Clonecommando007

Age Seperation: Y or N?

I also bet that Lego would try to implant some sort of "profanity filter;" when you send a message, it is briefly sent through a bot program that is loaded and constantly updated with all offensive terms that are known or created. If the message is deemed to have offensive content, it is not posted.

Well i remember a MMOG where the f-word was filtered but not the version without the k... :sadnew::sceptic: Tut-Tut.

Edited by mediaprobe

11-99 Adult group

Cough*What... if cough,cough* I'm...older? cough,cough*

Yes this is a wonderful idea. The last thing I need is some 5 year old crying to his mommie that a 23 year old guy beat him.

Cough*What... if cough,cough* I'm...older? cough,cough*

Yes this is a wonderful idea. The last thing I need is some 5 year old crying to his mommie that a 23 year old guy beat him.

Tis tis I telling your mommy.That you bet up a 5 year old. :laugh:

I think that the age seperation will not work. I mean, think about every other MMORPG out there to date. Most people do not actually put their real age, they make themselves like born in 1991 just so they can join. So unless there is a way of stopping there would be no point in a seperation.

If under age kids do join but act older and if there grammar good plus if they contribute to the forums then I don’t see why not let them join.

No offense but I lol'd.

No offense but I laughed at your "lol". :thumbup:

No offense but I laughed at your "lol". :thumbup:

Hehe.

But I mean, there were at least 4 grammar and spelling problems in that one sentence.

Let's get back on topic. It wouldn't work. Kids would lie even if they didn't know it was age seperation just in case there could be better options like free chat and stuff.

Ok lets think about how many adults compared to children are going to play this game. Their would have to be age seperation otherwise we would be doomed with little guys. Im not a hater of children of course but come on, we will have like people asking for help every two seconds. Oh and there will always be younger children on adult servers. I have played a lot of mmorpg's and they are all the same problem like this. Lego should almost certainly give free chat but allow spelling mistakes as previously on some other games you had free chat but when trying to talk quickly you make half a dozen spelling mistakes and you can not say the sentance.

Oh and for those like me under 18 simply get a older person to sign up or just write a little lie. But you must be mature and prepared for the consequences. I mean you obviously signed up here and do you regret it every day or do you try to be as mature as possible. Im sure lego are not gonna spend a load of money hiring people to check your age as well as moderators and other people.

I doubt there will be separation. It might be nice though.

There will be parental controls, such as if you are a kid, your parent can set how much you can play. For that you obviously need some way to tell age.

There is one method that would probably work. It would be really annoying though. I think hotmail does something like this.

It asks your age, if you say you are over 18, it asks for your credit card information, not to charge you, but to verify your age. If you say you are under 18, it asks for your parent's e-mail, and it sends an e-mail to your parent and asks if the age they put in is correct and asks for credit card information.

This method would probably work, but it would be annoying and make people suspicious because they are entering credit card information.

You might need credit card information anyway, for monthly payments, but if there is a free trial, or a free area, like I have heard rumors of, then people would get suspicious if signing up for the free part of a paying game and you need a credit card. Or you could not ask for it during the free part, but then if they start paying, you find out they lied and you have to modify their account or something.

I'm not sure if this method will be used.

Read the little bit mentioning parental controls here: http://universe.lego.com/en-us/gameinfo/FA...LEGO%20Universe?

That's a great idea. From what we've seen on the website and the "Brick-Busters" group on Flickr, the Lego universe fans are not the most intelligent. I certainly wouldn't want to share a world with their infantile babble and nonexistent manners and conduct. You could easily get killed by some random violent 8-year-old.

That's a great idea. From what we've seen on the website and the "Brick-Busters" group on Flickr, the Lego universe fans are not the most intelligent. I certainly wouldn't want to share a world with their infantile babble and nonexistent manners and conduct. You could easily get killed by some random violent 8-year-old.

As immature as they may be, it would seem that the Lego company designed this game for children as they are the Lego company's target consumer. That being said, I use to play a Star Wars MMORPG which was rated 'T' and there

was several little kids who would approach you and beg for money and the sort, but it was no big deal because you

could just "block" them and all of their accounts. I think that lego would probably have a similar feature in the

Lego Universe, However that doesn't stop them from taking their characters pants off and running around the city :laugh: !

It asks your age, if you say you are over 18, it asks for your credit card information, not to charge you, but to verify your age. If you say you are under 18, it asks for your parent's e-mail, and it sends an e-mail to your parent and asks if the age they put in is correct and asks for credit card information.

It MIGHT work for those in US, but for me and many others from slovenia it wouldn't. Nor it would for anyone who doesnt have right credit card (Mastercard, Visa, amercan express...; you got the point). If it wont have age separation they could do it with parental control (like, where your kid can go in game, what he can do etc...) Beside that im sure there will be much more AFOL's in game than kids; on longer run for sure.

I'm hoping that there will be a way to "Friend" people you actually know without too much hassle, that way you can more or less avoid immature people. I'm also very glad that they implemented a free build and not just that pre-built junk. Let's hope for some PvP combat system.