Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

The Lego Batman Movie figures really shouldn't be considered DC figures, because it's for a movie that probably won't have sets based on it again. The DC and Marvel Super Heros line will have more sets on it for a lot more years. Yes, this is frustrating that some figures are lacking detail, but we have to deal with it.

6 minutes ago, deskp said:

Non  lego movie   DC sets is what's suffering, not the marvel sets.

Now that I can agree with, considering Steve Trevor is Captain America with no leg printing...

But I digress. I think Star Lords updated helmet, Taserface and Yondu carry this wave.

1 minute ago, doclord said:

Now that I can agree with, considering Steve Trevor is Captain America with no leg printing...

But I digress. I think Star Lords updated helmet, Taserface and Yondu carry this wave.

And Baby Groot too!

13 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

And Baby Groot too!

Yeap, I love the Ravager uniform compare to the other one. 

16 minutes ago, Franklinw1234 said:

The Lego Batman Movie figures really shouldn't be considered DC figures, because it's for a movie that probably won't have sets based on it again. The DC and Marvel Super Heros line will have more sets on it for a lot more years. Yes, this is frustrating that some figures are lacking detail, but we have to deal with it.

Spot on! 

3 hours ago, doclord said:

I think I may know the answer to this one. James Gunn was VERY strict this time around with spoilers and what was and was not allowed to be shown in trailers and merchandise because he wanted most everything after the thirty minute mark to be a complete surprise. This is why we don't have Ego in any of the sets.

Seeing as the Abilisk fight happens very early in I think it was TLGs best chance to make a set they could market with a large number of the Guardians, and Gamora happened to be wearing that gender neutral armour, and TLG didn't want to print hips on there to cut costs. 

I think Ayesha is the exception to the rule as Marvel may have given toy designers her more simple outfit she wears later in the movie as opposed to her "Paragon" outfit in the beginning.

Is this the same James Gunn who spoilt the reveal of...

Star Lords father being Ego the Living Planet

solely for the reason that it would get spoilt anyway?

Also I think the scene, whatever it may be, with the Ravager stolen Tivan Group ship will take place after the first 30 minutes, as Yondu has yet to be betrayed by Taserface and join the Guardians, the set feels kind of final battle based

Edited by Quicksilver838

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Is this the same James Gunn who spoilt the reveal of...

Reveal hidden contents

Star Lords father being Ego the Living Planet

solely for the reason that it would get spoilt anyway?

Also I think the scene, whatever it may be, with the Ravager stolen Tivan Group ship will take place after the first 30 minutes, as Yondu has yet to be betrayed by Taserface and join the Guardians, the set feels kind of final battle based

Reveal hidden contents

So your saying Batman and Robin shouldn't be considered DC? :wink:

Only joking, I get what your saying

He didn't spoil that. He specifically said that it wasn't meant to be a secret and that he wanted it to be known to fans before they saw the movie since it isn't a huge mystery throughout the film. 

19 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

In the early leaks, Hela is not wearing her headdress, with a black "hermoine" hair piece and the she has a face printing with a mask some kinda phatom of the Opera.

There were other leaks? It's times like these that make me really hate the rule about not posting unofficial images :/

18 hours ago, just2good said:

Yeah, it's the Shocker.:shrug_oh_well:

Oh wow, what a- wait, no, actually this was pretty much expected. There goes that pun. Irony is a cruel mistress.

Glad to hear that it is actually Shocker. I don't get how this is a secret though as he is listed on IMDB but anyways! Sad that it isn't Kraven as some suspected :hmpf_bad:

30 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

There were other leaks? It's times like these that make me really hate the rule about not posting unofficial images :/

Oh wow, what a- wait, no, actually this was pretty much expected. There goes that pun. Irony is a cruel mistress.

I don't think that's actually a big news because it was all over the forums. But Lego is taking down those pics in Facebook pages.

Well it shows that the headdress is on a plastic simillar with Ironman helmet. 

As for Shocker, I bet we're going o see him anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Glad to hear that it is actually Shocker. I don't get how this is a secret though as he is listed on IMDB but anyways! Sad that it isn't Kraven as some suspected :hmpf_bad:

Well I will be surprised if the fig in the silhouette is home made suit hahaha!

I don't know guys if you have seen it or knew about it.

But a friend of mine confirms that the headdress is a rubberized material

Edited by SpiderJazz

That headpiece looks fantastic.  The fig looks good too.  Thanks for the info on the rubberized piece.

21 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

Where is that new image from? It looks official!

A fellow member of LUG who manage to buy a fig for an early release. 

36 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

That headpiece looks fantastic.  The fig looks good too.  Thanks for the info on the rubberized piece.

Yeap, as you can see in the picture headdress is bent. Also I'm trying to get a picture of the second face print.

Interesting that the cape is short...in the other picture it was full length

58 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Interesting that the cape is short...in the other picture it was full length

I have to ask him about that, yeap I just noticed it. lol.

He says it's full length just had it flowing for the effect of the shot.

Edited by SpiderJazz

51 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

He says it's full length just had it flowing for the effect of the shot.

Ah, I see. Thanks for asking. The fig is great. Nice to have more female villains. Pretty sure Nebula and Red She Hulk are our only ones.

Just now, Ultron said:

Ah, I see. Thanks for asking. The fig is great. Nice to have more female villains. Pretty sure Nebula and Red She Hulk are our only ones.

No problem! :wink:

I think you can add Ayesha on the roster. 

11 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

No problem! :wink:

I think you can add Ayesha on the roster. 

You're right, thought I was forgetting someone.

I can't wait to finally see Shocker. i hope J2G give us more info. If he has an arm printing something like that. 

He leave us blank. Lol

I totally expected the headpiece to be rubber, not bothered by that at all. Hela looks so amazing with that piece though! I don't care about her lack of leg print, honestly. I cannot wait to pick these sets up!

40 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I totally expected the headpiece to be rubber, not bothered by that at all. Hela looks so amazing with that piece though! I don't care about her lack of leg print, honestly. I cannot wait to pick these sets up!

Yea, it's like Loki's helm it will be easy-to-break if that's a solid plastic. but Tbh, I prefer it being plastic as well as Mantis hair piece. 

18 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yea, it's like Loki's helm it will be easy-to-break if that's a solid plastic. but Tbh, I prefer it being plastic as well as Mantis hair piece. 

I don't own a Loki yet. Is his headpiece rubber?

27 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

I don't own a Loki yet. Is his headpiece rubber?

Yep, but it's not bad. Piece like this couldn't have been made out of normal plastic.