Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#148: Once Upon a Time in Goetia

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg
"If that's all, I pray that my Goddess and all the others are by your side on your quest. I cannot see how it will go, but I do not need visions to know it won't be easy."

The party of six then left the Hall and made the short way to the harbor, where they sought out The Sealion, a large, bulky and gaudily painted trading vessel.

heroicaquest148-sealion.jpg

They were greeted by the captain, a straightspoken but easy-going werelion who introduced himself as Mumbasa.

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg
"Welcome on board the finest ship that has ever sailed the Crystalline Sea - and don't let those bolsterous Bonapartes tell you otherwise! The Mistarian Trading Company might not be as rich as your Hinckwells and Shadeauxes, but we bow to no king or lord. We're an independent company stationed in the Three Freewomen - that's the beautiful cities of Miranda, Elia and Valeria, if you didn't know. Harrumpf, but I see that I'm now boring you with minute trivia. As honorary passengers, you get to drink and eat as much as you wish. And I wouldn't mind playing a round or few of Decamon, if you're interested. I've been gathering some rare and valuable cards ever since my bitter loss at the Decamon Tournament, so I won't be as easily defeated this time!"

The werelion captain pulled out a deck of cards and flashed them at the party.

heroicaquest148-sealion2.jpg

Was anyone interested in challenging the captain?

"Unfortunately, I have no Decamon cards with me, Captain. I would like to know more about this ship though. How old is it?

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg

"Welcome on board the finest ship that has ever sailed the Crystalline Sea - and don't let those bolsterous Bonapartes tell you otherwise! The Mistarian Trading Company might not be as rich as your Hinckwells and Shadeauxes, but we bow to no king or lord. We're an independent company stationed in the Three Freewomen - that's the beautiful cities of Miranda, Elia and Valeria, if you didn't know. Harrumpf, but I see that I'm now boring you with minute trivia. As honorary passengers, you get to drink and eat as much as you wish. And I wouldn't mind playing a round or few of Decamon, if you're interested. I've been gathering some rare and valuable cards ever since my bitter loss at the Decamon Tournament, so I won't be as easily defeated this time!"

The werelion captain pulled out a deck of cards and flashed them at the party.

"Good to meet ya', mate. Haven't played in a few months as far as I know I'm still a Decamon champion. Always got more than a few cards handy, I'm up for a game."

Hybros pats himself as if to search for cards, but of course, he has none. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Captain Mumbasa. I will let Atramor do the card playing, but I was wondering - perhaps you could tell me a bit more about Heartland? I have never been there. I noticed an Elven Preserve on the map, what does that mean? Perhaps I could direct these questions to some of your crew while you concentrate on your game, heheh... And I will gladly take you up on your offer for food and drink. What do you have?"

Althior chuckles. "No, I've had quite enough of Babeleth and all of it's fine exports lately. Food and Drink, however, sounds wonderful,"

"Some food sounds good, and master Gibbin, don't go too hard on the guy, wouldn't want him to throw you overboard. :wink:"

Althior shrugs. "Wouldn't be the worst thing...." he smirks.

"Unfortunately, I have no Decamon cards with me, Captain. I would like to know more about this ship though. How old is it?

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg
"Ah, this ship has been the pride of the Trading Company for over a decade now, and I'm the second captain to commandeer it. Before my time, it was known as The Star of Miranda, but after the previous captain got killed in that whole debacle with the Darkstar and the enormous sea serpent attacking Miranda, I was given the post. I didn't want anyone affiliating my ship with General Haroka's tyranny, so I changed the name to better suit myself."

"Good to meet ya', mate. Haven't played in a few months as far as I know I'm still a Decamon champion. Always got more than a few cards handy, I'm up for a game."

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg
"Ah yes, I remember seeing you do well at the Decamon Tournament! I must confess that since then I have earned the title of the Aquatic Champion of Decamon. Thus, if you defeat me, you will have the rare honor of becoming a twofold champion. But we'll have to see about that... I have chosen my hand, so please do the same. I'll flip a coin to see which one of us starts. Heads or tails?"

decamonrules.jpg

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Captain Mumbasa. I will let Atramor do the card playing, but I was wondering - perhaps you could tell me a bit more about Heartland? I have never been there. I noticed an Elven Preserve on the map, what does that mean? Perhaps I could direct these questions to some of your crew while you concentrate on your game, heheh... And I will gladly take you up on your offer for food and drink. What do you have?"

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg
"Well, where should I start? It's hot down in the south, but the land's fertile and green. The kingdom has had a relatively peaceful history to my knowledge, but about fifty years ago, there was an elven uprising as the Wood Elves of Salonia got into a war with the human rulers. If I recall correctly, they wanted independence or equal rights or some other crap that the humans weren't ready to give them. Anyway, things got ugly and bloody, but after decades of warfare, humans finally agreed to declare the forests around Salonia "elven preserve", meaning that it is forbidden for other races to enter unless invited. Now things are pretty stable down there, the current king Jovis is a good-hearted ruler, if a bit wimpy." Mumbasa started to chuckle. "Rumors say he had such a dominating and aggressive mother he eventually sent her away to become a mercenary. Can you imagine?!"

