Sign in to follow this  
goatman461

[BH - Clawdite] Get Up Close, and Hold on

On the busy streets of Lothal, a member of a Rebel cell has been targeted for termination. The Empire suspects him of being a skin changer and responsible for a number of security breaches recently perpetrated on the planet.

24127347412_2b77af1cdd_b.jpg

One bounty hunter knows, to kill a Clawdite, one must get up close... and hold on.

23909675409_c524381db6_b.jpg

I hope y'all don't mind the head substitute for the Clawdites. I thought the Clone War heads worked well.

I was also thinking about posting this modular build in the LEGO City forum. Would that be appropriate?

As for the building, it is a Rebel safe house. On the first floor a Zabrak "barber" specializes in horn polishes and other non-human grooming, which keeps the squeamish Imperial patrols at a distance.

24209312926_e83fa6c8fd_b.jpg

The second floor has living quarters for the barber and a secret passageway above the bed.

The third floor holds a bacta tank, munitions, roof access, and access to adjacent building.

On the roof top, our Clawdite Rebel keeps lookout with his rifle.

Behind the building, an evaporator sticks out of the wall and merchants rent out spaces to sell their goods.

24152854671_12b657bab1_b.jpg

Very nice! Beautiful build....I really like those inverse slopes at the base of the wall.....

Man, I love your modulars! I could spend hours soaking in all of the details. So unique. Clever backstory with the Zabrak barber. You got me itchin' to try my own Star Wars modular... Coruscant? (that'd be insane!) Mon Calamari/ Dac? (That'd be dope) Garel? (Keeping with Rebels theme) Alderaan? (Awesome) Would you mind if I tried my hand at one?

Also, looks like you're putting the Doctor Who set to a good use, based on the minifigure selection here.

Thanks everybody.

@JonnyRainbow - Wherever I can. You might consider asking in the general forum if you need help with that.

@Junior Shark - I haven't seen great exterior shots for a Garel build, but Takobo City from "Future of the Force" is well developed. I might try that next, it'll at least be a while before I can get more inverse slopes for another Lothal base. Those hexagon hangers are very tempting too, but they'd have to be pretty darn big. Tatooine is certainly doable and there are plenty of minifigs that would fit into a scene. Definitely try one out. Modular Star Wars needs to be a regular thing. Be sure to post it to the LEGO Star Wars Rebels Flickr Group https://www.flickr.com/groups/starwarsrebels/

Takobo City, yeah I remember that. Gonna have to go rewatch some Rebels.... there's a fire that's started inside me, and it can only be quenched by building a Star Wars modular! :laugh: So let's make a fad out of this! And another quick question, what do you use as a base? The big, thin baseplates or regular plates?

Very nice modular! I agree with Junior Shark, it's got me itching to make a SW modular myself!! :classic::thumbup:

This is an incredible build, but technically you're not eligible to go after Clawdite's until you reach at least an XP of 200. This was a little confusion on those rules so I'm sorry if that came into play with your decision to build this. Build in one more contest and you'll probably be there. So for now I'll hold off on sending this on for judging.

You have Passed. The comments are below:

1) pass: Nice building, good techniques, and great idea for this mission!

2) pass: Superb color blocking at the front, nice technical detailing at the back (with some great NPU's) and a gorgeous interior, especially the ground floor. This creation has a lot of life in it, which gives you the perfect everyday setting for some death. Just a really awesome box!

3) pass: Sleek and clean but the photo quality is a little bad.