Lukasguy

Pet shop retirement

Hello

A while ago I bought the lego pet shop. I really like the set but I'm not really fond of it. I love the design but I have no connection with it. In my other lego sets I recognize stuff I like. In my emerald night I recognize how I loved steam engines when I was little, or in my star wars sets I recognize the awesome movies.

The pet shop is a nice building and I love the way it looks but I don't have a connection with it. (I don't know if you get it :tongue: )

So I still have the box and I thought I'd sell it when it retires and the price goes up.

I thought it would almost retire when I bought it but it still hasn't.

Any idea when it's going to retire?

Thanks.

I actually posted this same question a few days ago. In short, no one knows for sure. I spoke with the Westfarms store manager a few days ago and he doesn't know for sure either, but it "makes sense" to him for it to retire when Brick Bank is released in January. Also keep in mind you won't get nearly as much return on a used, built set as you would a NIB set.

This is a newb question - but is there a specific date or time of year when sets are retired? Any kind of advance warning at all? Or is it just speculation until they go to "SOLD OUT" on lego.com? I am an adult fan, who has gone through several "dark ages" before getting back into Lego a few weeks ago when we set up the Winter Village for Christmas. I do not want to miss out on the sets I like simply because I wait until I have the money saved up... Thanks!

No warning really other than an occasional "retiring soon" tag on s@h, but modulars don't really get even that warning most of the time in my limited experience. We've been speculating on the pet shop getting retired for a year or so. It hasn't. But will, and probably soon, and I could see prices skyrocketing quickly once that happens.

No warning really other than an occasional "retiring soon" tag on s@h, but modulars don't really get even that warning most of the time in my limited experience. We've been speculating on the pet shop getting retired for a year or so. It hasn't. But will, and probably soon, and I could see prices skyrocketing quickly once that happens.

I was afraid of that. Thanks for the information!

Pet Shop is still featured in the new winter catalog, although I must admit that does not ensure it will continue to be available for the whole time period the catalog covers. This modular has been quite popular due to the fact you can split it into two buildings, and it is cheaper than the three most recent ones. I really like the brownstone, and can see the appeal of having more than one on your block. It also makes an excellent parts pack given the price.

Like AFOLguy1970 said, I too was surprised to see the Pet Shop still included in the recent catalog. This is also my favorite of all the Modulars. I have 3, and yes they are all open. One is built and the other two were cannibalized for parts.