Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

sRkzTBT.png

Another crappy photoshop from me.

That doesn't look terrible, but the one I meant was this Ronin and his legs. Someone pointed out that he has "talons" already.

591ce32ebb8e4_70592LEGONinjagoSalvageMEC-08-500x500.jpg.37c1b572a5489b8584fe94e0abb3014b.jpg

Also, with all these leaks of the Thor sets and the Thor comic having the Spider-man set comic on the back, could they be releasing along with them in June?

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Thanks for doing that but it looks off* I'm thinking the Monster Fighter guy. The one in the swamp set. Not the monster but the protagonist. Forgot his name tho. 

Frank Rock.

CVwlVsk.png

Just now, doclord said:

That doesn't look terrible, but the one I meant was this Ronin and his legs. Someone pointed out that he has "talons" already.

Here ya go.

4ySze2q.png

That's much better, your thoughts? 

Just look for a piece that will represent his talons. Then boom! Get the arms of Grim Knight CMS.

You may be able to use ice skate pieces or wolverine claws upside down. But I digress, I'd say we should take it to the purist thread but it's sort of hard to do purist talks about figures that aren't even out yet.

26 minutes ago, doclord said:

That doesn't look terrible, but the one I meant

Also, with all these leaks of the Thor sets and the Thor comic having the Spider-man set comic on the back, could they be releasing along with them in June?

I'm also thinking about the release, because August is 3 months, nowhere near. I do understand those who actually got the Spidey sets early but for Ragnarok.

Yeap hopefully, we're going to have a clear answer.

22 minutes ago, doclord said:

You may be able to use ice skate pieces or wolverine claws upside down. But I digress, I'd say we should take it to the purist thread but it's sort of hard to do purist talks about figures that aren't even out yet.

I already created two pairs for my Vulture. actually I did clip pieces and then the Ice skates.

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

clip pieces and then the Ice skates.

Oooh, could you show pictures?

A channel called Brick Ministry just uploaded a speed build of the Arena Clash. They did this two weeks early for the new Milano as well. I think it's safe to say that for some strange reason, the Ragnarok sets will be releasing in June instead of August!

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

A channel called Brick Ministry just uploaded a speed build of the Arena Clash. They did this two weeks early for the new Milano as well. I think it's safe to say that for some strange reason, the Ragnarok sets will be releasing in June instead of August!

I really, really hope this is the case. I'll be in Florida in June, and I will surely be stopping by that fantastic Lego store in Disney Springs. And my fingers are tightly crossed that I'll be able to pick up these two bigger sets of 2017 on my Disney card!

6 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

I really, really hope this is the case. I'll be in Florida in June, and I will surely be stopping by that fantastic Lego store in Disney Springs. And my fingers are tightly crossed that I'll be able to pick up these two bigger sets of 2017 on my Disney card!

I just realized, what if the Ragnarok sets are only a June release everywhere except the USA? That's what happened with the Spider-Man summer wave last year. Although then it would be weird for kids to see the Thor comic with the Spider-Man one. I guess we'll just have to wait and see... 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I just realized, what if the Ragnarok sets are only a June release everywhere except the USA? That's what happened with the Spider-Man summer wave last year. Although then it would be weird for kids to see the Thor comic with the Spider-Man one. I guess we'll just have to wait and see... 

Exactly my thoughts. The comics are in one piece so it would not make a sense if they won't be releasing it together.

Kinda weird because it's really ahead of time. But I guess that's alright. I know have my money for bonus in my work. Now there's something to spend it.

Our local Toyrus (HK) just announce that both Spidey and Thor will be available to order very soon, which means that both sets are going to be released in the same wave. 

I suppose it happens to other countries as well...

Edited by WYC

Just now, WYC said:

Our local Toyrus (HK) just announce that both Spidey and Thor will be available to order very soon, which means that both sets are going to be released in the same wave. 

I suppose it happens to other countries as well...

Awesome, thanks for that information. I think it's getting clearer and clearer.

I also manage to talk a friend (He's from UK btw) he did ask a Lego Store rep and said both of Spiderman and Thor sets will be released in June 1st. 

8 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Frank Rock.

CVwlVsk.png

Here ya go.

4ySze2q.png

It looks perfect! 

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Awesome, thanks for that information. I think it's getting clearer and clearer.

I also manage to talk a friend (He's from UK btw) he did ask a Lego Store rep and said both of Spiderman and Thor sets will be released in June 1st. 

It's great to confirm this news from both sides. It explained why we got those leak photos so early this time. 

11 minutes ago, WYC said:

IIt's great to confirm this news from both sides. It explained why we got those leak photos so early this time. 

Yup, so we won't be waiting for that long! I really wanna get my hands on Hulk Big fig tho, I'm not yet decided which is which.

If you guys are buying just one set in the Thor: Ragnarok wave, what is it and why? I'm thinking the Arena.

25 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

If you guys are buying just one set in the Thor: Ragnarok wave, what is it and why? I'm thinking the Arena.

Ultimate Battle. You get Hela, Thor, Bruce, and Valkyrie, all main characters. Plus better value.

Though the arena is great as well.

6 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I had not thought of this, that's a great point. 

This is all great news, I don't at all mind an early release. I'm already hyped in time for the movie Marvel, just shut up and take my money! 

Also, June 1st is just two weeks away!

While I highly doubt we can be so lucky, I really hope the Thor sets make an appearance in June for the U.S. as well.  I'm honestly more pumped for those than Spider-Man, so waiting those extra 2 months are going to be painful :tongue:

Dark red from the Ronin figure is a little jarring on the Vulture fig. But Frank Rock's legs are amazing, too bad I'm already using them on the Mandarin.

43 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Dark red from the Ronin figure is a little jarring on the Vulture fig. But Frank Rock's legs are amazing, too bad I'm already using them on the Mandarin.

Yeap, even if you remove the hips section it's there on the legs tho the print in the feet would be really perfect!

how about TMNT foot soldiers? Can you try that @VaderFan2187

3 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

:sick: I hate that helmet so much. I still cannot believe that's the design that they chose. Hopefully it looks better in person. 

I really hope that the Ragnarok sets have a worldwide release on June 1st, because I would hate another situation like last summer. 

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

:sick: I hate that helmet so much. I still cannot believe that's the design that they chose. Hopefully it looks better in person. 

I really hope that the Ragnarok sets have a worldwide release on June 1st, because I would hate another situation like last summer. 

Thor: Ragnarok sets have release worldwide for August 1st.

43 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Thor: Ragnarok sets have release worldwide for August 1st.

Is this confirmed? We've been given news from some local stores that they're on the shelves in as early as two weeks time. So maybe not worldwide. We're hopeful for June 1st, but  still unsure.

I'm sure the Doctor Strange set last year had the same issue: it was supposed to be out around Sept / Oct, closer to the movie's release, but shops had the set in stock with the rest of the summer wave around June, but weren't supposed to sell it yet. Some shops didn't know (or care), and sold it early. So I'm guessing the Ragnarok sets were made with the rest of the summer wave, but August is the release date.