Sign in to follow this  
Jacob Nion

Skavenport Bakery and Brewery

Wow, I really love this! Looks like a nice place to work :classic: And your song is awesome, did you write it yourself? Very good job!

Reinheitsgebot! Great build -- I seriously love all the details of the brewing process. Is that malting barley in the attic?

Another great addition to your city, Sir Isentooth :thumbup: The brewery is just perfect, NPU with those couldrons too!

Very nice! I am beginning to admire your MOCs more and more!

I really like that stonework!

Lovely, especially - welk, just all of IT!

Thank you very much for that wonderful feedback guys! Took me a while to response, sorry for that.

As always a brilliant build! This building seems a bit less flimsy than what we have seen earlier and it adds another dimension to Skavenport. I am liking it!

Will we ever see an overview shot of the outside? It seems like there is another building too! :)

Thank you! Some buildings just need to be a bit sturdier to serve their purpose. There is no outside, at least no well built. It's just about the work inside, like those books for children where you can see a fire station or police department cutaway. The buildings in the back are just for that large city feel.

Very nice build, great interior! For some reason I especially love the crossed legs of the table - mind if I borrow that technique? The stone work is really good! :thumbup:

Thanks. Feel free to do so.

Amazing work! I love the tiny details! :sweet:

Hope there is no hair in that beer jk. Awesome build, not often do you see civilian buildings with such well thought out design.

What a great interior build! I love all the little details you've added in, and the size of the build.

Wow! Your city becomes more every build!

Lots of nice little details, the drunk guy laying next to the barrel might be me tonight :D

I love the humor going on!

Thank you all! I'm glad you could enjoy all the details.

Wonderful interior! One of the details that most stood out to me, was how you used SNOT plates to show a hole in the floor :thumbup: The cellar with all the arched recesses looks very realistic as well :classic:

Haha, the whole floor of the attic is made of 1x2 and 1x3 plates. That took a while to assemble.

Very fine - a lot of great details in here. What I like most is the rolling pin (Nudelholz) :laugh:

As always thank you captain!

This is awesome! I think my favourite thing about Skavenport is that we've seen lots of civilian Nocty builds. I love the cellar and the guy sweeping!

Thanks mate.

As I said on Flickr, great work, Jacob! I love the rat fishing for bread......

That's impressive! Love the layout!

Another top class build from you, keep it up!

I agree with LV that it's fantastic to see so many civilian Nocturnus builds now :classic:

Very nice. A lot of great details in here.

Skavenport is becoming a pearl!

Thank you! My goal is still to make Skavenport one of the largest cities in the east, comparable to all the other locations in the three other guilds.

The build is full of details and just looks great. But not only your build is absolutely fantastic, the whole post you made was so nice to read. I love that drinking song. Keep it on!

Thanks! The last verse was the first thing that came to my mind before I even had placed the base plate. Historica comes to life sometimes.

Amazing build as others have said, but what stands out the most to me is the wall behind the stovepipes. The way the brown tiles are set make the wall look like it's bowed inwards a little. Great optical illusion!

Thank you! I must say I didn't intended to do so, but I'm glad it works so well in youur eyes. One major improvement for me was here to make a smoother combination of white and tan sections.

Can just echo the praise! Absolutely stunning!! You have your own style to skavenport which I Love!!!

Lovely job with the bakery! The inside is very realictic! keep up!

I love all the details! Wait till the baker catches that guy that stole the pretzel!

Fantastic build, Jacob! The stone texture, ground layering, and table design are all superb :thumbup:

Great detail with the rat fishing for the pretzel too :laugh:

Thank you very very muxh for all that feedback. That makes me want to build the next part of the town.

Wow, I really love this! Looks like a nice place to work :classic: And your song is awesome, did you write it yourself? Very good job!

Aye, if I was a better singer I would have done an mp3, but that's one of the many things I suck at.

Reinheitsgebot! Great build -- I seriously love all the details of the brewing process. Is that malting barley in the attic?

Thamk you! Indeed, it is intended to be. I had to simplify the whole process. But I wanted to still show a logical production process for beer iwas such an important part of medieval life and absolutely necessary for food supply.

This is superb, all the details to make the building look old and worn are amazing. I love the diverse citizenry of Skavenport, really highlights what makes Nocturus so awesome.

This is just too cool, I would like to see a photo of the whole MOC. I expect Osric is a frequent guest between his military campaigns!

I thought the pretzel was hanging from the ceiling, figuring it was perhaps a German tradition to suspend pretzels from the roof. Then I realized she was tossing the dough... I'm getting less perceptive in my old age haha

This is superb, all the details to make the building look old and worn are amazing. I love the diverse citizenry of Skavenport, really highlights what makes Nocturus so awesome.

This is just too cool, I would like to see a photo of the whole MOC. I expect Osric is a frequent guest between his military campaigns!

I thought the pretzel was hanging from the ceiling, figuring it was perhaps a German tradition to suspend pretzels from the roof. Then I realized she was tossing the dough... I'm getting less perceptive in my old age haha

I'm sorry to diappoint you, but pretzels are in fact not that main aspect of German every day life culture :laugh: Haha, let me use this opportunity to clarify that there has never been a tradition in any German region to hang pickles on christmas trees :tongue: That's really a fun thing, I read about this custom last christmas.

That aside, thank you! there's no better overal pic other than the first. I just tried to build some sort of cutaway, but it's incredibly hard to photograph the whole interior at the same time. I will probably return to closed buildings with small interior on the back.