Sign in to follow this  
nana

U.S. Representative left me negative feedback on Bricklink unreasonabl

My bricklink store's name is "Alice Brickland". Recently, a buyer left me negative feedback unreasonably.

On June 11, he bought a small set from my store. I sent him invoice immediately mentioning I would ship through USPS first class. He paid on June 12. I shipped on June 14. The package was delivered on June 17. The tracking number can be found in paypal transaction history. However, on June 16, he left me a negative feedback saying " It took SO SO long to receive the set!" without any communication with me. I tried to contact him, but no response.

Surprisingly, the buyer is U.S. Representative for Illinois's 14th congressional district. This is my first negative feedback received all in my life. I don't care much its negative impact to my BL account since I don't buy and sell on BL a lot recently. I have only been living in US for 6 years. I just feel hard to believe a person like this could represent U.S.

Here is his wiki page:

REMOVED

Let me know if I should delete this link if it is against policy to post personal information. I think it should be alright for this case since he is a public person, like we can read and post Donald Trump's page freely.

Edited by nana

Yes, in America, Regular people can also be politicians.

Was he buying Lego from you in his role as a politician, or as a father/Lego enthusiast? If the latter, I think it is wrong to post his personal information here just as it would be for any other Lego enthusiast.

Your buyer sounds like someone not accustomed to Bricklink. I think you should email your buyer and try to peacefully try to resolve the issue. I believe your buyer may feel that all online presences should be able to operate at the speed of Amazon. The reality is that not many online businesses can operate at that speed. Bricklink particularly since the buyer must first wait for an invoice so that shipping is included in the cost. Like many Bricklink users, I realize that shipping can be expensive and slow, but if the buyer is in a rush they can pay for an expensive overnight shipping.

I also feel that removing the personal link could help resolve this peacefully.

Good luck!

Andy D

Yes, in America, Regular people can also be politicians.

Was he buying Lego from you in his role as a politician, or as a father/Lego enthusiast? If the latter, I think it is wrong to post his personal information here just as it would be for any other Lego enthusiast.

I will remove his wiki page then. Anyway, you can easily find his page by google his bricklink username and "U.S. Representative for Illinois". Public person should beware of his behavior.

Edited by nana

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience selling on Bricklink, but this is definitely a matter that you should try to resolve through Bricklink channels and not here on EB. :classic:

My bricklink store's name is "Alice Brickland". Recently, a buyer left me negative feedback unreasonably.

On June 11, he bought a small set from my store. I sent him invoice immediately mentioning I would ship through USPS first class. He paid on June 12. I shipped on June 14. The package was delivered on June 17. The tracking number can be found in paypal transaction history. However, on June 16, he left me a negative feedback saying " It took SO SO long to receive the set!" without any communication with me. I tried to contact him, but no response.

Surprisingly, the buyer is U.S. Representative for Illinois's 14th congressional district. This is my first negative feedback received all in my life. I don't care much its negative impact to my BL account since I don't buy and sell on BL a lot recently. I have only been living in US for 6 years. I just feel hard to believe a person like this could represent U.S.

Here is his wiki page:

REMOVED

Let me know if I should delete this link if it is against policy to post personal information. I think it should be alright for this case since he is a public person, like we can read and post Donald Trump's page freely.

5 days?! That's quick. I'm not sure why he'd be upset by that. Perhaps he just used to Amazon's 2 day shipping for Prime and doesn't understand Bricklink. But yea, send the BL staff a message and they can probably have that removed from your account if you can provide proof to them. Honestly, don't let it get you down. You were bound to come across this and it's possible it can be fixed. Just be civil and patient.