Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

17 hours ago, legozebra said:

Yup, Machia literally cannot stand up on a flat surface even without weapons unless you push her arms backwards. 

Stuff like that, and the apparently disappointing main feature is what turns people away from the set. This set is probably the least liked right after Desert Lightning. But the vehicle build does look pretty unique and interesting.

Edited by gamejutzu

Got Vermillion Attack today.  I definitely got my moneys worth, no flaws I can point out in it. The Vermillion armour looks  even better in hand than on the pictures. It bugged me seeing Kai with no armour, though, so I just put shoulder pads on him myself

I'm curious: are any of the new weapons included as spare parts, like the time glaives or the Vermillion swords? 

4 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Stuff like that, and the apparently disappointing main feature is what turns people away from the set. This set is probably the least liked right after Desert Lightning. But the vehicle build does look pretty unique and interesting.

I wouldn't be that hard on it - the car is unbelievably fun to steer around and it's really reminiscent of one of my favorite sets growing up, Spy-Trak, as Aanchir mentioned.

37 minutes ago, legozebra said:

I wouldn't be that hard on it - the car is unbelievably fun to steer around and it's really reminiscent of one of my favorite sets growing up, Spy-Trak, as Aanchir mentioned.

People who prefer the build more than the figures would probably like this set. It seems great for display. And it's also nostalgic seeing an upgraded model of Nya's 2014 vehicle.

Edited by gamejutzu

14 hours ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Nope. I wish. 

Oh :look: that's too bad, as having only glaive feels incomplete to me. It's odd, because they did include an extra Anacondrai sword in ToE sets and the Ghost wave had spare ghostly blades... Guess I'm just spoiled! :grin:

On 1/11/2017 at 11:40 AM, legozebra said:

Yup, Machia literally cannot stand up on a flat surface even without weapons unless you push her arms backwards. 

I think this is just finding fault for the sake of finding fault. Generally the build is good and the minifigures included are good. What I think people should "complain" about is the part counts. It should have been less if there is no mechanism to make the wheels turn therefore it could have been cheaper... However, people are forgetting these meant to be boys toy that is designed to have lots of action features. For sure, the designers can't please everyone. 

Now with General Machia... Just put her legs if she can't stand up with the serpentine build. Problem solved.

Edited by makoy

After building Dawn of Iron Doom set I have to say it's one of the better Ninjago sets in its price range ever! Minifigures are superb especially Time Twins, and side builds like Vermilion swamp hideout are great too . The main mech is very nice and has a good articulation. Overall it's surprisingly better set than last years Misfortune Keep, and minifigures are better as well. Love the concept of Vermilion minifigures and their cool new armor. 

Also I got Vermilion attack set which is really great value with 3 minifigures and small build that can be attached to Vermilion hideout in Iron Doom set.

Edited by benderisgreat

Good for you @benderisgreat. As much as I like to post my review on this set -- it's not yet locally available most likely due to Batman sets taking the shelves space of Ninjago. I'm itching my hands to get those new armours.

Got now the smallest set vermillion attack, for 10€. Kai, although he is nicely printed is a bit disappointing without armor/ mask. The snake guys... Wow. They are by far some of the best minifigures I have seen. So detailed, and I really love the armor, and how nicely that armor closes with the helm. It is a simply amazing set, and armybuilder. That breastplate, and those helmets.

Easily some of the best items I have seen so far. A nice armybuilder. The "shrine" thingy is unspectacular, but I love that stone egg thing and the mechanism. And it is big enough, to fit all 5 snakes into, contained in the set. Simply worth it!

Edited by josykay

I also built the 70621: Vermillion Attack, very satisfied with my purchase. The minifigs look great, although I haven't really found other good combos with the torsos and legs, so far. Really complete, solid piece of scenery with a perfectly working play feature. I still have a very modest collection of parts, so I am pleased with the abundance of useful colours, especially the (Dark) Reddish Brown and Gunmetal Grey. :classic:

My only critique is the lack of a spare Time blade. Not only would I love to get two for looks, but it's a small piece that could easily go missing during play, for example. Btw, for anyone wondering: it is possible to fit the new Vermillion helmet (only the one with translucent snakes) over a beard:

31550702944_c9ddd99485.jpg

Edited by Exetrius

If I'm not mistaken the London Toy Fair starts on the 24th. Do we know if we will get descriptions for the Ninjago Movie sets?

