Sign in to follow this  
TheLegGodt

PAB on the out?

I just placed an order at S&H for pick-a-brick items. I was surprised how limited the choice was compared to a year ago. In particular the colours were strange: some bricks and plates in azur blue for example were available but no standard green or brown.

A couple of months ago I also wanted to place an order and found the same limited supply. Does anyone know what's up with PAB? Is this usual or is it maybe on the out?

Apologies if already discussed elsewhere...

I must admit I never order through PAB and only ever get pieces through BL or B&P as I've always found the PAB lacking.

Just a guess........

I hear all the time that Lego is running at maximum factory capacity to cover all of the lines and sets. That means they are probably limited on the ability to make "loose" parts, thus the reason why the variety is rather low for online PAB.

It seems the amount of bricks on PAB is going down. I remember the total number of variants used to be 1469 some months ago. Last week it was down to 1425, and now it is only 1418. Either a heavy restocking is needed - or it is definately going down. (And of course, the bricks I need are not available... :look:)

Here's my $0.02:

Ok, so PAB didn't have what you want. What did you do next?

Did you go to BnP? BL? Or maybe got on here and posted about it?

All perfectly rational responses, but...

They do nothing about the problem itself.

Going to BnP or BL may have gotten you your parts, posting about it may have relieved some tension or anger.

But TLG has no idea that you had a problem if you didn't tell them.

And if nobody tells them about a problem, they won't think they have a problem that needs fixing.

Here's my $0.02:

Ok, so PAB didn't have what you want. What did you do next?

Did you go to BnP? BL? Or maybe got on here and posted about it?

All perfectly rational responses, but...

They do nothing about the problem itself.

Going to BnP or BL may have gotten you your parts, posting about it may have relieved some tension or anger.

But TLG has no idea that you had a problem if you didn't tell them.

And if nobody tells them about a problem, they won't think they have a problem that needs fixing.

Well, I probably wouldnt have created a thread to make it known to the world but since there was already a thread and its a current matter I thought I could contribute :) - didnt necessarily feel tension or anger -

but still you are right, you have to make the problem known to the lego company and I will mention it during my next phone order which will be tomorrow. Its not the end of the world, though, horses are still available via bap but a little bit more expensive - and I like not to waste money if not strictly necessary.