SkaForHire

Kings Port Advertiser and Ship List (Vol 1, Issue 1) Feb 616.

But... I already MOCed my leaky ship. Or did my MOC cause my ship to leak? I'm confused. Is it cause or effect? Better than being captured I suppose!

But... I already MOCed my leaky ship. Or did my MOC cause my ship to leak? I'm confused. Is it cause or effect? Better than being captured I suppose!

This is a unique situation. I'm pretty sure the leak as part of the MCRA had nothing to do with the story you presented with your MOC - rather a leaky ship is a possible outcome of the game, in this case a tidy coincidence. I can't answer your question about MOCing the results but it does seem silly to do the exact same thing over.

Bregir, brace yourself for lots of new "friends." Or just be discreet about it and avoid the rush... :grin:

Discreet? Hmm, that might be a good idea.... *pauses for a second, before shaking his head and continuing the champagne shower over the (mainly female) guests at his extravagant celebration party* pirate_laugh2.gif

Bregir my friend!!! Let's have a beer and discuss business! I've got an excellent idea that needs sponsoring! Hehehe!

Friends, friends everywhere! pirate_laugh2.gif

Well, if you do have a good idea, I am always open! pirate_wink.gif

Well, I thought the exact same thing, and for this very particular situation, I would suggest granting you the extra 10 db for moc'ing the outcome already.

Springing a leak is due to game mechanics, not your moc (Unless you have angered the power-that-be(-Ska) pirate_tong.gif )

Another question for us captives, is Mardier going to keep our ships, or will there be ransom offers?

If it was captured by a player, you could probably ransom her, but as for NPC's, I am not too sure how it works.

Discreet? Hmm, that might be a good idea.... *pauses for a second, before shaking his head and continuing the champagne shower over the (mainly female) guests at his extravagant celebration party* pirate_laugh2.gif

Champagne?! Ooooooohh!! Bregir, my man, do you not know that rum is the national drink of Corrington? Do you not know that champagne is associated with the blue-bloods?! If you're going to shower anything, shower rum - and be sure to "make it rain..." :pir-laugh:

You mind if every month I `copy` the newsletter to my blog to telle the story (and perhaps attract more sailors)?

Sure!

Neat-o! That's a tough little turkey, there!

So....for an MCRA MOC....I imagine mine would have to be returning to port or escaping capture? Something to that effect, since I survived?

Kai already covered this, but yes, this would be fine!

A little bird told me that the Sea Rats raiding convoy was actually spotted in zone 1, not zone 3. But perhaps he had been drinking too much sea water.

Nobody said anything about being New Terra's most accurate newspaper.

Another question for us captives, is Mardier going to keep our ships, or will there be ransom offers?

You can direct your NPC inquiries to me. Because these are all free licenses, you have the liberty to MOC it out in a story how you got the ships back, or just license a "sister ship" as Maxim said. If these were paid licenses, then you would have to figure out a way to get them back more officially or pay a new license fee.

So, in that instance the directions are "ship does not make it to the first port, but is not lost." I added the story about the leaky ship because I knew your vessel had already experienced this problem once! All of these stories are a bit customized, as the instructions on the outcome rolls are pretty plain and simple.

For the question about Mardier, they are the original culture of the Peninsula, so they have a little bit of everyone in them, but think of them as close to Eslandolan. Sort of like Portugal is European in culture, but somewhat closer to Spanish in culture than Dutch.

I have a few Mardier solders laying around, I will try to get a shot of them. The colors are Orange, Yellow, White and Black.

Kingd's flag:

23411550209_08021039a0_o.jpgMar by skaforhire, on Flickr

Trade Company Flag:

23779501825_02c52a91c1_o.jpgMadr by skaforhire, on Flickr

According to that seal mardier is Bremen and therefore German and not Portugese, ... gee, this Game is really confusing ...

So, in that instance the directions are "ship does not make it to the first port, but is not lost." I added the story about the leaky ship because I knew your vessel had already experienced this problem once! All of these stories are a bit customized, as the instructions on the outcome rolls are pretty plain and simple.

Sensible in that the Parakeet has been represented as in need of refit. I'll see if I can come up with something different, but related. Thanks!

You can direct your NPC inquiries to me. Because these are all free licenses, you have the liberty to MOC it out in a story how you got the ships back, or just license a "sister ship" as Maxim said. If these were paid licenses, then you would have to figure out a way to get them back more officially or pay a new license fee.

So it would be allowable for me to MOC my crew taking back the ship somehow, since it's a free license? What would happen if it were captured by a faction? Would the only option be to license a new free "sister" ship?

According to that seal mardier is Bremen and therefore German and not Portugese, ... gee, this Game is really confusing ...

LOL... it was an analogy, not the truth!

So it would be allowable for me to MOC my crew taking back the ship somehow, since it's a free license? What would happen if it were captured by a faction? Would the only option be to license a new free "sister" ship?

Yes. For the second question, I think we would find a way where the faction gets paid money and you steal your ship back... but I guess that would have to be worked out with the faction's leaders.

Yes. For the second question, I think we would find a way where the faction gets paid money and you steal your ship back... but I guess that would have to be worked out with the faction's leaders.

I think it's fine if you limit the option to just re-licensing your free ship and letting the faction that captured it get to keep the original. That seems to make the most sense and is the most realistic. But it's up to you! I'm just glad I have the option right now to steal mine back pirate_laugh2.gif