23886282783_9576808855.jpg

23884896414_9429b54f91.jpg

24430706121_80a687578e.jpg

Notes on the figure itself: I do not have a ton of Bionicle parts to work with, but I am happy with what I was able to make. :) I tried my best to build her around her character traits. She is suppose to be young and childish. So I made her torso short, gave her smaller feet, narrower shoulders and chose Kopaka's mask because it was the least threatening mask I had in white. She was originally to be white with green highlights, but that just didn't turn out how I wanted. So I went with my second choice, blue. The peg on her back is to hold her sword.

Bio: Toa Makanii was once a mere scholar, learning all she could about the universe, but with the reunification of Spherus Magna and the arrival of new threats, a new breed of Toa had to be created. One that could not only fight, but learn, and adapt. Makanii was chosen not only because of her enthusiasm for learning, but also for her compassion. A necessary tool in showing the Agori that the Matoran peoples have come with only good intentions. But Makanii's outward joy and enthusiasm masks her deep seated fear that she will not be able to live up to both the Legends of old and Mata Nui's expectations.

Weapons: Toa Makanii is armed with a duel-sided sword and a disc launcher.

Mask: Toa Makanii wears a great Mask of Clairvoyance, in the shape of an Akaku, to pay homage to the late Kopaka.

Abilities: Toa Makanii is not very agile or strong, but she possesses great mental powers. She is able to control the minds of weaker-minded beings and is also capable of subtly influencing others by planting thoughts into their heads. However, this is very exhausting on her, and she cannot do this for long.

Dark blue and white is a great color scheme, and it really shines well here.

What I'd recommend for impeovements, the leg proportions are off quite a bit, especially with the legs. I'd recommend using Bricklink to buy some shorter CCBS beams and some small shells for them to make the parts from the ankles to the knees shorter. The good thing about the CCBS parts is that their smooth texture when used sparingly doesn't conflict with the classic G1 textures (at least IMHO).

Seeing simple yet good-looking MOCs like this is something I always love. It reminds me of simpler times, I suppose.

Another solution to the already mentioned proportions issue would be to use CCBS friction extenders.

A simple MOC, but not an awful one. The biggest fault I see right now is that the feet are oddly proportioned, especially for a figure this size. The overall length of the foot might not be so bad if it were all toe length, but as it is her heels are as long as her toes. If you give her some feet with longer toes, like Toa Mata or Toa Metru feet, then she would probably look a lot better.

There are also some other proportional oddities, like the lower legs being much longer than the upper legs, but they're mostly due to the Toa Metru build the model is based on. So, not really bad for what this model sets out to be. It'd be nice if the model did a bit more to stand out, like maybe a custom hilt or handle for the sword, some additional armor or equipment, or maybe some sort of creature companion to go with her. But there's nothing wrong with building Toamods like this every now and then, especially when you're working with limited pieces.

A simple MOC, but not an awful one. The biggest fault I see right now is that the feet are oddly proportioned, especially for a figure this size. The overall length of the foot might not be so bad if it were all toe length, but as it is her heels are as long as her toes. If you give her some feet with longer toes, like Toa Mata or Toa Metru feet, then she would probably look a lot better.

There are also some other proportional oddities, like the lower legs being much longer than the upper legs, but they're mostly due to the Toa Metru build the model is based on. So, not really bad for what this model sets out to be. It'd be nice if the model did a bit more to stand out, like maybe a custom hilt or handle for the sword, some additional armor or equipment, or maybe some sort of creature companion to go with her. But there's nothing wrong with building Toamods like this every now and then, especially when you're working with limited pieces.

Seeing simple yet good-looking MOCs like this is something I always love. It reminds me of simpler times, I suppose.

Another solution to the already mentioned proportions issue would be to use CCBS friction extenders.

Dark blue and white is a great color scheme, and it really shines well here.

What I'd recommend for impeovements, the leg proportions are off quite a bit, especially with the legs. I'd recommend using Bricklink to buy some shorter CCBS beams and some small shells for them to make the parts from the ankles to the knees shorter. The good thing about the CCBS parts is that their smooth texture when used sparingly doesn't conflict with the classic G1 textures (at least IMHO).

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I really appreciate it! :) I know that she is not perfect, but I like her. I will see what I can do about the leg proportions and will do more to make her stand out more. So stay tuned! :)

EDIT: I bulked her up more and gave her new feet, but there is nothing I can do about the leg length if I want to keep her as the smallest team member.

Edited by ToaSalvus(lego)

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I really appreciate it! :) I know that she is not perfect, but I like her. I will see what I can do about the leg proportions and will do more to make her stand out more. So stay tuned! :)

EDIT: I bulked her up more and gave her new feet, but there is nothing I can do about the leg length if I want to keep her as the smallest team member.

Yeah, it's pretty hard to create a short G1 MOC. Maybe you could try a custom shin design?