp biome and Secret Waterfall Escape sounds super intriguing

All these except for the Mushroom island sound interesting. I thought this was going to be Minecraft's last year, but there's still more set they can do. Maybe Minecraft will go into 2018.

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to the pictures! :classic:

- Ocean Monument Raid: large structure with lots of sand green/sand blue elements, two Guardians and Steve in diamond armour. €99,99

- Wizard Tower Attack: dark brown and dark ora (?) tower, pointy dark red roof. Includes Alex, a Spider Jockey, enchanting table, potions, and decorated banners. €69,99

- The Swamp Hut: resembles the structure found in the game, includes Witch, Slime, Chicken and Steve with leather helmet. €34,99

- Mushroom Island: giant mushroom, some mycelium terrain, includes Mooshroom cow and Steve with map and compass. €19,99

Looks like I did pretty well on my predictions (back in April this year)! :grin:

My kids going to have a mental breakdown with the train - his two favorite things in the world combined :wub: . He spends hours building Minecraft trains in the game, and MOC'ing LEGO trains IRL.

They all sound great , but how and when are they going to make the other 2 temples? Underwater monument or desert, the boffins at Lego should surely be able to come up with some sort of token gesture towards each of these items? The other item that would make a great playset is the village church tower. It is missing from the village set - maybe for a reason? ( I have attached one of my LDD versions of this set in my own interpretation)

The witch hut will be interesting, And I wonder if the Nether Train will embrace the design of track gauge (4 studs) the same as that friends roller coaster set? The boys in the Trains forums will be happy if they make 4 stud Gauge rails in a normal color (dk Bley) I can already imagine immense Nether underworld rail sets at Brickventions..

Having played this game with my son, allot, I am wondering what is left ?

As for the longevity of the series extending into 2017, I heard it rumored that the Minecraft movie is scheduled for late next year, made by the same people who made the Lego movie... And we already seen the sets that come from that film.

Furthermore there is a Minecraft expanded universe. Yes that's right, there are literally dozens of expanded universe young adult novels, and comic book novels. Having read some of those now, there are other structures that do not exist in the game, but might make great kits - Monestary for example.

village%20church.png

village%20church%20flip.png

Edited by Adamskii

These sound awesome! I'm glad to hear we're getting more! The train is.... interesting... I hope the Witch House comes with a Slime in the Swamp biome and Secret Waterfall Escape sounds super intriguing

I play Minecraft and have never heard of a Nether Train. Do they mean track laid in Nether and railcarts running along it? (In which case, will there be the Portal on both ends?) I know people do that to get across the world faster. Or is there something else?

Edited by Sarah

Nether Train sounds interesting. Will it use regular or narrow train tracks.

Nether Train is a Story set. Its based off the scene when the 5 minecarts are 1 behind the other on a track through the Nether. Im guessing a ghast will be included as a ghast chases them.

Nether Train is a Story set. Its based off the scene when the 5 minecarts are 1 behind the other on a track through the Nether. Im guessing a ghast will be included as a ghast chases them.

Source please?

I understand the game tactic of a Nether Train. Apparently, according to one my sons Unofficial MInecraft Encyclopedia's, the tactic of using a Nether train is that the Nether (aka Underworld) is a scaled down version of the Overworld. So for every block traveled in the Nether represents something like 8 block in the Overworld. So what that means is in a map where resources are scarce, you can travel across the Overworld quickly by building a portal to the Nether, then a track to the destination, then a new portal to get back out to the Overworld again. You now have the ability to travel 8 times the distance using 1/8th the resources.

So A Nether train set would in my opinion, have some kind of track, minecarts!!, (maybe even the TNT minecart or the Furnace cart), At least one portal, and then some play stuff/obstacles to represent a journey through the Nether - SO Lava plates, Dark red Netherrack obstructions or wall elements, and a few Mobs (Ghast, wither skelly or Pigmen). My Dreamset would be a virtual trainset in the Nether. the price point I suggest will be aligned with the Friends Rollercoaster set. (possible brick count, type of elements, scale etc)

As for a Nether train.. I really hope there is enough track to at least make a loop! whatever the design, That set would be well sought after if it is the Narrow gauge from the friends set in Minecraft colors !

Anyways my 2 cents.

Adam

Edited by Adamskii

I've come to think of another accessory that would be nice to see: a Golden Apple (recoulored existing part). And an Elytra or decorated Cape, I'd like those as well. :wink:

Edited by Exetrius

Ooh Golden aple sounds indeed cool and could later appear in Elves or other fantasy themes! Personaly I would love to see Lilipads (Print on 2x2 trans blue tile) and Watermelon block!

When you say "other 2 skin packs", are you implying that are more than just the two coming out in September?

Yeah they announced 4 in total were coming.

Hmm... I'm surprised no more village expansions, or desert temple over said Nether train. I'm holding hope for leather armor, and characters with just boots, and not leggings, by using dual molded legs. That would be a pretty neat idea.

Edit: Think we will see other characters in sets, instead of Steve and Alex? Also, youtubers in skin packs?

Edited by legobagel