Sign in to follow this  
mitchlt

Ice Planet 2002 Sat Launcher XIII

Hey all, I wanted to share with you something I put together for my favorite Lego series, Ice Planet 2002. It was the first full custom vehicle I have made that I took some time with.

I wanted this vehicle to be as classic looking as possible, minimizing the use of 'new' Lego pieces. I also wanted the Sat Launcher to contain lots of classic IP2K2 things all in one spot. I was able to stuff two of the big rockets on the launcher as well as one of the small rockets (from Deep Freeze Defender) which hides away out of site when the launcher is collapsed. In the front half of the vehicle I took the sliding crane arm from Deep Space Odyssey which would be used to help load and unload rockets when the vehicle would be away from the base. There are tons of other little bits and pieces you will probably recognize as well.

Here are some pics! Hope you guys like it.

IS%20XIII%204_zpsu31xfvxi.jpg

IS%20XIII%201_zps2lzdbjro.jpg

IS%20XIII%203_zpsk5sxcfuc.jpg

The vehicle under construction:

buildin1-3_zpsloket6oz.jpg

building%201-1_zpsor1skoc3.jpg

Oy Ya- Happy New Year All!

Edited by mitchlt

Both the artificial structures and the planet's scenery absolutely have that classic Ice Planet vibe. This is really cool, literally!

Thanks all!

I will debut the big ice planet scene shortly. I am still struggling with a few things on it. Probably will take me another month or two before it is all done. It has gotten pretty large.

Interesting looking vehicle.

I really like the shape of it. :thumbup:

The landscape has a classic feeling. :thumbup:

I love to see more pictures.

Fantastic build. It definitely looks as though it could have been released in 1993 with the rest of the Ice Planet 2002 sets. Well done!

Thanks again for the positive feedback all! Much appreciated. I am still working on the big ice planet theme. It seems to gobble bricks 150 at a time!