Sign in to follow this  
LegoEomer

Avon Saga Part 3 - Restoring Order

Though the guild of Avalonia and the County of Avon have been established and order restored to the land, there are still small pockets of thieves hiding in the forests, preying on the few travelers who use the poorly maintained road. However, today Sir Thomas and his men have defeated one of the many groups and driven them away. Now, construction crews can repair the road and travelers can travel down the road safely again.

24883225785_8fb0306d9c.jpgRestoring_Order (1) by lego eomer, on Flickr

24883224355_69b6e5ba96.jpgRestoring_Order (2) by lego eomer, on Flickr

24765332522_5b134710bd.jpgRestoring_Order (3) by lego eomer, on Flickr

24587773560_41c70b3f99.jpgRestoring_Order (4) by lego eomer, on Flickr

As always, thanks for looking and I hope you like it. Comments are always appreciated. Sorry for the lack of elevation. I hope the trees and detail on the road can make up for that.

Edited by LegoEomer

Try adding rock work, and some more plates. That way you can "sink" the road into the landscape. Some more 1x1 round plates would be good for the road. Vegetation (bamboo leaves and grass) would make the forest would be good for the lower canopy and to flesh out the forest. I've noticed your builds are fairly large- try working on smaller ones, focussing on a few or a single technique. A good place to look for techniques is the medieval village building guide- I'm on my phone otherwise I'd link to it, but it's a great resource!

Hope that gives some helpful advice! It's great to see you building with us though!

He, I was going ti give the same tip! Anyway, check out this:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=60907

It's from the laster himself, and is still a great source of information and techniques for me, after half a year constantly reading it!

About the build: the trees are good, (I for one can absolutely not build trees!), but try indeed some rocks and plates on the ground, so you can embed the Road and give the forest some vegetation in the lower layers.

Try adding rock work, and some more plates. That way you can "sink" the road into the landscape. Some more 1x1 round plates would be good for the road. Vegetation (bamboo leaves and grass) would make the forest would be good for the lower canopy and to flesh out the forest. I've noticed your builds are fairly large- try working on smaller ones, focussing on a few or a single technique. A good place to look for techniques is the medieval village building guide- I'm on my phone otherwise I'd link to it, but it's a great resource!

Hope that gives some helpful advice! It's great to see you building with us though!

I agree. Put tan plates down for the road then build up around them. Putting lots of foliage helps too. The trees are great though!

Cool trees and road :thumbup: Another good resource for castle builders, is the "How-To" page on classic-castle: link

They have a section or two on most aspects of Castle MOCing :classic: