mediumsnowman

[MOC] Display Stand for 75149 Resistance X-Wing Fighter

I acquired 75149 on the release date at my local LEGO store and finally got around to building it. I love this set, especially after removing the stud/spring shooters and fixing the wings as shown here. I actually prefer this one to Poe's X-Wing. :wub:

27385495782_c5b5f78ff4_c.jpg

The stand is adjustable to change the angle of inclination, if you wish.

If there's enough interest I can take a few more photos and perhaps whip up a parts list. The stand also works for 75102 (of course) and any other ships (Star Wars or not) of a similar size. The stand is very sturdy and looks great on my desk. :wub:

Good job. I like how the stand is simple and doesn't distract from the ship. I would also consider building it if you posted instructions.

Looks great and I would definitely build it if you posted instructions.

Looks pretty good, but why does everyone prefer this version than 75102? (Just ask curiously)

I think people prefer the more muted color scheme, and this one includes arguably better minifigures.

Anyways, here's the LDD file.

75149 Stand.lxf

Have fun building, and if you post it somewhere maybe shoot some credit my way. :blush: Thanks!

Looks pretty good, but why does everyone prefer this version than 75102? (Just ask curiously)

Just be like me and get both. Can't have too many x wings :)

Thanks for sharing the build file! Going to try and build one for my X-Wing :classic:

Thanks for the responses! I didn't think my stand would be this popular. If you build it, feel free to go ahead to go and share some pictures here. :sweet:

Wondering why everyone ask for instructions. This one can be build from the picture easily..

Nice stand nevertheless, well done!

Hi mediumsnowman, great stand, I bought all the bits from Lego to duplicate this.. having built it Im not sure Ive done it right as it sways side to side under the weight of the X-wing pivoting on the 2780 connector peg w. friction? Can you help please? Im wondering if Ive missed something? Ive double checked and still cant see what.

Thanks

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 2:30 AM, Whitwambam said:

Hi mediumsnowman, great stand, I bought all the bits from Lego to duplicate this.. having built it Im not sure Ive done it right as it sways side to side under the weight of the X-wing pivoting on the 2780 connector peg w. friction? Can you help please? Im wondering if Ive missed something? Ive double checked and still cant see what.

Thanks

Hmm... I haven't had that problem at all with mine, it only tilts if the X-Wing is leaned very far forward or backward. Perhaps you could post some pictures of what you mean? You could also do what I did and brace the stand in one position with one of these: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=41239#T=S&O

Brace