3 hours ago, Rookie875 said:

If I'm not mistaken the London Toy Fair starts on the 24th. Do we know if we will get descriptions for the Ninjago Movie sets?

Depends if they are under protection (in a case that has to be opened for people to see due to confedentiality).

If not then, we'll get info at Nuremburg and then photos when NY comes around.

I just got 70622. I think, the motorcycle is ok. Standard Ninjago stuff. I really like the use of the Djin blades. The Vermillion vehicle is a bit weak. Although it fits very well to their other vehicles. It is just a smaller version of it.

The minifigures are great. Although, again, Jay lacks armor. But unlike Kai in Vermillion Attack, he comes with a mask.  The Vermillons are Commander Blunck, and Tannin, Blunck offers a helmet with orange serpentine ornaments, and an armor found only  on him (He shows up in 70626 as well), and one of the new axe blades with dual molded colors. I really love the design of the axe, although  the two orange commanders should have orange blades. It contains Tannin, an usual foot man of the vermillions, featuring no armor, but the monoclored helmet. Sadly, he is seemingly only supposed to drive his vehicle, since the set doesn't contain a weapon for him. Boooooo! And the vehicle build doesn't contain a weapon to use either.

As with all ninjago sets containing golden katanas it contains an additional golden one, as well as one of the blades of time. But again, an additional of those blades would be nice, since those are easily lost.

Overall it is the standard Ninjago motorcycle set, similar to 70600 for example or some of the smaller Super Hero sets. It has a nice set of minifigures, and really nice, to see one of the officers in that rather small set. Not as sepcatular as Vermillion Attack in value, but still ok.

Edited by josykay

6 hours ago, josykay said:

I just got 70622. I think, the motorcycle is ok. Standard Ninjago stuff. I really like the use of the Djin blades. The Vermillion vehicle is a bit weak. Although it fits very well to their other vehicles. It is just a smaller version of it.

I think the smaller vermillion vehicle is more unique, i'd like to see a bigger version of it. Jay's vehicle is just the Blade Cycle with less blades. But the vermillion one is different.

Also, do you mean the elemental blades? They were introduced way back in 2013... Come to think of it, do those have an official name?

1 hour ago, gamejutzu said:

I think the smaller vermillion vehicle is more unique, i'd like to see a bigger version of it. Jay's vehicle is just the Blade Cycle with less blades. But the vermillion one is different.

Also, do you mean the elemental blades? They were introduced way back in 2013... Come to think of it, do those have an official name?

Ice Sword With Ø3.2 Shaft is there official name!

My Dragon Forge should be in tomorrow and I post my thought then! I know I've said it before, but this is one of my favorite ways! I love the different take in the overused snake villians, but all the new armor and time blades make me very happy and excited for the future of Ninjago! 

6 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Ahhh ok. my bad. Yeah I meant those. I had them in the Ninjago  sets the first time. :)

I am a noob wenn it comes to "official names". I compared the vermillion "bike" to 70624, Vermillion invader, which does have a similar shape especially of the triangular track section and no other wheels, as well, as the blades on the side. Of course there are differences, but the overall shape, especially with the tracks makes them look, like they truely belong together.

Edited by josykay

I built 70625 Samurai VXL today.
 The set is imo a little bit overprized, although the vehicle is rather large. Many parts are for example consumed by the barely noticable 4wheel-steering mechanism, making the vehicle over all rather large and "part consuming". However, I quite like the new blue Samurai X-color sheme. Despite the look of the cockpit, there is no transforming feature, and Samurai isn't capable to see through the capsule. He just sits to deep inside. In addition steering gear or consoles are missing. I love the way, they used throwing stars on the wheels. It could have been a little bit smaller, and narrower imo.

As for the minifigures, it comes with Nya, including armor, and three katanas. I really love her new prints, and the red is rather subtle. As the name would suggest, it contains Samurai X. Who obviously is not Nya anymore. Like the vehicle he is now blue instead of red, and is a great looking minifigure over all. I don't know much about the series, but he looks, especially the face with "eyes" very androidish to me. He comes with two golden katanas, increasing the total number of those swords to eight in that single set. Compare that to 70622, where the vermillion driver is lacking any sort of weapon.