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg
"Ah, this ship has been the pride of the Trading Company for over a decade now, and I'm the second captain to commandeer it. Before my time, it was known as The Star of Miranda, but after the previous captain got killed in that whole debacle with the Darkstar and the enormous sea serpent attacking Miranda, I was given the post. I didn't want anyone affiliating my ship with General Haroka's tyranny, so I changed the name to better suit myself."

"She's a fine ship. Little bright for my tastes. How do ya' keep pirates off ya'? This is just the kind of vessel they're liable to target, and the Crystalline Sea ain't the safest waters...outside of Eubric, anyway."

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg
"Ah yes, I remember seeing you do well at the Decamon Tournament! I must confess that since then I have earned the title of the Aquatic Champion of Decamon. Thus, if you defeat me, you will have the rare honor of becoming a twofold champion. But we'll have to see about that... I have chosen my hand, so please do the same. I'll flip a coin to see which one of us starts. Heads or tails?"

Atramor already had his deck out. All the monsters depicted in them seemed a bit less....magical since he'd last looked over them in those dwarven caves. But then, he couldn't exactly summon them into an army anymore. He picked out his cards. "Heads."

Althior shrugs. "Wouldn't be the worst thing...." he smirks.

"There's that snarky, dumbass Althior we all know and love." Atramor chuckeld. "Do us a favor and try and put away mopin', melodramatic Althior, at least 'til we get back to Eubric, aye? Demons feed off that crap, ya' know."

"She's a fine ship. Little bright for my tastes. How do ya' keep pirates off ya'? This is just the kind of vessel they're liable to target, and the Crystalline Sea ain't the safest waters...outside of Eubric, anyway."

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg
"Oh, the Bonapartes have been doing a good job keeping the pirates at bay since the days of Jolly Roger. The route between the Free Islands and Miranda is one of the busiest in the whole Crystalline Sea, so it's also well guarded. Not to say there haven't been attempts to take over my ship, but I keep my crew healthy and fit for those occasions."

Atramor already had his deck out. All the monsters depicted in them seemed a bit less....magical since he'd last looked over them in those dwarven caves. But then, he couldn't exactly summon them into an army anymore. He picked out his cards. "Heads."

Mumbasa tossed the coin high into the air and catches it.

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg
"Tails. I will start, then. Let's see... I'll start with an easy one."

The captain chose a card from his hand: Tygurah (Electric 7).
decamon-electric7.jpg

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg

"Oh, the Bonapartes have been doing a good job keeping the pirates at bay since the days of Jolly Roger. The route between the Free Islands and Miranda is one of the busiest in the whole Crystalline Sea, so it's also well guarded. Not to say there haven't been attempts to take over my ship, but I keep my crew healthy and fit for those occasions."

"Oh." Atramor frowned slightly. Things on the sea had definitely changed in the past decade or two.

The captain chose a card from his hand: Tygurah (Electric 7).

decamon-electric7.jpg

Atramor plays his Stone Golem (Rock 8), defeating Mumbasa's Tygurah.

He then mulled it over a moment, then picked his Aquaphant (Aquatic 6) out of his hand and placed it on the table.

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg

"Well, where should I start? It's hot down in the south, but the land's fertile and green. The kingdom has had a relatively peaceful history to my knowledge, but about fifty years ago, there was an elven uprising as the Wood Elves of Salonia got into a war with the human rulers. If I recall correctly, they wanted independence or equal rights or some other crap that the humans weren't ready to give them. Anyway, things got ugly and bloody, but after decades of warfare, humans finally agreed to declare the forests around Salonia "elven preserve", meaning that it is forbidden for other races to enter unless invited. Now things are pretty stable down there, the current king Jovis is a good-hearted ruler, if a bit wimpy." Mumbasa started to chuckle. "Rumors say he had such a dominating and aggressive mother he eventually sent her away to become a mercenary. Can you imagine?!"

"I see... Such a story is familiar to me, though my people were not as fortunate to have their own land preserve on the surface to themselves. I am glad the resolution was peaceful for the elves. I would very much like to meet them, perhaps our journey will cross paths with them. As for the mother, well, I am sure most of us in Heroica can relate. Some people think we are in it for the glory, but the truth is many of us have nothing better to do, heheh!"

"There's that snarky, dumbass Althior we all know and love." Atramor chuckeld. "Do us a favor and try and put away mopin', melodramatic Althior, at least 'til we get back to Eubric, aye? Demons feed off that crap, ya' know."

Hybros smirked. "I see you two have already met, then."

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg

"Perhaps you would be surprised to learn that it is not Bonapartes who are keeping anything at bay..." the imp frowned. "Ehehm, speaking of your crew, I do not suppose we are the only ones on board? I would be more than a little worried if there was no one at the wheel, heheh..." He looked overboard as his dark, leathery face took on a greenish hue, if that were possible. Travelling by sea would take some getting used to after months of travel by air. At least the sky didn't have choppy waves that constantly rocked the ship.

He then mulled it over a moment, then picked his Aquaphant (Aquatic 6) out of his hand and placed it on the table.

