BrickMartin

[MOC/MOD] Joker's Funhouse

Hi all,

when the Joker Land set was announced last year i was hoping for a great accompaniment to the dynamic duo set from 2012. unfortunately i thought some elements were a bit weak and I didn't like that all of the parts/sections were separated.

I decided to take elements and parts from both sets and combine them on one 32x32 base plate, i also wanted to make it look as chaotic as possible and avoid areas looking too neat and tidy... this was also so that it would fit inside my detolf glass display case.

anyway here is the current state of the MOD/MOC, i may make further changes to add more elements but its pretty crammed.

let me know what you think or any changes you would make :)

IMG_6867_zps3jtqmz0c.jpg

IMG_6868_zpslejsbol3.jpg

IMG_6869_zpsr3vpoohq.jpg

IMG_6870_zps2pt3xn8t.jpg

IMG_6871_zpsqtf5agbg.jpgIMG_6872_zpspoazoijh.jpg

IMG_6873_zps2jbdcu7w.jpg

IMG_6874_zpstczbsvpq.jpg

IMG_6875_zpslysb4sqr.jpg

IMG_6876_zps0fqsxs61.jpg

IMG_6877_zps5uepz6dt.jpg

IMG_6878_zpstfsrytok.jpg

IMG_6879_zpsmoqa2b7y.jpg

IMG_6881_zps7w7cgpj2.jpg

IMG_6882_zps1tsjl4nm.jpg

IMG_6883_zpsy3t0qrfo.jpg

IMG_6884_zps6tyyne20.jpg

IMG_6887_zpsdr1wtski.jpg

IMG_6888_zpsufqqegx6.jpg

Edited by BrickMartin

Very crowded (not meant in a negative way) awesomeness! The floor is done great with the 2x2 and 1x1 round tiles and there's so much character action going on. Nice display piece!

Amazing

Thanks

Amazing

Thanks

Very crowded (not meant in a negative way) awesomeness! The floor is done great with the 2x2 and 1x1 round tiles and there's so much character action going on. Nice display piece!

Thanks, yea, difficult to fit everything in. I was determined to keep the rail track

That looks great. Love the Aquaman in Ice.

Yea I love that part too. On the reverse side I made a brick built wall of trains blue 1x2s but didn't get it in the picture well enough

Perfect depiction of what the Joker's Funhouse should be! -Crazy, colourful, and full of chaos. I love the floor, and how well you've integrated all the activities.

Very well done. This does look better than the mish mash of what it was. I didn't buy the set because of perceived value. Although I would like some of the pieces to make my own Funhouse park like this. I may have to borrow a few ideas.

This is me being weird, but my qualm is I would omit Superman/Supergirl/Justice League from mine and only have Batman related heroes, Batgirl, Robin, probably Nightwing or Damian Robin. Some other people to work together. I like keeping the Rogues together with the actual Hero. Also I would use the newer Freeze, but that's just me.

But I like the build overall.

Very well done. This does look better than the mish mash of what it was. I didn't buy the set because of perceived value. Although I would like some of the pieces to make my own Funhouse park like this. I may have to borrow a few ideas.

This is me being weird, but my qualm is I would omit Superman/Supergirl/Justice League from mine and only have Batman related heroes, Batgirl, Robin, probably Nightwing or Damian Robin. Some other people to work together. I like keeping the Rogues together with the actual Hero. Also I would use the newer Freeze, but that's just me.

But I like the build overall.

Thanks, you can probably get a lot of the elements on eBay from sellers who sell the sets without figs.

Yea I do like the idea of just keeping the gigs all batman orientated. I just grabbed what was to hand for he photos. Will switch out a few and add Bane and catwoman in with batgirl too :)

Edited by BrickMartin

I have to admit when I first saw this I didn't like it much. After looking at the pictures a few times it's really growing on me. I would never have thought to combine so many things into that tight of a space. One of the great things about this forum is seeing things like this that inspire others to think outside the box. I doubt I'll make anything too similar to your MOD but you have inspired me to make one of my own. Keep brickin'!

Edited by fordtruckin

I have to admit when I first saw this I didn't like it much. After looking at the pictures a few times it's really growing on me. I would never have thought to combine so many things into that tight of a space. One of the great things about this forum is seeing things like this that inspire others to think outside the box. I doubt I'll make anything too similar to your MOD but you have inspired me to make one of my own. Keep brickin'!

This was my third version. All other attempts were pretty poor because I kept rushing them and tried to fit way too much in. Thanks for the comments everyone