Sign in to follow this  
scynox

[MOC] Borderlands Vehicles

@ scynox: I'm not done yet with the LXF files but I can assure you this has been a very fun/rewarding build and I bet it must be in real life as well. The intricate build and the details of the construction are high up there. You must have gone through several iterations to get these vehicles 'right'. I'm rather surprised not many people have come to see this or commented, as these are very unique vehicles, very different from the super-car 'craze'. I must say so far I have not encountered a single illegal connection. I wonder how well this would fare on Lego Ideas. Compliments on two very nice builds.

Edited by DrJB

I like these vehicles, was playing around with post apocalyptic contest idea...

But what I especially would like to point out, the steering of the blue one! Love that, even if it is not the most efficient, but pure engineering, brilliant.

I'm rather surprised not many people have come to see this or commented, as these are very unique vehicles, very different from the super-car 'craze'. I must say so far I have not encountered a single illegal connection. I wonder how well this would fare on Lego Ideas. Compliments on two very nice builds.

I fully second this line of thought.

Edited by Didumos69

...how you attached the seat?

@DrJB: From the video (1:38) I got the impression that the car seats have only been attached along a single rotation line somewhere at the front of the seat. Maybe that helps, if you didn't already notice this yourself.

Thank you for the additional photos, and sorry it's been a bit busy here. The Runner is complete (I think). Somehow I was not able to place 2 cardans and left them in the workspace. Here are 2 screen-shots for such beautiful vehicle.

Borderlands Runner 2 - 13apr2016.lxf

Edited by DrJB

One more (last?) update, for the orange vehicle. Both the LXF file and an LDD screen-shot. Enjoy, and all the credit goes to scynox. PS. Some minor alignments I could not do in LDD. Anyone willing to give it a try?

http://www.brickshel...borderlands.lxf

Edited by DrJB