Hi, I am working on a new project which is a tracked vehicle, I have started on it and remodeled it 3 times already. I am new to tracked suspension and wanted to incorporate hard shocks. The motor I will be using is the Lego XL motor.

can you post pictures from youre failed trys? maybe there are only small changes necessary.

can you post pictures from youre failed trys? maybe there are only small changes necessary.

Yeah, I am kind of new to custom tehnic builds.

Question: How do you post pictures

Here are the pics

20160530_085552.jpg

20160530_101329.jpg

I have 2 shocks and 2 more that I will have next week

I also need some tips for suspension.

You can also find some tutorials here.

Nice Smart Semi

What would help is a shot from the side, so we can see what is supporting your track. :)

Edit: Effe that were just seconds!

Edited by AkiyamaWataru

The shockabsorber is mounted at two fixed points?

The standard battery box is 4x7x11

It can, when I originally put it there I had second thoughts about it. Which shock absorbers are the best for rc technic?

Anyone have experience working with building rc cars/trucks?

This shockabsorber is useless. What is your goal with this chassis?

Honesty, I don't know, I'm sorry.

This shockabsorber is useless. What is your goal with this chassis?

Could you help me with it?

A shock absorber doesnt work without a flexible suspension. You must allow the the wheel move up and down. The shock absorber holds the load. The type of absorber depends on the size of your vehicle. So yours would work.

It depends on type of tracked vehicle. Construction machines have a solid one without shock absorbers. Faster vehicles has a swingarm suspension like a simple liftarm which is mounted lengthwise. For this you need a shock absorber.

It depends on type of tracked vehicle. Construction machines have a solid one without shock absorbers. Faster vehicles has a swingarm suspension like a simple liftarm which is mounted lengthwise. For this you need a shock absorber.

Thanks!

I'll try it without shock absorbers.

I posted over in your other topic. By the way guys, is there any way to decrease picture size on an iPad so I can upload pictures? It would have helped my post to be able to do so. The uploader says all my files are to big, but I have no option to decrease file size.

Not nessacarily. You can use elastic bands, which take up less space and can sometimes be more effective.

I posted over in your other topic. By the way guys, is there any way to decrease picture size on an iPad so I can upload pictures? It would have helped my post to be able to do so. The uploader says all my files are to big, but I have no option to decrease file size.

Not nessacarily. You can use elastic bands, which take up less space and can sometimes be more effective.

Thanks, I don't know about the ipad I'm a Samsung guy.

I know what I am going to do with the shock absorbers now , I found a pair of technic skis.

I'd like to thank everyone for their help.

Is the lego LED lights really as bright as lego describes them to be?

I'll keep you guys updated on the build to the finish.

Here is the skis

1280x960.jpg

I am almost done, just need the motor and battery box to arrive in the mail! Any suggestions on what to add on it?

Thanks for all of you guys help. It also needs a name! Any suggestions?

1464637953391-1216794249.jpg