Kumbbl

42009 D Model car Transporter by MrTekneex

I purchased these instructions and must say, this MOC is really nice!

It is a rather large truck. I noticed mine had issues raising the upper part after a while. After changing the batteries it worked all fine again. Unfortunately I had to take it apart to start with Designer Han's alternative 42009 MOC.

Have yet to build the flatbed and the 42030 model C too!

Here's the embed so everyone has no excuse to see yet another excellent one-set MOC from MrTekneex:

Kumbbl, I haven't seen a thread on this before so I think you'll be ok with this one.

MrTekneex does say on his Facebook page that he is making instructions for this transporter that will hopefully be ready for Christmas. I'd be willing to pay a lot as well, but I'm confident the price will be more than reasonable :wink:

NB: I've only just "figured out" MrTekneex's name. Boy do I feel daft right now...

This is a fantastic model and if you ask me, it could have been the official B model for the 42009 out of the box.

I found that raising the bed is quite a strain on the L-motor and I had to replace the batteries to get it going again.

Having said that - purchase the BI and give this a MOC a go! (I yet have to build the flatbed model C - for that I need to take apart Designer Han's model C soon!).

Amazing model. I loved it's 5 motorized function i.e. extra rack, cabin, rear loading ramp, tilting upper deck or lowering upper deck. These models are very useful for the transportation companies and they also give it's information on their websites. Vehicle shipping companies help uses these models as the open trailers to transport cars or motorcycles. They have special technique and are expert in using all these types of vehicles.

Edited by JamesNobles

Just wanted to add to the chorus of praise for this model - just built it the other week.  It's a very enjoyable and interesting build; well worth the money for the instructions.  As others have mentioned, it's the way that the sliding/pivoting mechanisms at the rear all work together that is just wonderful.

On 1/14/2016 at 8:42 AM, mostlytechnic said:

Quickie review: I bought the instructions for both this and the flatbed. The email with link arrived in less than 24 hours (I ordered them when it was night in Europe, so the not-instant reply was expected). They're big files - half a gig for the pair of pdf files - but again, expected with them being hundreds of pages long. And they're good. Almost as good as real Lego manuals. There were only a few spots I had any confusion over parts or how to assemble something, and they were minor. There's also more spots with large modules that need to be attached than Lego would do, and sometimes it's tricky to get 6-10 pins and axles lined up.

My only gripe is general with electronic instructions. Most people are using them on a tablet or small-ish laptop, so they end up being smaller than a paper manual. It made for a fair bit of zooming and panning, since you need to see the corner with the parts shown, but then pan over to the picture to see where they go. But that's just what happens when building a large model with instructions on a 10" screen.

The build itself was great. Very few "build x of these same modules" or "build the same thing twice, but mirrored" sections. It came together nicely and you end up with a VERY big truck. It's nice and solid, other than the upper deck which you can see just from looking is a little flimsy (which is realistic, not a complaint). The functions are very well implemented. The lowering the upper deck is a bit weird, since I can't think of any reason you'd want to, but it's an awesome bit of engineering. The front and back are lowered by completely different mechanisms, but it stays almost perfectly level. Very very cleverly done. The build took a lot of hours, but in a good way.

My other favorite part is the knob to turn the battery box on and off. That's such a nice feature, having that function in a knob next to the gearbox switch. Makes switching direction so easy. His mechanism works great too.

There's only a small pile of parts left over, and the whole build felt less B-model-ish than real Lego sets. (by that I mean the tendency in B-models to have parts used weirdly, just because they're the parts available rather than the ideal part).

I did have to go hunt down a few parts, but I suspect my bin of "42009 parts" had been raided at some point. I was short a few axles and bushes. Again, probably my fault - I didn't take an inventory before I started.

My only other nitpick is that routing the cable from the motor to the battery is unclear. It needs to go a certain way to reach, but the installation of motor and battery are hundreds of steps apart. So look ahead to where it needs to go and keep that in mind as you build so that you can keep the cable routed well.

Overall, this was absolutely worth the cost for the instructions and I'm looking forward to building the flatbed as soon as I have time - and I'm saying that as someone with a brand new in the box Arocs in the house waiting to be built too! I'm honestly not sure which I'll build first :) (ok, probably the Arocs, but mostly because I hate taking sets apart, so I'm not looking forward to disassembling the car transporter to build the flatbed)

Hi! Would you mind sharing the instructions coz its hard to get from rebrickable 

tnx man

5 minutes ago, Dylan M said:

Hi! Would you mind sharing the instructions coz its hard to get from rebrickable 

tnx man

Dude, they're for sale.

1 hour ago, suffocation said:

Dude, they're for sale.

Yap man i know, well tnx any way I'll keep contacting The Author  ...