25 minutes ago, schraubedrin said:

So this isn't normal? :oh:
I have to re-search my 42100 hubs every time i start the app.

No idea at the moment, I have to look into it..

On 6/14/2020 at 7:11 PM, imurvai said:

Hi, yes it's possible. Assign the to motors to the same direction for the Y axis and the opposite direction for the X axis and the app will do the rest like this:

Hi imurvai, let me start by saying that I love your app and really appreciate the work you are investing in it! :)

I am also trying to control a tracked vehicle like this and while it does work in principle, I find it rather hard to maintain precise control over a fast tracked vehicle I am currently building (4 buggy motors, 2 per side).

I have also tried to play with the settings for the x-axis, using exponential or logarithmic scale instead of linear in order to have more control, but so far I am failing! :(

Maybe I am doing something wrong, or my controller is not working correctly?!?

How exactly does the app mix the inputs to the left and right side (track) when you configure it like you describe?

At y=1, x=0, I would expect 100% to both tracks. At y=1, x=0.1, I would expect 100% to the left track and 80% to the right track. And at y=1, x=1, I would expect 100% to the left track and -100% to the right track.

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

8 hours ago, Toshi said:

At y=1, x=0, I would expect 100% to both tracks. At y=1, x=0.1, I would expect 100% to the left track and 80% to the right track. And at y=1, x=1, I would expect 100% to the left track and -100% to the right track.

I do not know how it's calculated in BC2, but if you are using a joystick on the pad x=1 and y=1 (y=1 and x != 0) at the same time should not be possible because the joystick area is a circle.

I guess:

y=0; x=1/-1 is one side -100% and the other 100%

I always assumed that the joystick will somehow „adapt“ to its physical limitation!?

It should be equivalent to a „+“-Controller (no idea what they are called), right?

And „top-right“ would be 100% for both axis on one of those controllers, correct?

After all, you do not want to slow down while steering, right!? ;)

You can confirm this by going to the "Controller" screen in BC2, pushing the stick all the way to a corner and seeing if the values for both X and Y go to +-1.

As for attaining x = 0.1, that's the difference between quality controllers and cheap controllers: with the cheap ones it's very difficult to have consistent values other than zero/full. That's a hardware problem, and the best BC2 can do is what it already does: give a choice between linear, log and exp.

16 minutes ago, Toshi said:

I always assumed that the joystick will somehow „adapt“ to its physical limitation!?

It should be equivalent to a „+“-Controller (no idea what they are called), right?

And „top-right“ would be 100% for both axis on one of those controllers, correct?

After all, you do not want to slow down while steering, right!? ;)

That's usually the problem :D

If you use the y-axis for speed and x-axis for steering you cannot steer with full speed oder drive with full steering...

If you use the angle for steering and radius for speed you cannot steer without driving because you don't have an angle if both axis are 0. That's why controllers for driving use "combined" linear "sliders" which results in a rectangle with independent x/y values and not in a circle.

If go into the controller menu in BC2 you can see the output values from the controller.

Edit: As @AVCampos said... :)

But after all, tracked vehicles at high speed are always somewhat hard to controll :D

Edited by Gimmick

Guess I should have checked the output in the app before posting, I suppose! :)

Can't do it right now, because I do not have the controller with me - will do that next week...

If the joystick really does behave different than I expect and does not return 1/1 in the top-right-corner, will doing the same setup, but assigning x and y to different joysticks also work?

Will the app still mix it right, even if the same motors are assigned twice to different joysticks??

Edited by Toshi

6 hours ago, Newest_Tech320 said:

Lastly does the buwizz camera work with the app?

Hi, no. Camera support is on my TODO list though.

On 8/27/2020 at 2:43 AM, imurvai said:

On 8/27/2020 at 2:43 AM, imurvai said:

Thanks 

Hi, 

I’m having a problem with BrickController and the control+ motors in servo mode. They work fine in normal mode, and stepper mode, but they seem to jam on when used in servo mode, and I have to disconnect the hub from the phone in order to stop the motor from running. Is this a known problem?

2 hours ago, exanders said:

I’m having a problem with BrickController and the control+ motors in servo mode. They work fine in normal mode, and stepper mode, but they seem to jam on when used in servo mode, and I have to disconnect the hub from the phone in order to stop the motor from running. Is this a known problem?

Hi, I've heard about this issue but haven't experienced it myself. So in this sense it's a known problem. Once I can reproduce it I try to fix.

Sorry if this question has all ready been answered but... will this app control a buwizz 2.0 and an original s-brick simultaneously, to run 8 outputs to pf motors?

1 minute ago, CF 28 said:

Sorry if this question has all ready been answered but... will this app control a buwizz 2.0 and an original s-brick simultaneously, to run 8 outputs to pf motors?

Yes. There's a video of this on YouTube.

2 hours ago, CF 28 said:

If you are wanting to power the sbrick from the buwizz to find the sbrick, you need to connect to the buwizz using the buwizz app so that the buwizz is supplying power, then you can switch to the brick controller 2 app and search for the sbrick and buwizz, once found you wount need to use the buwizz app again. You can provide power to the sbrick and still use the same output to drive a motor, so with 4 sbricks and 1 buwizz you could control 20 separate outputs.

1 minute ago, Igor1 said:

image.png.7ee3aefe1042fb4736812c5255923014.png

Wait, what now? 

Cool :)

Edited by amorti

1 hour ago, Igor1 said:

How about supporting this thing?

I'll definitely try to support this controller too.

7 minutes ago, imurvai said:

I'll definitely try to support this controller too.

Cool! Thanks a lot!

Guys, this topic is for the BrickController2 app. 

It's fine to talk about the app and its support of the new 3.0 unit, but please keep the general Buwizz conversation in the Buwizz topic.