Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfire

[BH - Rodian] You Can't Run Forever

Rathan Verdamore, half-Duros and goodness knows what else, was a pragmatic sort of fellow, the kind of person who would walk into a bar and deliberately refuse drinks while everyone else around him became too inebriated to stand. He would then either rob them blind or proceed to swindle them out of everything they owned. That was how he operated for several years, a smuggler, thief and general villain lurking in the back streets and alleyways of Coruscant. Until, that is, one of his acquaintances made the mistake of selecting an off-duty minor Imperial officer as their target for robbery - an event which led to the officer's death. Undaunted, Verdamore turned in his erstwhile accomplice to the Imperials for the reward - but he did not expect to be paid by way of employment as a bounty hunter. Promising him substantial pay and issuing him with the newest weapons and technology in addition to a lengthy kill list of targets, they sent him off on his way. Verdamore had escaped death by the skin of his feet. Now a new, exciting but dangerous profession awaited him.

25357051415_4d79a31073_z.jpg

The Rodian smuggler had been running all afternoon. A petty criminal who'd committed the fatal error of first hijacking an Imperial shuttle and then not bothering to cover his tracks, he'd landed on Tatooine and fled into the desert, taking his earnings with him. Of course, he'd been forced to leave such earnings behind hours ago, as soon as he saw the dark, slender shape of Verdamore's modified blaster rifle poking over the horizon. And now there was nowhere left to run. The desert was giving way to the back alleys and slums of an Imperial outpost which had grown into a small city, and the Rodian was out of breath. Exhausted, he'd slumped down behind a piece of broken machinery and waited, hoping that Verdamore would foolishly assume he'd run on, and walk right past his hiding place. The smuggler's finger was on his trigger - he wouldn't be taking any chances....

25263971001_8ae8d73e1d_z.jpg

But now he made his second fatal error in as many days - and the one which would cost him his life. Glancing out, he saw the tall, blue-skinned figure of his pursuer surveying the horizon, squinting somewhere into the dark alleys and completely passing the Rodian's hiding place over. Seeing his opportunity, the smuggler stuck his head out of his refuge and took aim at the approaching bounty hunter...

25357047925_b54b498f47_z.jpg

Of course, this was just what Rathan Verdamore had been waiting for; his earlier behaviour had been a ruse. He sighted, aimed and fired in a matter of seconds.

25061437430_50281a5d41_z.jpg

Seeing his target fall, Verdamore approached cautiously, half expecting the Rodian to make a grab for its blaster. But its eyes were open and glassy, and blood pooled on the ground where it lay. He would be well paid for this... very well paid indeed.

25238779962_7e01c6360c_z.jpg

The scene, sans minifigures.

24989397239_a288c1a2f6_z.jpg

View from above to prove its size (16 x 32 baseplate)

25330850846_13d44aea7a_z.jpg

[ C & C welcome! ]

Edited by Dragonfire

Very nice work :thumbup: I think the story is very good and tense and serves as a good build up to the assassination. I also like the imperial base.

Very nice work :thumbup: I think the story is very good and tense and serves as a good build up to the assassination. I also like the imperial base.

Thanks :classic: It's not really a base, more the back alley/slum of a larger complex. I'm sure I'll make some kind of base at some point though :sweet:

I love how much backstory you put into this! Your photography could use some tweaking, but your build is very nice! The SNOT sand is a great touch, and the figures look great. Keep up the good work!

I love how much backstory you put into this! Your photography could use some tweaking, but your build is very nice! The SNOT sand is a great touch, and the figures look great. Keep up the good work!

Nice build! But why does your Duros have hair? :wacko:

He's only half Duros :wink:

Actually, I'll edit the build description to include that, sorry if it was unclear before.

Edited by Dragonfire

Nice build, I like the sand going over into the Imperial base. Very nicely done and congrats on a mission accomplished. :classic:

Nice build, I like the sand going over into the Imperial base. Very nicely done and congrats on a mission accomplished. :classic:

That poor rodian, oh dear! :laugh: I know it's the only face we have of the Duro but that smile on it's face after taking out the Rodian cracks me up! Nice build! :thumbup:

That poor rodian, oh dear! :laugh: I know it's the only face we have of the Duro but that smile on it's face after taking out the Rodian cracks me up! Nice build! :thumbup:

Thanks :classic: There are actually two other different Duros faces from various versions of the Cad Bane minifigure, but they're not very readily available any more.