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg
"Grafh! I'll give you that, but I won't give another one." Mumbasa produced Carcinos (Aquatic 8) that won Atramor's card.
decamon-aquatic8.jpg

He then grinned slyly and took out Hydra (Aquatic 9).
decamon-aquatic9.jpg

Mumbasa:
Tygurah (Electric 7)
Carcinos (Aquatic 8)
Hydra (Aquatic 9)

Atramor:
Stone Golem (Rock 8)
Aquaphant (Aquatic 6)

"Perhaps you would be surprised to learn that it is not Bonapartes who are keeping anything at bay..." the imp frowned. "Ehehm, speaking of your crew, I do not suppose we are the only ones on board? I would be more than a little worried if there was no one at the wheel, heheh..." He looked overboard as his dark, leathery face took on a greenish hue, if that were possible. Travelling by sea would take some getting used to after months of travel by air. At least the sky didn't have choppy waves that constantly rocked the ship.

Mumbasa gave Hybros a confused smile.

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg
"Who is sailing all those Bonaparte ships, then? I have no complaints about them, and the Company is wealthy enough to pay the toll fees with no problems. What comes to my crew, they're busy at work. Please don't disturb them - they're so easily distracted."

Hybros watched as dozens of uniformed sailors hustled and bustled around the wide deck.

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg

"Grafh! I'll give you that, but I won't give another one." Mumbasa produced Carcinos (Aquatic 8) that won Atramor's card.

decamon-aquatic8.jpg

He then grinned slyly and took out Hydra (Aquatic 9).

decamon-aquatic9.jpg

Atramor shrugged his shoulders as Mumbasa claimed his card, but then he couldn't help but grin as the werelion laid down the Hydra. The rogue put down his Automaton (Electric 5), besting the sea beast.

"That'll be a help if I ever end up a drafter again."

He then scratched his chin and played his Storm Elemental (Electric 8).

"That'll be a help if I ever end up a drafter again."

He then scratched his chin and played his Storm Elemental (Electric 8).

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg
"You became a Decamon Drafter after the Tournament, then? I wondered back then how that all would work, but it sounded too technical for my appetite. I prefer the simple life on the seas. Oh, and let's call that one even." Mumbasa tied the card with Pegasus (Luminous 8).
decamon-luminous8.jpg

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg
"I naturally saved the best for last. Now, this is the prized pearl of my collection, so if you can somehow trump that, I will gladly give you my champion's title."

The captain held out his last card: an incredibly rare Archangel (Luminous 10).
decamon-luminous10.jpg

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg
"Ooh! Were you still a drafter, that one could decimate the demons we're about to face!"

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg
"Well, you could always find an official Decamon Trader and exchange it for one of those acclaimed 'mystery prices' - if you can pry it off my hands, that it."

Mumbasa:
Tygurah (Electric 7)
Carcinos (Aquatic 8)
Hydra (Aquatic 9)
Pegasus (Luminous 8)
Archangel (Luminous 10)

Atramor:
Stone Golem (Rock 8)
Aquaphant (Aquatic 6)
Automaton (Electric 5)
Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

Mumbasa gave Hybros a confused smile.

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg

"Who is sailing all those Bonaparte ships, then? I have no complaints about them, and the Company is wealthy enough to pay the toll fees with no problems. What comes to my crew, they're busy at work. Please don't disturb them - they're so easily distracted."

Hybros watched as dozens of uniformed sailors hustled and bustled around the wide deck.

"Well they certainly did not help in ousting this Jolly Roger you speak of, I can tell you that much." Hybros looked idly as the crew worked tirelessly. "Well then, perhaps you can tell me a bit more about Heartland. The cities you called the Three Freewomen, what are their significance? And the people of Heartland... I assume besides the elves there are mostly humans? Are there any people native to that area, like the Rito are to Dastan?"

Hybros grins as Atramor swipes another card. "Well done, Atramor. That card would have gone for a nice prize in that tournament."

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg

"You became a Decamon Drafter after the Tournament, then? I wondered back then how that all would work, but it sounded too technical for my appetite. I prefer the simple life on the seas. Oh, and let's call that one even."

"Sure is a life I miss sometimes. Everythin' seems a little easier when you've got the ocean under ya'. Or the sky. Gotta say I miss that Destiny's Bounty Legonardo's got floatin' 'round somewhere."

Atramor stares at the archangel briefly, before, with a smirk, he lays down one of his most prized cards as well: the great Treant (Plant 9), who has, very literally, stood at his side in countless battles.

"I think that should do the trick."

I thought for sure I had just blown another chance at a 10 card but I forgot Plant trumps Luminous somehow. :blush: :grin:

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"Ooh! Were you still a drafter, that one could decimate the demons we're about to face!"

"Heh. Maybe I'll get back to it someday, but I'm a card player, not a paladin. "

"Well then, perhaps you can tell me a bit more about Heartland. The cities you called the Three Freewomen, what are their significance? And the people of Heartland... I assume besides the elves there are mostly humans? Are there any people native to that area, like the Rito are to Dastan?"

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg
"The Three Freewomen are independent trading ports that do not actually belong to Heartland. They each have a governor - all of which happen to be leaders of the Mistarian Trading Company, as well. Convenient, wouldn't you say? But the cities depend on Heartland as much as Heartland depends on them, so you could call them close allies. Heartland has been ruled by a human king ever since its foundation, but there are a variety of other races living there, even Metasimians like your friend that have crept out of the Mistland Jungles."

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg
"Excuse me? Crept?!"

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg
"Figure of speach, my friend", Mumbasa laughed. "Another race that has emerged from the jungles are the Proserpines. You can easily recognize them for their willowy bodies, colorfun skins and the tails on their heads."

