Sounds cool, might try it later. will se if I can manage to fix a front axle with diff. :sweet:

feel free to post :laugh:

Idea for cab and front axle. Remember that u4023 and u5023 have different axle like 8110 set, and u216-u530 have like this one. My chassis is partly finished so I can take picture of it and post in this topic...

enyoj

Idea for cab and front axle. Remember that u4023 and u5023 have different axle like 8110 set, and u216-u530 have like this one. My chassis is partly finished so I can take picture of it and post in this topic...

enyoj

...but for some reason my android smartphone?! ignores image..hm?!!!???

Sounds cool, might try it later. will se if I can manage to fix a front axle with diff. :sweet:

feel free to post :laugh:

HI,

first of all I apologize to all who were waiting for my images, but arrival of 68.8 wheels took 3 weeks and the I realize hat front axle needed to be redesign because when I put planned weight on those chassis, soft tires had contact with portal axle hub and behave like brakes... :sadnew:

so here are preliminary images (when folder will be public), but when model will be finished I'll post on this Brickshelf folder complete model and update description. you'll be able to see portal axes and chassis that has some similarities with 8110 set, but is smaller and under planned weight steering works good...general planned functions would be both pto working and pneumatic compressor pump with 4 valves for attachments (one at the front, one at the rear and 2 in the middle)

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=566106

thanks again for permission to post :thumbup:

I've been away a bit too, because of my school has started again..... updates on the U4000 Unimog will not be posted for a while......

but it is still [WIP] status..... and will be done during this yeah.... hopefully....

HI,

first of all I apologize to all who were waiting for my images, but arrival of 68.8 wheels took 3 weeks and the I realize hat front axle needed to be redesign because when I put planned weight on those chassis, soft tires had contact with portal axle hub and behave like brakes... :sadnew:

so here are preliminary images (when folder will be public), but when model will be finished I'll post on this Brickshelf folder complete model and update description. you'll be able to see portal axes and chassis that has some similarities with 8110 set, but is smaller and under planned weight steering works good...general planned functions would be both pto working and pneumatic compressor pump with 4 valves for attachments (one at the front, one at the rear and 2 in the middle)

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=566106

thanks again for permission to post :thumbup:

sounds good :laugh:

On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 6:23 PM, madsen1997 said:

Isounds good :laugh:

...it seems like Brickshelf Administrators are currently on some tropical Island since we are waiting for 3 days and folder is not public yet...:angry:

On ‎12‎.‎6‎.‎2016‎. at 2:47 PM, madsen1997 said:

so I just rebuilded the drivetrian.. and it fits much better now ...

13406757_1803325403233956_48302677640430

13418949_1803325423233954_93044830812293

so now for the rear axle.... with or without dual wheels... -i know the real one has single mounted rearwheels...

I beleive we are in better situation with this

http://bricksafe.com/pages/igor.ipsa/unimog-u423

:wink:

HI! .

I'm sorry, but haven't got the time for it. have got a lot of schoolwork the past months. *huh*

as soon as I get some time of, I will continue the build :look:

3 hours ago, madsen1997 said:

HI! .

I'm sorry, but haven't got the time for it. have got a lot of schoolwork the past months. *huh*

as soon as I get some time of, I will continue the build :look:

You've inspired me (+ my fail at making a pickup truck :tongue:)

To try to make a Unimog U400/U4000

Well..... been long since last post ...... but by now I'm at my final stages at school.....so this month I found the 42043-Unimog again.... got a lot of dust since last time .. haha .... 

I kinda rebuild the whole chassis, to make the 4x4 work proper, stronger and with front diff. but that meant less room for other functions .......

18222135_1996459923920502_28925537928798

Well, the cab, Front and bonnet is the same, as I really liked that part .... :D ... 

18198493_1997114257188402_68593077773922

18268118_1997114223855072_86202535860571

Only 1 note for the 4x4 build...... I wasn't easy to build the 4x4 with that few U/CV joints in the 42043 set..... so for connecting the FWD, I simply had to add a CV/joint extra to the set ..... 

18 minutes ago, madsen1997 said:

Well..... been long since last post ...... but by now I'm at my final stages at school.....so this month I found the 42043-Unimog again.... got a lot of dust since last time .. haha .... 

I kinda rebuild the whole chassis, to make the 4x4 work proper, stronger and with front diff. but that meant less room for other functions .......

Well, the cab, Front and bonnet is the same, as I really liked that part .... :D ... 

Only 1 note for the 4x4 build...... I wasn't easy to build the 4x4 with that few U/CV joints in the 42043 set..... so for connecting the FWD, I simply had to add a CV/joint extra to the set ..... 

Welcome back :classic:. Sadly there is not enough room to implement portal axle hubs something like this inside this wheel. Very nice development :thumbup: