Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfire

[K - F10] Abducted!

Tags: Exploration, Ground Vehicle

Mission Log: Entry 19 ~

Determined to avenge Agent Sharpe, we doubled our speed, using a Deathstriker exo-suit for these purposes. It wasn't long before we came across an abandoned Octan speeder - and its occupants, who were currently in the process of being dragged off, screaming, by three oddly garbed figures....

24644276011_4b9ce18554_z.jpg

24711584436_25bd83b8f4_z.jpg

24109611924_cdd2a20a2c_z.jpg

We jumped into action. Octan may not be our best friends right now, but we couldn't just stand by and do nothing. While Ekira took the flank, I set the Deathstriker's mounted guns and handcannons blazing. The figure at the back toppled over with a cry, but the other two managed to escape with the Octan employees...

24737793205_40bfac711f_z.jpg

24370117249_7bca475ec0_z.jpg

24110928173_8f5a9ab974_z.jpg

Ekira knelt to check the figure's pulse, and found it to be dead, instantly killed by my shot. But when he turned the prone body over, we were horrified. It was physically identical to our missing mutant - but its garb and strange, curved sword showed us clearly that this was not the same creature. Could there be... more of them?

24644263771_6aa66254d1_z.jpg

As we considered the options, we received a transmission from Agent Kytes. He explained that he had managed to gather reinforcements and was on his way when he saw an alien craft leaving Arium Major, headed for one of the nearby planets. We all agreed that this craft likely contained both our mutant and the two unknown figures who had abducted the Octan employees. The hunt was on!

The Deathstriker mech by itself:

24370107299_cc87dba3af_z.jpg

24619968112_3214a1fcc7_z.jpg

Edited by Dragonfire

Great job on the Mech, definitely in my opinion improved in comparison to the last one. I've been thinking and given that you don't have enough parts to make a more detailed landscape, have you considered making more detailed 'tiles/patches' instead of a base, I've only seen this done a few times but some builders instead of making a huge base for their build make smaller 'tiles' or little patches of ground if you will to showcase minifigs and vehicles and even buildings in a similar vain to miniature war games were the miniature is on a small base.

The best example of what I mean is the CHRONO Fantasy Series by The Brick Time Team or something along those lines, if you can find pictures of it they had this huge display in Germany but instead of a massive display base everything was on small patches of land.

Very nice Kawa mech! I really like the four arms! :thumbup:

Great job on the Mech, definitely in my opinion improved in comparison to the last one. I've been thinking and given that you don't have enough parts to make a more detailed landscape, have you considered making more detailed 'tiles/patches' instead of a base, I've only seen this done a few times but some builders instead of making a huge base for their build make smaller 'tiles' or little patches of ground if you will to showcase minifigs and vehicles and even buildings in a similar vain to miniature war games were the miniature is on a small base.

The best example of what I mean is the CHRONO Fantasy Series by The Brick Time Team or something along those lines, if you can find pictures of it they had this huge display in Germany but instead of a massive display base everything was on small patches of land.

Thanks :thumbup: I decided to use a baseplate after I learned that the size of my previous builds was affecting their score. But that's a good idea :classic:

It's a cool mech and the build look better with some open space. I don't know if you did something with the lights or if the larger scene give less shadows but the photos look better then last week.

Very cool. Are the aliens the same ones that are in Epsilon Eta's build?

No, he is hunting an escaped mutant (who seam to be contagious) My aliens are much older. You'll see later this week :wink:

Very cool. Are the aliens the same ones that are in Epsilon Eta's build?

Thanks, and no, they're not.

It's a cool mech and the build look better with some open space. I don't know if you did something with the lights or if the larger scene give less shadows but the photos look better then last week.

Thanks :thumbup: I moved the desk lamp position, seems to have helped...

No, he is hunting an escaped mutant (who seam to be contagious) My aliens are much older. You'll see later this week :wink:

That's right (although it's not the escaped mutant who's contagious :wink: )

That's right (although it's not the escaped mutant who's contagious :wink: )

Aaaa, I thaught we had a zombie mutant apocalypse coming :laugh:

Aaaa, I thaught we had a zombie mutant apocalypse coming :laugh:

Maybe you're not far off there... but it's stranger than you think :tongue:

I like your mech quite a bit! The combination of the arms is probably what does it for me, although I also think you used the color really well. :thumbup:

I like your mech quite a bit! The combination of the arms is probably what does it for me, although I also think you used the color really well. :thumbup:

Thanks :thumbup: I feel that it's probably my best vehicle/suit yet.