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg
"Proserpines are ancient enemies of the Metasimians!" Byblos said, frowning. "They mock the name of Orang Pendek, the Dormant Fist, with their paganistic orgies and noisy bacchanals that last for weeks!"

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg
"Ah yes, you are likely to find Proserpines working in a brothel", Mumbasa said and winked. "Some of them are even said to work there for free, just for the fun of it."

Atramor stares at the archangel briefly, before, with a smirk, he lays down one of his most prized cards as well: the great Treant (Plant 9), who has, very literally, stood at his side in countless battles.

"I think that should do the trick."

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg
"What?! How did you know to pick a Plant card? I'd call you a cheat if I didn't know Heroicans were a trustworthy bunch. Once met a wonderful man from your ranks named Boomingham at the Foundation Day Ball in Eubric Theater. You know him? If you do, say hello from me.

Anyway, I admit defeat. I officially name you the Aquatic Champion of Decamon, Atramor Gibbin. Congratulations, and take good care of that archangel card for me!"

Atramor won the match!

Mumbasa:
Tygurah (Electric 7)
Carcinos (Aquatic 8)
Hydra (Aquatic 9)
Pegasus (Luminous 8)
Archangel (Luminous 10)

Atramor:
Stone Golem (Rock 8)
Aquaphant (Aquatic 6)
Automaton (Electric 5)
Storm Elemental (Electric 8)
Treant (Plant 9)

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg
"Now, let's all go to my cabin to have a celebratory feast. Losing makes me thirsty!"

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg

"The Three Freewomen are independent trading ports that do not actually belong to Heartland. They each have a governor - all of which happen to be leaders of the Mistarian Trading Company, as well. Convenient, wouldn't you say? But the cities depend on Heartland as much as Heartland depends on them, so you could call them close allies. Heartland has been ruled by a human king ever since its foundation, but there are a variety of other races living there, even Metasimians like your friend that have crept out of the Mistland Jungles."

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"Excuse me? Crept?!"

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg

"Figure of speach, my friend", Mumbasa laughed. "Another race that has emerged from the jungles are the Proserpines. You can easily recognize them for their willowy bodies, colorfun skins and the tails on their heads."

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"Proserpines are ancient enemies of the Metasimians!" Byblos said, frowning. "They mock the name of Orang Pendek, the Dormant Fist, with their paganistic orgies and noisy bacchanals that last for weeks!"

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg

"Ah yes, you are likely to find Proserpines working in a brothel", Mumbasa said and winked. "Some of them are even said to work there for free, just for the fun of it."

Hybros looked back an forth between the two as they spoke, not knowing what an 'orgy' was. "Erm, I suppose I will have to meet one of these Prosperpines. They seem like... interesting beings."

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg

"What?! How did you know to pick a Plant card? I'd call you a cheat if I didn't know Heroicans were a trustworthy bunch. Once met a wonderful man from your ranks named Boomingham at the Foundation Day Ball in Eubric Theater. You know him? If you do, say hello from me.

Anyway, I admit defeat. I officially name you the Aquatic Champion of Decamon, Atramor Gibbin. Congratulations, and take good care of that archangel card for me!"

Atramor won the match!

He looks on approvingly. "An archangel, hm? I suppose it is the opposite of an archdemon. Too bad it is trapped in that card, for I am certain it would have been a great help to us on this mission."

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg

"Now, let's all go to my cabin to have a celebratory feast. Losing makes me thirsty!"

"Please, lead the way."

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg

Atramor won the match!

"Nearly brought my Phoenix before ya' mentioned bein' the Aquatic Champion," Atramor chuckled. "That was a hell of a game, mate. Been too long since a good round of Decamon. Ya' know Boomin'ham? He's an old friend of mine - both went on our first quest together. I'll tell ya' said so-...hang on, ya' met him at a party?" he shook his head. "Why the hell don't I ever get to go anywhere nice? Only theater I went to was filled with undead rats..."

Atramor shuffled the Hydra, Tygurah, and Archangel into his deck, and followed Hybros and Mumbasa.

Hybros looked back an forth between the two as they spoke, not knowing what an 'orgy' was. "Erm, I suppose I will have to meet one of these Prosperpines. They seem like... interesting beings."

"Aye? Well, I'll buy ya' a night with one, mate." The rogue nodded at the imp. "Can't imagine there are many lady imps where ya' come from."

"Nearly brought my Phoenix before ya' mentioned bein' the Aquatic Champion," Atramor chuckled. "That was a hell of a game, mate. Been too long since a good round of Decamon. Ya' know Boomin'ham? He's an old friend of mine - both went on our first quest together. I'll tell ya' said so-...hang on, ya' met him at a party?" he shook his head. "Why the hell don't I ever get to go anywhere nice? Only theater I went to was filled with undead rats..."

"Ehem, I was on that quest too. Lawrence is a good friend of mine."

"Aye? Well, I'll buy ya' a night with one, mate." The rogue nodded at the imp. "Can't imagine there are many lady imps where ya' come from."

The greenish hue of seasickness quickly turned red from embarrassment. "Erm, that is not what I meant! And I will have you know there are plenty of female imps!"

"That's not who I am anymore," he leans against the rail. "I'm turning over a leaf, as they say. Glad to see you haven't changed a bit,"

Hybros smirked. "I see you two have already met, then."

