Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

19 minutes ago, BatofGotham said:

So we're only getting 4 sets for Infinity War. Looking foward to getting my first Marvel set

At least four. There could be more

I get the point with the quantity, they better do it with "quality" sets. 

Let's say we only got 4 sets. Pretty sure there will be a small one, so another will be a mid size and maximum of two huge sets. Hopefully they will be able to scatter the balxk order minifgure and Thanos.

And I'm also thinking how come Delta posts IW sets if there's a BP? He posted it organized just like the DC sets ayt? Or am I wrong?

9 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Where is the ATM $50!? I'm gonna stop complaining about Canadian prices if this is true.... 

Haha yeah I'm in New Zealand, the prices of LEGO really suck around here.

Hopefully they're top notch and have a good lineup of figs. I bet there will be a retailer exclusive though. 

I feel like if we are getting confirmation now that means these are January 2018 along with everything else that has been confirmed. So I don't know the possibility of a Black Panther is good. 

36 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Hopefully they're top notch and have a good lineup of figs. I bet there will be a retailer exclusive though. 

Yea probably the 5th set like CW, keeping it secret until the very end.:wink:

24 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I feel like if we are getting confirmation now that means these are January 2018 along with everything else that has been confirmed. So I don't know the possibility of a Black Panther is good. 

This is exactly what I'm saying because Delta already posted what is coming in January 2018 but no BP, I HOPE we're wrong because we are still missing 2 MM's *sigh* :sadnew:

I posted this in the future marvel sets too but I was doing the math for how many known characters there might be

the avengers- probably 14

thanos and his men- 6

guardians of the galaxy- 8

so in total that's 28 possible characters and if they go with only 4 sets then that 7 characters per set which would result in some very expensive sets 

10 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I posted this in the future marvel sets too but I was doing the math for how many known characters there might be

the avengers- probably 14

thanos and his men- 6

guardians of the galaxy- 8

so in total that's 28 possible characters and if they go with only 4 sets then that 7 characters per set which would result in some very expensive sets 

We still don't know a ton about the role characters have in the film, like say if Falcon doesn't really do anything in the movie, he may not necessarily need to be in a set to round off all Avengers, but also theres the set to film accuracy ratio: some people might turn up in a set where they aren't in the film.

Plus we don't know in particular how big a role the Guardians have in Part 1, maybe one or two of them could show up in a set.

And as some people mention, if Black Panther and Ant Man have their own movie sets, they may be omitted from Infinity War sets. 

Also we should take into consideration there could be duplicate characters in sets, or alternate costumes.

The characters that are most definitely a safe bet would be;

• Captain America/Steve Rogers
  • Iron Man
  • Thanos
  • Vision
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Thor
  • Hulk
  • Doctor Strange

There are two movies with the same cast of characters, so I'd assume that maybe they'd split half the heroes in the Infinity War sets and do the other half in the Untitled Avengers sets. 

26 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The characters that are most definitely a safe bet would be;

• Captain America/Steve Rogers
  • Iron Man
  • Thanos
  • Vision
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Thor
  • Hulk
  • Doctor Strange

I personally want to have those characters + the black order members. 

25 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

There are two movies with the same cast of characters, so I'd assume that maybe they'd split half the heroes in the Infinity War sets and do the other half in the Untitled Avengers sets. 

Yea, high possibility that this will happen. it's alright if we don't get GoTG members because we will eventually have GoTG V3 and also we just got them with this years sets. 

42 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I could see that, but not like a direct, heres 12 characters that can only appear in part 1, heres the other 14 that can only be part 2, its telling 2 different stories out so next year we'll definitely have characters that weren't in the Part 1 sets, but also characters that were, be it rehashes or new variants

8 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I could see that, but not like a direct, heres 12 characters that can only appear in part 1, heres the other 14 that can only be part 2, its telling 2 different stories out so next year we'll definitely have characters that weren't in the Part 1 sets, but also characters that were, be it rehashes or new variants

Definitely rehashes too. They won't pass up an opportunity to rerelease figures of characters like Iron Man, Cap, and Spider-Man. 

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I hope they will stick with the mold for Thanos just an intricate printing! 

I kind of hope they do a new mold, just to fix the arm articulation a little... If not, the old mold would work perfectly fine in a redeign, just needs a certain new piece for his left hand

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I kind of hope they do a new mold, just to fix the arm articulation a little... If not, the old mold would work perfectly fine in a redeign, just needs a certain new piece for his left hand

I don't think we need a new piece, just detailed printing of the Gauntlet. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I don't think we need a new piece, just detailed printing of the Gauntlet. 

I kinda prefer a molded piece than printing, how bout you guys?

8 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I kinda prefer a molded piece than printing, how bout you guys?

I REALLY doubt it would be a reality (pun I suppose...?), but if I had a say, I would make it a molded piece with each stone included as studs you could put on the Gauntlet.

I also kind of hope theres a mini figure scale version (with printing or something, unlike the Mighty Micros version)

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

I REALLY doubt it would be a reality (pun I suppose...?), but if I had a say, I would make it a molded piece with each stone included as studs you could put on the Gauntlet.

I also kind of hope theres a mini figure scale version (with printing or something, unlike the Mighty Micros version)

Studs is unlikely because it is too big for 6 of that being mounted on a big fig fist. But I love the idea of being able to put in/out the stones that would be freaking cool. I'm really excited with these sets. imagine we have waited for so long just to have the Thanos (MCU version)

I realize everyone is talking Infinity War right now, but I just want to throw out a quick question regarding the Beware the Vulture set.

Has anyone located a better head for Vulture other than the Adrian Toomes from the previous Vulture figure?  I know some mention just using the plain Bruce Wayne head since it is Michael Keaton, afterall.  I am looking for something with a little bit more detail, though.

1 hour ago, Dr Axels said:

I realize everyone is talking Infinity War right now, but I just want to throw out a quick question regarding the Beware the Vulture set.

How dare you talk about sets that are coming out this year.

We could've gotten this in minifigure form. I still don't get it. Oh well, it is what it is.

Edited by SpiderJazz

58 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

We could've gotten this in minifigure form. I still don't get it. Oh well, it is what it is.

image.jpg

Yeah, this Shocker looks way better than what Lego made! But we still haven't gotten full shot of his costume in the trailer. So let's just see the movie and then discuss Shocker minifigure.

Yeah, this Shocker looks way better than what Lego made! But we still haven't gotten full shot of his costume in the trailer. So let's just see the movie and then discuss Shocker minifigure.

If they included the mask/helmet. I'd be happy.