As for Vermillions, it comes with General Machia and Rivett. Rivett is already seen in Vermillion attack, however, this time he uses a dual molded red/ gun metal gray sword, which looks really nice. Machia is the only dark red vermillion, therefore featuring unique prints for all parts, so far only available to her. The red medusa hair looks pretty cool. In addition to her usual  minifgure legs, she comes  with a serpent lower body, which is  built of normal pieces making it appear a little bit to massive in my opinion. But since there are normal legs, just use, which you like more. :P

Finally comes a very unspectacular small stand for one of the time blades. As all scenery it features the same baseplate color.

In conclusion I would say, a little too large, but solid vehicle, with a nice new Samurai X theme, again great minifigures! Especially the new samurai!

PS: Can someone spoiler me, in spoiler tag, a little bit more about the new Samurai X?

Edited by josykay

13 minutes ago, josykay said:

I built 70625 Samurai VXL today.
 The set is imo a little bit overprized, although the vehicle is rather large. Many parts are for example consumed by the barely noticable 4wheel-stering mechanism, making the vehicle over all rather large and "part consuming". However, I quite like the new blue Samurai X-color sheme. Despite the look of the cockpit, there is no transforming feature, and Samurai isn't capable to see through the capsule. He just sits to deep inside. In addition teering gear or consoles are missing. I love the way, they used throwing stars on the wheels. It could have been a little bit smaller, and narrower imo.

As for the minifigures, it comes with Nya, including armor, and three katanas. I really love her new prints, and the red is rather subtle. As the name would suggest, it contains Samurai X. Who obviously is not Nya anymore. Like the vehicle he is now blue instead of red, and is a great looking minifigure over all. I don't know much about the series, but he looks, especially the face with "eyes" very androidish to me. He comes with two golden katanas, increasing the total number of those swords to seven in that single set. Compare that to 70622, where the vermillion is lacking any sort of weapon.

As for Vermillions, it comes with General Machia and Rivett. Rivett is already seen in Vermillion attack, however, this time he uses a dual molded red/ gun metal gray sword, which looks really nice. Machia is the only dark red vermillion, therefore featuring unique prints for all parts, so far only available to her. The red medusa hair looks pretty cool. In addition to her usual  minifgure legs, she comes  with a serpent lower body, which is  built of normal peaces making it appear a little bit to massive in my opinion. But since there are normal legs, just use, which you like more. :P

Finally comes a very unspectacular small stand for one of the time blades. As all scenery it features the same baseplate.

In conclusion I would say, a little large, butsolid vehicle, with a nice new Samurai X theme, again great minifigures! Especially the new samurai!

PS: Can someone spoiler me, in spoiler tag, a little bit more about the new Samurai X?

it isn't confirmed, but it is heavily hinted at to be PIXAL because a.) she disappears really randomly when Zane receives a hard blow to the head in the fifth episode, and b.) Tommy Andreasen has changed his stance on her future (he originally stated that they are ok where she is) to "we will see" regarding her future.

1 hour ago, MasterofElements said:

Just saying as a PSA: the Ninjago Movie prelims are out there, even if they are whited out boxes. The box outlines are done though (minifgure list, top-right box art, logo, etc.)

Since they will be released in June- August the sets themselves will probably be revealed at NYTF.

Btw there's no tv series sets, so it's Ninjago movie only for the rest of this year.

Picked up Dragon's Forge and Destiny's Shadow today along with the Lighthouse Siege and Raid Zeppelin from previous waves. The minifigures of this new wave are really awesome (like most of ninjago minifigures :P), lots of detail and great armour pieces. The sets of this wave are awesome, some are okay, some are mehhh. I really like the dragon forge and shadow's bounty. Might pickup Dawn of Iron Doom for the giant snake mech and awesome minifigures that come with it. Lighthouse siege and Raid zeppelin are great sets too, especially the lighthouse. 

Also cant wait for pictures of the Ninjago movie sets, hope we get some awesome big sets :-D

I normally dont really collect ninjago (I have some of the Rebooted theme wave, including the Battle for Ninjago city which is probably one of my favourite sets I own), I'm more of a star wars guy but Ninjago is definitely my 2nd favourite theme from lego behind star wars but ever since the Possession theme I got more interested in Ninjago again, only got the Master Wu dragon from that wave though. I'm also looking to pick up one of the big sets from previous waves, kinda leaning towards the Samurai X Cave Chaos. Other sets I'm considering are City of Stiix and the Ultra Stealth Raider. Which set would you guys recommened getting?