anothergol

[MOC] Another AT-ST version 4.5

Thanks for the advice mc and anothergol. I wish I'd held off on purchasing them! All good suggestions but option 1 is my favourite. As for the round printed tiles, I found some of the SW pattern ones at a 'reasonable' price & I just put aside my grill pattern ones for a Sith Fury-class Inteceptor MOD (inspired by billyamy http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=131700).

Thanks, actually I'm already modifying it again, found a way to make the front plate a bit flatter.

Any update for the files reflecting these latest changes?

No LXF because, as you may have noticed, the plates join naturally better in reality than they do in the LDD. Which didn't matter for the way it was built, but did matter a lot precision-wise the way the new front is built. I had made a version that was fitting very precisely in the LDD, and didn't work in real life, so the final result is adjusted outside the LDD.

Here's how it looks. I'd say it's better on the upper part of the face, a bit worst on the lower part, and the shape is more true to the original.

25_Front.jpg

25_Inside.jpg

I always get a little disappointing whenever they dont show the MOC's cockpit/interior. Anyway, amazing build! one of the best i've seen so far.

Ah! missed the comment right above mine showing the interior! very nice :)

Edited by Green Rey

I have plenty of shots of the interior (of the past versions) in my flickr though:

Those look good! the current printed slope piece for the controls looks good. However, there's this new printed slope that looks much closer to the controls of the in universe AT ST

6152814.jpg

tumblr_mvhzz0GWqD1rtthw6o1_1280.jpg

I'd be eager to switch that out if it was available.

Unfortunately as of yet, Bricklink has no inventory of this specific printed slope piece.

Those look good! the current printed slope piece for the controls looks good. However, there's this new printed slope that looks much closer to the controls of the in universe AT ST

6152814.jpg

I'd be eager to switch that out if it was available.

Unfortunately as of yet, Bricklink has no inventory of this specific printed slope piece.

What is number of this part?

Edited by La Chupacabra

AT-ST looks great and I like there is a lot details. But I really love is how you create footprints on the snow.

Still trying to improve this, I had a design ready for when the new 2x2 wedges would be available in LBG. I was hoping for them to appear in one of the next sets, but sadly it's yet to be seen. And with Lego it could take a year like it could take 10. It's cool that they're available in DBG, though.

I do not know if you have notice this, but if you have seen the leaked image of the Rogue 1 AT-ST set, it appears that as many as eight of 2 x 2 wedges in LBG are being used for the feet (with the respective sides of course).

I do not know if you have notice this, but if you have seen the leaked image of the Rogue 1 AT-ST set, it appears that as many as eight of 2 x 2 wedges in LBG are being used for the feet (with the respective sides of course).

Really? I've only seen a tiny tiny pic of it (& I'm not seeing plates). Has there been more recent pictures?

Talking about that new official AT-ST, the head does look like it is heavily inspired by yours. Still yours doe look worlds better :D

They also will release a new AT-ST Pilot, which is already visible in the TFA video game.

Uses the same print for torso and legs as the officer from the 75134 Battlepack, just with black hands, a new(unable to tell since game faces are animated) head print and a Helmet which has googles printed on it.

They also will release a new AT-ST Pilot, which is already visible in the TFA video game.

Uses the same print for torso and legs as the officer from the 75134 Battlepack, just with black hands, a new(unable to tell since game faces are animated) head print and a Helmet which has googles printed on it.

That is exciting to hear! I was not so fond of the new printing on the torso of the previous minifigure (s401)—looks unsightly with the exaggerated stitching detail…

sw401.png

Not too fond of googles on the helmet, though, as it means that both pilots will have them on the helmet. Works better to have both with different heads, since it needs 2 (but I guess Lego's one will only seat 1 as usual). But I'll probably swap the heads & keep the new bodies.

I hope it will have printed 2x2 round tiles in the back, though.

Edited by anothergol

You could just buy a officer from 75134 and turn him into an AT-ST pilot with the head of the old one and some black hands like so:

Mlrb4tCm.jpg

BTW I bricklinked it and just finished building it! It is amazing(and pretty huge!)!

Large pictures

Z7aWm0Vs.jpgH1LxFUos.jpgvkrmey2s.jpgRLAO32Ws.jpgry8FqPps.jpg2ExHNXls.jpg

ueiYulQl.jpg

Edited by Lucifer

Works better to have both with different heads, since it needs 2 (but I guess Lego's one will only seat 1 as usual).

They might be able to overcome that with the stud jumper technique, or something similar to this…

3769225563_9d9a0a92a7_z.jpg?zz=1AT-ST from 8038 modified into a two-seater by Larry Lars, on Flickr

Especially considering how larger the cabin of the new walker appears, as compared to the previous versions.

I hope it will have printed 2x2 round tiles in the back, though.

Though, would a more accurate representation of detail be to use 15535b01?

15535pb01.png

Considering you can see the pilot sitting behind the left eye in the leaked photo I am pretty sure it will fit 2 pilots, but i guess they will only include one anyway :/

Though, would a more accurate representation of detail be to use 15535b01?

*snip*

Ah, never mind I thought you were using the printed rounded tile like on the LDD file, and I did not know that the one you are actually using (4150px19) has been featured on two of the previous sets.

Considering you can see the pilot sitting behind the left eye in the leaked photo I am pretty sure it will fit 2 pilots, but i guess they will only include one anyway :/

But do we know for how many minifigures this set will have and who will they be?

But do we know for how many minifigures this set will have and who will they be?

No, that is just speculation on my part. Honestly I don't care much as this MOC just looks way better. I might just get a single one of the new pilots and retrofit oneof my curent pilots as I have done in the photo above.

Also here is my solution to make it more stable and easier to pose:

PleHUgUl.jpg

Edited by Lucifer

No, that is just speculation on my part. Honestly I don't care much as this MOC just looks way better. I might just get a single one of the new pilots and retrofit oneof my curent pilots as I have done in the photo above.

Also here is my solution to make more stable and it easier to pose:

The problem has never been the feet, themselves, though. It's the balance on the ankles, so securing the feet wouldn't change anything.

Add a high-friction extender to the ankle joints and it will be very secure (& look worse). But I've had mine for a year and it never moved, except once when one of my cats messed with it.

Considering you can see the pilot sitting behind the left eye in the leaked photo I am pretty sure it will fit 2 pilots

true, I hadn't noticed

You could just buy a officer from 75134 and turn him into an AT-ST pilot with the head of the old one and some black hands like so:

cool idea

Did you already have those 2 LBG curved parts in the back? Funny how there were still dozens on BrickLink for like 20 cents, just a few months ago. But because the last ones were in a store for like 7eur, every new one that pops up costs as much now.

Edited by anothergol