"Yeah, we've known each other for a while," he smirks.

"Let's not go there, shall we?" he chuckles.

"Well they certainly did not help in ousting this Jolly Roger you speak of, I can tell you that much."

"I suppose, from your tone, that heroes did it, and you no less. That should be a tale worth recounting."

After a few days of feasting, the party saw the coast of Mistaria in front of them. As they approached the port of Miranda, they saw an enormous pile of rubble near the town.

heroicanpc-mumbasa.jpg
"That's all that remains from the tyrant Haroka's tower that he built overnight using the magic of the Darkstar. The sea monster I mentioned the other day completely demolished it. Too bad I wasn't around to see it happen! Anyway, Miranda's recovered well from those times, the business is booming and people are visiting from all over the world. You'll see for yourself when we get there.

Oh, and when you need a trip home, come back to me. I'll be anchored here for a few weeks."

As the heroes disembarked The Sealion, they saw that the captain's words had been true. The port was lively, with plenty of merchants and fishmongers trying to lure in customers.

heroicaquest148-miranda1.jpg

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg
"So, now we have to seek out Sham Poo. I cannot see him anywhere, so maybe we ought to ask around?"

Party:
18679652234_a20d7689fc_t.jpgAlthior Emorith, The Dragonslayer (K-Nut)
36 years old male (undead) human Prophet *PARTY LEADER*
Level 55 2/5 *Clairvoyance* *Glossolalia* *Intimidation* *Permanently Transcended* *Immune to Petrified, Cursed, Bound, and Slowed* *Absorbs Earth* *Immune to Ice and Darkness*
Power: 90 (55+35) (Spellpower: 100 (55+35+10))
Defense: 12 (2+5+5)
Health: 77/77 (5+55+15+1+1)
Ether: 103/103 (5+55+15+10+10+4+2+2)
Gold: 806+812
Equipment: Mythril Scepter of Divine Affinity (WP:35, Has â…™ chance to deal cursed effect on successful spells and â…™ chance to deal blessed effect on successful healing, staff), Magician's Touch (Spellpower +10, Ether +10; handwear), Winged Sandals (protects from bound and slowed effects, footwear), Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Max Ether +4; backwear), Coat Hanger (allows wearing a second bodywear artifact regardless of the amount limit for artifacts; accessory), Robe of the Seneschal (SP:5; wearer absorbs earth, ice, and darkness- elemental damage and is immune to petrified; suitable to clerics, mages, chi monks, necromancers, scholars, and weather mages; bodywear), Robes of Illumination (SP: 5, +10 Max Ether, wearer is permanently transcended, suitable to prophets; bodywear), Black Hat (wearer is immune to cursed, grants Intimidation)
Inventory:
Weapons:
Artifacts: Tin Helmet (immunity to confused and afraid, headwear), Lieutenant's Helm (SP:3, protects from fragile; headwear), Pink Ribbon (Max Ether +3, grants immunity to sealed, afraid, and doomed; accessory), Lens of Speed Reading (allows one scroll to be used per round in addition to a normal action, suitable for classes that have ether; accessory), Medal of Glory (Wearer earns triple experience; accessory), Counterstrike Gloves (if the wearer is damaged by a free hit, they counter with strength equal to their level; handwear), Sterile Gloves (protects from poisoned and bleeding; handwear), Magician's Gloves (+10 spellpower, suitable to mages; handwear)
Spell Items: Ruby (Fire), Aquamarine (Water), Garnet (Earth), Sapphire (Wind), Opal (Ice), Topaz (Lightning), Emerald (Wood), Diamond (Light), Amethyst (Darkness), Scroll of Frailty (Enables casting the fragile-effect to the target, causing it to take double damage for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.), Scroll of Love (Enables casting the enamored-effect to the target, making it unable to damage the caster for three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.), Begone With The Winds (Grants the holder access to the Weather Mage expert job class upon reaching Level 30), Geode
Consumables: 3 Potions, 10 Grand Potions, 6 Tonics, 4 Grand Tonics, 3 Ether Cores, 6 Remedies, 2 Elixirs, Phoenix Incense, 11 Meads, 5 Smelling Salts, 5 Nostrums, Smoke Bomb, Venom, Garnet Lamp of Summoning, Skeleton Decoy, Feather of Lithe (Makes the user nimble for three rounds), Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.), 2 Milks (restores 15 health and 15 ether upon consumption)
Tools etc.: Bedroll, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 4 Bones, Deaddy Bear (Causes 45 damage and doomed but has 1/6 chance to break whenever used), Sauce Pan (Tool; Can be used with a Potion, outside of battle, once per quest to restore full HP), Cornucopia (increases the holder's gold by 25% at the end of each quest).
20713006760_921976d201_t.jpgAtramor Gibbin, the Fiery and Aquatic Champion of Decamon and the Serpent Skinner (CallMePie)
33 year old male human Rogue Thief
