My eyes! Banned images! Save me mods!

I do love these figures, there was a lot of scope for Lego to phone this in (*cough* Mavel sets) but lego didn't. Kudos!

Funny how - again - lego sets are the source of spoilers for these films. 

14 minutes ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Toys are quite often huge spoilers for movies, it's not just a Lego thing. I remember becoming extremely upset when the Independence Day (ID4) toys came out and included major spoilers.

1 hour ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

My eyes! Banned images! Save me mods!

I do love these figures, there was a lot of scope for Lego to phone this in (*cough* Mavel sets) but lego didn't. Kudos!

How did Lego "phone in" the Marvel sets? The DC and Marvel waves are very similar- amazing new figures with lots of detail but paired with crappy builds. And toys are always spoilers for movies. For example, the only looks we have of Ares in Wonder Woman have come from toys. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

While I had a hunch all along that LEGO might not like those catalog images being out in the wild, they've now requested we remove them.

I hope everybody who wanted them had them saved!

Personally I'm not looking forward to the Flying Box or Batman's "Hingemobile with a cool Flash minifig," but the Atlantean set looks neat.

5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

How did Lego "phone in" the Marvel sets? 

Maybe it's me, but when decorating I paint all 4 walls. When a KEYRING has leg printing and arm printing I have to wonder what exactly keeps causing these half finished figures - if it's a desire to avoid 'cluttering' the design then why is the torso so detailed?

My thousands of minifigs on display end up being this bizarre mix of styles - lego isn't even consistent within a single set (compare new Thor to new Loki).

The lego friends sets can feature dual moulding and printing, can't I get atleast as good in sets that cost more? Am I supposed to just be grateful to lego, my money isn't enough?

33 minutes ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Maybe it's me, but when decorating I paint all 4 walls. When a KEYRING has leg printing and arm printing I have to wonder what exactly keeps causing these half finished figures - if it's a desire to avoid 'cluttering' the design then why is the torso so detailed?

My thousands of minifigs on display end up being this bizarre mix of styles - lego isn't even consistent within a single set (compare new Thor to new Loki).

The lego friends sets can feature dual moulding and printing, can't I get atleast as good in sets that cost more? Am I supposed to just be grateful to lego, my money isn't enough?

So by that logic, Lego did phone in the DC sets since none of the league appear to have arm printing, and Wonder Woman with printing everywhere appears in a set with Superman who has no leg or arm printing. 

Some posters here mentioned the similarities between the Knightcrawler and the LBM's Scuttler in light of PL and CM's comments early on about the LBM's references to past and future movies. It's funny, but I wonder if the LBM Batwing's rear cargo hull and mini Robin gokart are a comical take on the JL Flying Fox. I had never knew of the Knightcrawler until these leaks had surfaced, but I immediately thought of the Scuttler and the above mentioned comments afterwards.

8 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Some posters here mentioned the similarities between the Knightcrawler and the LBM's Scuttler in light of PL and CM's comments early on about the LBM's references to past and future movies. It's funny, but I wonder if the LBM Batwing's rear cargo hull and mini Robin gokart are a comical take on the JL Flying Fox. I had never knew of the Knightcrawler until these leaks had surfaced, but I immediately thought of the Scuttler and the above mentioned comments afterwards.

Hmm? Maybe!

7 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Hmm? Maybe!

Now I couldn't find the article, but in a press visit to the Justice League set earlier last year , the author described the commissioner rooftop meet at the end of the JL trailer being filmed. Gordon (JK Simmons) asks Batman what are the parademons being spoken of by Wonder Woman, to which Batman replies "flying monkeys". Another LBM reference to Justice League, the inclusion of the Wizard of Oz's flying monkeys, perhaps?

4 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Now I couldn't find the article, but in a press visit to the Justice League set earlier last year , the author described the commissioner rooftop meet at the end of the JL trailer being filmed. Gordon (JK Simmons) asks Batman what are the parademons being spoken of by Wonder Woman, to which Batman replies "flying monkeys". Another LBM reference to Justice League, the inclusion of the Wizard of Oz's flying monkeys, perhaps?

Probably. Heh, DC is sure taking after Marvel with the joke's.

50 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

No! Just a quip

On 5/1/2017 at 0:07 AM, BatofGotham said:

Superman doesn't need a redesign cause he's wearing the same suit and the suit looks good as it is. The only complaint I have in the lego minifig is the smiling face

I meant in the movie, not the figure. The figure just kinda confirms that he won't be getting an improved costume upon his return to the land of the living. Not to get to into film discussion, but he could really use an actual belt and some more red in that area, and more vivid color all around. Something like the New 52 suit or Tyler Hoechlin's costume on Supergirl. I don't mind the smile, because it's a bit more rare of a head and is closer to what the DCEU Superman...oughta be. We've so many scowling Superman figures that it's nice to be able to swap them out for more in-character head prints, especially when the classic head print is far more accurate to the movie Superman. Win-win!

25 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I meant in the movie, not the figure. The figure just kinda confirms that he won't be getting an improved costume upon his return to the land of the living. Not to get to into film discussion, but he could really use an actual belt and some more red in that area, and more vivid color all around. Something like the New 52 suit or Tyler Hoechlin's costume on Supergirl. I don't mind the smile, because it's a bit more rare of a head and is closer to what the DCEU Superman...oughta be. We've so many scowling Superman figures that it's nice to be able to swap them out for more in-character head prints, especially when the classic head print is far more accurate to the movie Superman. Win-win!

Well the suit he has right now is perfectly fine for me and a lot of people. It really nails the Kryptonian essence but still captures the iconic look. And it's really a nice modern take on Superman. The color of that suit is actually brighter in real life the Zack Snyder filter just makes it look like dark. Well he does have a belt...kinda. As for the lego head I prefer a smirk just like in that SDCC Justice League group shot.

about arm printing,.,..... in the new ucs snowspeeder a designer says that arm printing is reserved for the more exclusive sets.....

so in sets under a 100 bucks i am not expecting it,... but thats just my opinion,...   (now the question will be what is a exclsuive set,......   :sceptic:,,  this will never end guys give it up ;)  ((also just my opinion)) )

Jangbricks uploaded his review on that lego post-convergence wonder woman redesign figure. The figure looks kinda nice but there aren't side prints for the shoulder pads and that sideblade thingy

4 minutes ago, bobasdad said:

Well, I finally found out how to get my hands on that new Green Lantern minifig:

Hide contents

ISBN1465460896-1.jpg

Hmm? You know you could almost by the whole book instead of just bricklinking the minifig. Looks like a cool little build actually, and you might get some decent parts as well.

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

22 minutes ago, BatofGotham said:

That looks really cool. Are the builds we see on the book have the parts for it? 

On the cover? Yes.

ISBN1465460896-1.jpg

Its not a bad build actually. Some nice SNOT techniques for the cockpit compared to this one.

LEGO-2015-Green-Lantern-vs.-Sinestro-76025-Set.jpg

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

It is logical to put John in there after all he's an Architect LOL:tongue:

42 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

On the cover? Yes.

ISBN1465460896-1.jpg

Its not a bad build actually. Some nice SNOT techniques for the cockpit compared to this one.

LEGO-2015-Green-Lantern-vs.-Sinestro-76025-Set.jpg

Guess I cant build those cool things in the book cause I only buy DC sets

Just now, BatofGotham said:

Guess I cant build those cool things in the book cause I only buy DC sets

I don't see why.

Does it bother anyone else that the windscreen piece that comes with the book isn't transparent green?