Sigolf Brimabane

[MOC] Updated Black Falcon's Fortress!

Hello! :)

I felt like building with my lego tonight, and I made an updated Black Falcon's Fortress. I made it in real bricks, but I can't take photos now (but might update with new photos some day soon!). So I made an LDD copy (with only some different parts usage). The drawbridge is operated with technic gears and stuff IRL, so by turning the reddish brown thing on top of the portculis, the drawbridge can be closed. It's at 554 bricks, sans figures. So would be possible for TLG to release. Maybe I should make a Lego Ideas petition... Anyways, tell me what you think!

b41265dc-beb0-4841-baa8-9b42d781c9b2_zpsw1qjbgqa.png

f3d0ba13-fceb-4903-ac93-c52e9b849c74_zpssmk0rgbl.png

1cc06c70-514e-4c4b-89ef-bda31ee15ac3_zpsdba9ysap.png

67f33383-548f-404e-b366-3d27eae15fd3_zpspsi0xgar.png

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

Please do update with photos. I like the redesign. This was my first Lego set and I've always loved it. It looks great with a more modern technique.

Thanks for the comments! :) I will try to take photos of the real thing! I'll see if I can show the drawbridge mechanism... I'll try it in LDD. I'm waiting for the last pieces for the original Black Falcon's Fortress to arrive from Bricklink. I won a lot at an auction with an almost complete Black Falcon's Fortress and a Forestmen's River Fortress. Both of the falcon flag's clips were broken though, and the yellow flags as well. So I've ordered replacements. In the meantime I've glued the broken falcon flag onto a flagpole/antenna piece. Would be a shame to throw it away. :)

Really nice, any chance for a look see at your drawbridge mechanism?

Here:

ece07ae0-c736-4d51-8026-a235810d00fe_zpsqivbuitt.png

In the real one I'm using those strings with studs on the ends and they are connected to those technic axle pieces. It might work better with regular string though, since the ones I'm using now are a bit stiff, so they don't roll up perfectly.