Level 42 1/5 *Immune to all elements and doomed* *Steal 50% More Gold* *Kingpin: Lucky* *Nimble* (Soul Link: *Reinforced*)
Power: 72 (42 + 30)
Defense: 20 ((4+6)x2)
Health: 80/80 (7+41+20+6+6*)
Gold: 425
Equipment: Living Mythril Claws (WP: 30, double WP against humanoids, double damage against vermin, +1 WP after every successful hit, resets at end of current quest, light elemental, dual strike, daggers), Rat's Hide (SP: 4, backwear, suitable for anyone), Galactic Armor (SP: 6, +6 max health, immune to water, wood, lightning, fire, earth, wind, ice, light, darkness, and doomed, bodywear, suitable for anyone), Order Imperial's Assassin Cowl (Immune to darkness, wearer is nimble, headwear; suitable for assassins, chi monks, infiltrators, rogue thieves, and paragons), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear.), Soul Link Chain (Allows the user to pair up with another party member, each of them gaining all the effects that the other has. The partner has to equip the chain as well (ie. one chain can be shared by two people); Accessory)
Inventory
Weapons: Pheles Kris (WP: 20, wielder has a 1/2 chance to generate an Aura while equipped, doubling the user's maximum health but drawing all attacks to them, lightning, fire, earth, wind, ice, light, darkness elemental dagger), Robust Shield (SP: 12, shield), Spinning Bolas (WP: 5 deals Slowed, but the effect is removed when retrieved; throwing weapon)
Artifacts: Bracers of Insatiable Avarice (Power +2; user gains 25 Gold for every enemy he kills, handwear, suitable for hunters, berserkers, battle mages, beast warriors, dragoons, marauders, regulators, and skirmishers), Twitzle the Canary (Remedies poisoned when used on target, bird familiar), Helmet of Azzurat (SP: 4, immune to poison, headwear, suitable for anyone)
Spell Items: Scroll of Tongues (Grants the user the Glossolalia Job Trait. Each casting lasts for a limited amount of time and costs 10 ether), Topaz, Ruby, Amethyst
Consumables: 6 Bones, Dirt Bomb, 2 Elixirs, 3 Ether Cores, Fenghuang Incense (After being consumed, automatically revives all party members with full health once when knocked out; cannot revive targets that are already knocked out.) Fire Bomb, 1 Grand Potion, 11 Grand Tonics, Health Core, 2 Meads, Nostrum, Phoenix Essence, 3 Phoenix Incenses, Potion, 4 Remedies, Smelling Salts, Smoke Bomb, 4 Venoms, Water Bomb
Tools/Treasure: Decamodifier (Transforms an enemy with a quarter or less health left into a Decamon card when used, if there is a corresponding card. The monster will not drop anything if it is modified. Tool.), Flint and Steel (Handy for starting fires), Pickaxe, Shovel, Rope, Magic Shovel, 2 Mythril Shards
Decamon Deck (36): Volt Ant (Electric 1), Tweetybird (Flying 1), x2 Brains-in-a-Jar (Ethereal 2), x2 Barghest (Electric 2), Vampire Bat (Flying 3), Tangleweed (Plant 3), x2 Dune Ghoul (Rock 3), Simsalamander (Fiery 3), Sylph (Electric 3), Succubus (Fiery 4), x2 Holy Cow (Luminous 4), 2x Thunderbird (Electric 4), x2 Death's Rose (Plant 4) Shedu (Rock 5), Automaton (Electric 5), Night Mare (Dark 5), Mushroomhead (Plant 5), Unicorn (Luminous 5), Electriphant (Electric 6), Cave Troll (Rock 6), Dryad (Plant 6), Sandman (Ethereal 6), Woodwose (Plant 7), Tygurah (Electric 7), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8), Pegasus (Luminous 8), Cloud Gigas (Electric 9), Phoenix (Fiery 9), Treant (Plant 9), Hydra (Aquatic 9), Archangel (Luminous 10)
ava-hybros.jpgHybros (played by JimButcher)
55-year-old male imp Marauder
Level 44 4/5 *Permanently Hastened**Immune to Cursed, Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, Weakened, Enamored, Slowed, Minimized, Poisoned, Bleeding* *Absorbs all elements* *Steal 50% More Gold* *Triple EXP*
Power: 96 & 77 (44+49+3) & (44+30+3)
Defense: 3
Health: 70/70 (7+43+15+5)
Gold: 702
Equipment: Sword of Ancestral Hatred (WP:49, deals Fragile, darkness-, fire-, wind-, and ice-elemental, causes fragile, gains 1/4 WP every kill made with it; longsword), Mythril Zoot's Reaper (WP:30, deals Cursed and Poisoned by 7; longsword, suitable to Hybros), Golden Armor (user is permanently Hastened and Cursed, fire-, water-, earth-, wind-, ice-, lightning-, wood-, darkness-, light-elemental, immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened; bodywear), Sterile Gloves (immune to Poisoned and Bleeding handwear), Crystal Shoes (Immunity becomes Absorption, immune to Enamored, Slowed and Minimized; footwear), Nondescript Cape (SP:3, immune to Cursed; backwear), Medal of Glory (gain triple XP; accessory),
Abilities: First Breath (Hybros may sacrifice a turn of combat to focus and gain +3 power. Power resets at the end of a battle or when the hero is KO'd), Dragon's Heart Flame (Once per quest, Hybros may spend a round reviving a KO'd ally with full health. The ally will also receive the blessed and lucky effects)
