EpsilonEta

[K-A08] Status update

Tags: Spaceship

The Kawashita fleet was attacked by an unknown alien force.

26352760295_5ee2f5f530_c.jpg

It turned into an intense battle and Raven had to order a retreat. A few ships stayed to cover the damaged ones as they made their way to A08.

Ravens ship, the Resolution, stayed the longest until it too jumped for A08 to rejoin the others. It had sustained massive damage and headed for the main orbital docking station for repair.

25750009603_14d32cfa02_c.jpg

25747904724_e5b52a11d5_c.jpg

19060228549_24f799372b_o.jpg I need a status update. How many ships made it thru, damage reports and losses.

22878759315_ac7dedbe56_o.jpg 27 ships returned. 10 of them have significant damage. 5 ships still not back. We had a distress call from col. Bric's ship but could not determine what happened to him.

19060228549_24f799372b_o.jpg I witnessed two ships destroyed. I stayed as long as I could but two more ships where still out there when I left. Too damaged to do much. Assumed lost. What about the attacking fleet?

22878759315_ac7dedbe56_o.jpg They did not pursue. Instead they went to Lesser Direstan. Maybe they thought we would go there.

19060228549_24f799372b_o.jpg Do we know any more about them?

22878759315_ac7dedbe56_o.jpg We have asked ALIEN if they can identify the ships.

19060228549_24f799372b_o.jpg Good. I'm going to make use of this short break they gave us.

Raven make a call to Major Kartofski on Sorn

19060228549_24f799372b_o.jpg How soon can we refit large ships with the new reactors?

26326856936_4bbdb05170_o.jpg We are just about ready and can do one mayor ship a week.

19060228549_24f799372b_o.jpg I will send 8 ships to Sorn now for repair work. I want them upgraded while they are there.

Michael, send half of our MANTIS boarder watch to protect them as they go and have all of our pirate hunting fleet join us here while we repair.

22878759315_ac7dedbe56_o.jpg Yes, ma'am.

19060228549_24f799372b_o.jpg Major, what is the status on star lord?

26326856936_4bbdb05170_o.jpg The project is going well and the designs for the Kawashita modifications are now finished. Work have started to fitting it to the real thing. Here is a comparison with the phase 6 model:

26079891770_004084a530_c.jpg

As you can see, the hull around the reactor and life support is modified to the same standards as on the Resolution with better crew compartments and higher defense.

The ship have been extended with a fighter bay which also increase docking and cargo capacity.

Finally, the bridge is replaced with a new version of the standard GT-7.

Also, you'll be pleased to know that we solved structural integrity issues with the wing parts. It is now possible to fit even larger engines at the wingtips for better maneuverability and thrust.

Here is a schematic for the wing design:

25748179644_9516d26dbd_c.jpg

It's a completely new design and will withstand high levels of swooshing. Thanks to the stability of the “technic beams” we...

19060228549_24f799372b_o.jpg Ok, I get it. How soon can we be finished?

26326856936_4bbdb05170_o.jpg It's still 4 weeks till completion.

19060228549_24f799372b_o.jpg I know but we have been attacked and could really need a new capital ship. I am prepared to divert resources but need to know how fast it can be ready and how much you would need.

26326856936_4bbdb05170_o.jpg If I could get...

22878759315_ac7dedbe56_o.jpg Raven, we got a reply from ALIEN. They have identified the attacking fleet.

26326809706_fb281b2a7d_c.jpg

Raven read.

“They are called the separatists. They turn up sometimes after dimensional fluctuations. They used to be rare, only appearing in large se(t)ctors but now found in medium ones too.

Little is known of them other then that their goal seems to be to destroy things.”

26326856936_4bbdb05170_o.jpg Raven, are you listening?

19060228549_24f799372b_o.jpg Yes, you can have the extra staff and I send the awesomnium. Michael, contagt ALIEN...

A bit of meta humor in this one :classic:

This week just snowballed. I meant to only do the updated “project star lord”. Then I started playing with brick separators and “suddenly” I had a fleet of alien ships. It worked with last weeks encounter with the alien fleet but now I also “needed” a repair station. I made the docking structure but then I “had to” make a micro space station to show it in context.

(not to mention the photoshoping I did just because the separator force turned out so good)

All pictures are public on flickr and the two of the separatist fleet is a lot larger there.

Some extra pictures without (major) photoshoping

26079891680_de9f9c0b36_c.jpg

26352760675_3033f09f13_c.jpg

The Kawashita and “Spyrius” ships are old (except half the one in the middle but that doesn't really mater)

25747904644_241e1bde95_c.jpg

And the Separator ships together

26260377022_6f6d842ca8_c.jpg

26286530761_c5ff6da5df_c.jpg

Thanks for reading and comments and critesism are welcome (I just never remember to say it)

I join Kawashita to build micro ships, and somebody I'd never heard of before I joined is now throwing down micro ships that put me entirely to shame. Meanwhile, I'm stuck building dioramas ... :tongue:

Seriously, great work. It also looks like you're still finding uses for those flick-fire missiles.

Sounds like one bad week for Agent Raven has been followed by another. She won't like the news her Branch 2 Executive has for her ...

Edited by VK-318

I love the Separatists and their goal to destroy things. :laugh: Great use of the brick breakers, and all the other micro build are great too.

Haha, the separatists are very meta :grin:

That first shot of the whole fleet is something special. But so is the docking station, especially the arms and the dome on top. I really like how you edited the close up shot too :thumbup:

Absolutely awesome build and background story. Glad to see a cameo appearance for my trouble I am in. I'll have plenty of cannon to use now!

Love the separatists joke! I like how you went from microscale with the station and then got a bigger version of the same ship close up. Really a neat idea. And the whole structural integrity schematic was really nicely done also.

Whoa! Crazy good use of the parts separator :thumbup: The Kawashita micros are also excellent, I like the rear fins on the ships :classic:

There is so much awesome in your build this week. They are starting to show up in medium se(t)ctors too! :laugh: I can't wait to see how this storyline progresses

Sorry for the long delay. (Maybe I should stop ask for feedback as it is so much to respond too :laugh: )

I wont thank everyone individually but I appreciate every comment so, Thank you all!

I join Kawashita to build micro ships, and somebody I'd never heard of before I joined is now throwing down micro ships that put me entirely to shame. Meanwhile, I'm stuck building dioramas ... :tongue:

Well I haven't gotten as famous as I taught I'd be :classic:

I have been building for over 10 years but I spent a lot of that time making (or not making) a few transforming mechs. This is a lot faster.

I have made a few dioramas too for this game but recently (wen we got spaceship mastery) I started focusing on microships. They are my attempt to build faster simpler things for AG (still failing as I make more or photoshop a lot instead)

Awesome "Separatist" fleet! What program did you use for the ALIEN info page?

I used photoshop (PS Elements 8)

I made the frame from scratch but there are probably tools in programs such as Power point. I used to use Paint to do fast simple shapes but the version on Win7 is useless. Paint was great until that.

Whoa! Crazy good use of the parts separator :thumbup: The Kawashita micros are also excellent, I like the rear fins on the ships :classic:

So did I :sweet: That's why a stole the design from VK-318's tech build. (many of my ships have been redesigns of others)

Sorry for bumping the topic, just came by to say how much I like the idea of the Separatists. Not only is it NPU, but a PUN as well :thumbup: I learned about them in a different AG topic and for the last half hour was digging into the related lore. I might as well start following AG now :classic:

Wow, my litle experiment with brick separators keep paying of. Thank you!

And you are welcome to join the game any time (as long as you join Kawashita :grin: )