Inventory:
Weapons: Iustitia (WP:12, deals Blinded and Sealed; light- and earth-elemental +sealed; dagger), Heavy Flail (WP:5, deals Fragile; mace), Twin Kunai (WP:6, dual strike; darkness-elemental daggers), Hollow Dagger (WP:6, hollow [Nostrum], deals Confused, water-elemental +confused; dagger), Banana Bladerang (WP:9, damage all; throwing weapon), Skirmisher's Shield (SP:10; shield)
Artifacts: Phoenix Emblem (Automatically revives the user with one health if knocked out, once per battle, accessory), Gauntlets of Recklessness (hits become mortal hits, adding lost health to the attack power; suitable to barbarians; handwear), Sticky Gloves (gains 50% more gold, suitable for Rogues, handwear), Baron's Epaulets (Suitable for short heroes, grants Command over short NPCs), Dastan Armor (SP: 3 Bodywear, Immune to Earth and Fire, +2 SP for all other Dastan Equipment, Suitable for Knights, Regulators, Winged Warriors, Dragoons, and Vindicators)
Consumables: 20x Potion, 17x Grand Potion, 7x Health Core, Hyper Arc Tonic, 3x Elixir, 2x Arc Elixir, 9x Remedy, 3x Neutralizer, 2x Purging Water, Tiger Balm, Phoenix Essence, 3x Phoenix Incense, Fenghuang Essence (After being consumed, automatically revives the target with full health once when knocked out; cannot revive targets that are already knocked out), 2x Last Resort, 5x Nostrum, 8x Mead, Soma, 5x Mulled Wine, 2x Cloud of Celerity, 2x Bravado Brew, Smile of the Gods, Earthwyrm Fang (Grants the encouraged-, lucky-, reinforced-, and blinded- effects for the duration of one battle), 2x Minimizing Dust, Bad Breath, 2x Wyvern's Breath, Gold Ring (Worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver), 4 Smoke Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, 2x Fog Bomb, Mystic Bomb, 2x Bone, Skeleton Decoy, 4x Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy)
Others: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Mythril Shard
paladin_pretzel_2.jpgMonk Pretzel and His 99 Pieces, the Super Sleuth (Played by Palathadric)
463-year-old male "hermit" Artisan
Level 35 *Permanently Reinforced* *Negative Effects Last One Round* (Soul Link: *Lucky* *Nimble*)
Power: 47 (35+10+2)
Defense: 72 (6x6x2)
Health: 68/68 (9+15+34+3+2+5)
Gold: 0
Equipment: Dual Staff (WP: 10; Ice, Lightning, Fire, Wind, Light; Deals *Bleeding 3*; Dual Strike; Staff), Cloak of the Grand Vizier (SP:6 multiplied by the number of party members {=36}; backwear), Marauder’s Mantle (Grants permanent reinforced effect; Suitable to Marauders; Backwear), Soul Link Chain (Allows the user to pair up with another party member, each of them gaining all the effects that the other has. The partner has to equip the chain as well (ie. one chain can be shared by two people); Accessory), Amulet of the Court (Negative effects last only one round on the wearer, accessory, suitable for anyone)
Inventory:
Weapons: Flying Cross (WP: 11; Darkness; Broomstick), Splinter Broom (WP: 9; 1/2 chance to deal *Stunned*; defies SP; Broomstick), Whip of Savage Overlords (WP: 9; â…™ chance of inflicting the *Slowed* effect; Whip), Steak (WP: 1, instantly kills vampires on successful hits; suitable for all), Staff of the Necromancer (WP: 12; damages Undead; +1 Level to raised Undead; Staff), Shadeaux Mace (WP: 9; deals *Fragile* effect, Mace)
Artifacts: Strategist's Shako (+5 power while in the front row, +5 SP while in the back; Headwear), Duplovian Helmet (SP:2; Immune to Magic and Healing; Headwear), Burning Knuckle Helmet (SP: 10; Wearer suffers Burning -3 effect; Suitable for Anyone; Headwear), Bumble Fanshirt (SP: 1, Vermin with level less than half of the wearers are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; Bodywear), Order Imperial Prophet's Armor (SP: 8; Grants Command; Suitable for Prophets; Bodywear), Duke's Coat-of-Arms (SP: 5, Protects against *Fragile* and all *Poisons*; Suitable for Knights, Dragoons, Skirmishers and Regulators, Bodywear), Cloak of the Barbaric Runecaster (SP: 3; wearer creates and deploys a Skeleton Decoy at the start of every battle; Suitable for Battle Mages, Necromancers, and Scholars; Backwear), Ethereal Cloak (SP: 2, Max Ether +4; Backwear), Rock Gauntlets (Grants the wearer Iron Fist at no ether cost; Suitable for anyone; Handwear), Counterstrike Gloves (Handwear), Soothing Slippers (Meditation restores 5 ether; Footwear), Shackles of War (Accessory), The Good Book (Grants the Convert job trait - the user can turn any allied or neutral NPC to their faith, gaining their respect- ; user gains 10 gold from each conversion; suitable to Monk Pretzel only; accessory), Darksteel Armour (SP: 6; Max. Health +3; Bodywear), Armour of Dark Arts (SP: 10; Takes up: Bodywear, Handwear, Footwear slots; counts as one artifact; Suitable to Knights, Dragoons, and Skirmishers)
Spell Items: 2 Amethysts, 2 Emeralds, Garnet, 2 Aquamarines, Diamond, Ruby, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness x 2, Scroll of Confusion x 2, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening
Consumables: 8 Potions, 16 Grand Potions, Cherry (Restores 1 ether), 2 Tonics, Ether Core, 10 Remedies, 3 Neutralizers, Grand Elixir (Restores full health and ether to target and remedies all negative effects), 2 Phoenix Incenses, 5 Phoenix Essences, 4 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, Soma, Mulled Wine, Dragon Scale (lucky & blessed), Titan Heart (encouraged & inspired), Tiger Balm, 5 Venoms, 5 Deadly Venoms, 2 Paralyzing Venoms, 3 Jinxy Juices, 5 Smoke Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, Holy Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb, 2 Blind Bombs, 2 Seal Bombs, 2 Sleep Bombs, 6 Bones, Crimson Haze (Causes a weapon to deal the Poisoned by 7 and Cursed effects permanently), Strong Wasabi (-2 Poisoned permanently), Grating Stone
Tools: Bedroll, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Shovel, Magic Compass, Magic Shovel (will always find something when used, limited to three uses per quest)
namyrra_training_hall_avatar.jpgNamyrra Uq (Quarryman)
1337 years old female Fenarian Necromancer
Level 51 1/5 *Immune to Sealed, Slowed, Bound, Confused, Fire, Wind, Water, Lightning and Earth* *Ether Defense* *Overkill*
Power: 96 (51+45)
Defense: 10
Health: 65/65 (5+50+5+5)
Ether: 80/80 (5+50+1+5+4+5+10)
Gold: 478
Equipment: Crystal Mace (WP: 45 (5*gems imbued); Fire-, Ice-, Wind-, Water-, Lightning-, Earth-, Wood-, Light-, and Darkness-elemental; Mace), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Ether:5. immune to Sealing, Fire, Wind, Water, Lightning and Earth, bodywear), Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Max. Ether +4, backwear), Fanged Helm (SP:5, headwear), Winged Sandals (Immune to bound and slowed, footwear), Overkill gloves (+1 gold for every point of damage done extra when defeating an enemy, handwear), Coat Hanger (Allows for a second body wear; accessory), Lichen Armor (The wearer’s ether is counted as additional health if health is depleted; suitable to classes with ether; bodywear)
Inventory:
Weapons: Staff of the Supreme Necromancer (WP:25; damages undead; +5 level to raised undead; suitable to necromancers; staff), Mythril Empyreal Staff (WP:28), Nocturne Flute (WP: 6; inflicts the Asleep effect; Instrument), Pongcanis Shield (SP: 7; Shield)
Artifacts: Gold Dragon Crown (max Ether +6; immune to Stunned; suitable for anyone; Headwear), Desert Cloak (immune to Fire; suitable for anyone; Backwear), Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; Accessory), Cobweb Cowl (immune to Sudden Death; suitable for anyone; Backwear), Winged Sandals (immune to Bound and Slowed; suitable for anyone; Footwear), Paper Doll (immune against Hexed, Accessory)
Spell Items: Amethyst, Emerald, Topaz, Garnet, Diamond, Sapphire, Ruby, Aquamarine, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Naamah's Hourglass (Randomly causes either Hastened or Slowed to the target at the cost of 3 Ether), Jade Lamp of Summoning (summons Mediq, restoring health equal to the level of the summoner at the cost of 5 Ether)
Consumables: Potions (10), Grand Potions (4), Health Core, Tonics (9), Grand Tonics (4), Ether Cores (3), Remedies (12), Phoenix Essences (5), Phoenix Incenses (2), Mead (13), Smelling Salts (8), Nostrum (5), Ambrosia, Dragon Scale (lucky & blessed), Titan Heart (encouraged & inspired) (2), Deadly Venom (3), Smoke Bombs (2), Holy Bomb, Water Bomb (14), Lightning Bomb (14), Dirt Bomb (3), Aeolus Bomb, Rudra Bomb, Flash Bomb, Demon Repellant (Makes the user impervious to direct attacks from demons for one battle, unless the user is the last one standing), Soul Cage (Doomed-effect to all combatants), Skeleton Decoys (2), Bones (17)
Tools etc.: Pickaxe, Bedroll
heroicanpc-byblos.jpgByblos (NPC, controlled by K-Nut)
30 years old male Metasimian Scholar
Level 32 *Arcane Wisdom* *Well-read* *Multilingual* *Speed Reading*
Power: 64 (32+32)
Health: 47/47 (6+31+10)
Ether: 50/50 (9+31+10)
Gold: 250
Equipment: Pandemonicon (WP:32 {equal to user's level}, inflicts hexed on demons and doomed on humanoids; throwing weapon; suitable to Byblos only), Wizened Robe (Max. Health +10, Max. Ether +10; bodywear), Lens of Speed Reading (Allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action; accessory, suitable for scroll users)
Inventory:
Weapons: Clock Cog (WP:14; throwing weapon)
Scrolls: Scroll of Arc Blindness, Scroll of Arc Frailty, Scroll of Arc Sleep, Scroll of Armor Sundering, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Disenchantment, Scroll of Elemental Aura, Scroll of Fire Armor, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Ice Armor, Scroll of Luck, Scroll of Minimizing, Scroll of Poisoning, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of the Chasm, Scroll of Weakening