Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#142: Day of the Triffid

Growing frustrated, I attack the Triffid from the back row.

QM Note: Moving on without Windusky's input... You might want to change the battle order to direct Free Hits to different players.

Results of Round Five of the Restaurant Battle:

>Petaldan vs. Triffid - Miss

>Windus heals Ezeran - No Healing

>Drucilla vs. Triffid - Critical Hit (Triffid: 634 health-(44/2=22 dmg)=612 health)

>Ezeran does nothing

Torald vs. Triffid - Miss

Meat Golem - Free Hit vs. Petaldan (Petaldan: 8 health-2 SP-(7/2=4 dmg)=6 health)

Salad Golem - Free Hit vs. Windus (Windus: 9 health-(7/2=4 dmg)=5 health)

The party's efforts are in vain, and the monsters begin to overpower them.

Enemies:

heroicaquest142-triffidmalastor.jpgTriffid

*Absorbs Wood* *Wood-elemental attacks* *Immune to poisoned, bleeding, petrified, doomed and sudden death*

Type: Plant

Level: 12

Health: 612/1212

Special: Cough Up – The monster releases its victim and flees the battle.

Drops: 2 Wild Vines (WP:6, causes bound-effect, wood-elemental whip), Demeter Bomb (100 wood-elemental damage to all enemies)

Note: The Triffid will revive the golems at the end of each round if they have been defeated. The drops will not be replenished.

heroicaquest142-meatgolem.jpgMeat Golem

Type: Undead/Beast

Level: 7

Health: 142/142

Special: Slaughterhouse Blues – Stuns all opponents.

Drops: Chicken Drumstick (Max. health +1 when consumed.), Greasy Sausage (Max. health +2 when consumed.), Raw Meat (Max. health +5 when consumed.)

heroicaquest142-saladgolem.jpgSalad Golem

Type: Undead/Plant

Health: 142/142

Special: Nutritious Mix – Grants all allies a random positive effect: encouraged, hastened, lucky. On subsequent uses, grants an effect that the allies do not have.

Drops: Mighty Carrot (Power +2 when consumed.), Magic Pumpkin (Spellpower +2 when consumed.), Level Up Mushroom (Grants the user one full level when consumed.)

Party:

19745451253_0970632efb_m.jpgEzeran Yavarr (MysticModulus)

42 year old male human mage *Party Leader*

Level 6 *Absorbs darkness*

Power: 13 (6+7)

Defense: 1

Health: 5/10 (5+5)

Ether: 5/10 (5+5)

Gold: 25

Equipment: Ancient Sapphamber Staff (WP:7, doubled against Ancient enemies, Wind-elemental; staff), Hood of the Elementalist (SP:1, *Absorbs darkness*; headwear, suitable to anyone)

Inventory: Staff infested with demonic slime (WP 3), 2x Potion, 2x Grand Tonic, 2x Remedy. Emerald (Wood), Ruby (Fire), Ebony Scorpion Dagger (WP:5, deals Poisoned-by-3; dagger), Bedroll.

photo-thumb-43982.jpg?_r=1438604472Torald Waruelf (Alfadas)

20 year old male Human Barbarian

Level 4

Power: 9 (4+5)

Defense: 3

Health: 11/11 (8+3)

Gold: 70

Equipment: Ebony Scorpion Spear (WP:5, deals Poisoned-by-3; spear), Tricorne (SP:3, headwear; suitable to anyone)

Inventory: Gaia Blade (WP:5, Wood-elemental, ignores defenses of foes weak to Wood, gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; greatsword), Ignis Blade (WP:5, Fire-elemental, ignores SP of foes weak to Fire, gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; greatsword), Old and Rusty Greatsword (WP: 3), Mead, Tiger Balm, Fire Bomb, Aeolus Bomb (Deals 100 wind-elemental damage to all opponents when used.), Phoenix essence, Crocodile belt (Max. Health +2; accessory.)

petaldan_parfenius.jpgPaladin Petaldan Parfenius (Palathadric)

5-year-old male "wonder" Knight

Level: 1

Power: 4 (1+3)

Defense: 2

Health: 6/10

Gold: 5

Equipment: Daugslyr (WP:3; Greatsword), Racamia (SP: 2; Shield)

Inventory: Potion, Bedroll

ava-windus.jpg Dr. Windus (Windusky)

29 yrs old human Cleric

Level 1

Defense: 0

Health: 5/9

Ether: 4/5

Gold: 10

Equipment: Diamond Staff (WP: 3)

Inventory: 1 Potion, 1 Remedy, Shovel

heroicanpc-drucillaeldritch2.jpgDrucilla Eldritch (NPC, controlled by MysticModulus)

32 years old female human Archmage

Level 43 4/5 *Arcane Wisdom* *Circle of Mages* *Immune to Sealed*

Power: 44 (43+1) (Spellpower: 88 (43+45))

Health: 57/57 (5+42+10)

Ether: 53/62 (5+42+10+5)

Gold: 922

Equipment: Eldritch Wand (WP:1, Spellpower: 45; suitable to members of the Eldritch family only; wand), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, protects from sealed-effect, suitable for mages, clerics and necromancers.)

Inventory: Opal (Ice), Ruby (Fire), Garnet (Earth), Emerald (Wood), Sapphire (Wind), Topaz (Lightning), Aquamarine (Water), Diamond (Light), Amethyst (Darkness)

I attack the Meat Golem from the Back Row, very discouraged with myself.

"Why won't he cough him up? He coughed up Waldorf so quickly."

Edited by Palathadric

Results of Round Six of the Restaurant Battle:

Torald vs. Triffid - Shield (Frenzy - Triffid: 612 health-9 dmg=603 health; Meat Golem: 142 health-9 dmg=133 health+poisoned by 3; Salad Golem: 142 health-9 dmg=133 health+poisoned by 3)

>Drucilla vs. Triffid - Meditate (Drucilla: +1 ether)

>Ezeran uses Potion - (Ezeran: +10 health)

>Petaldan vs. Meat Golem - Special Damage (Slaughterhouse Blues - All heroes: stunned)

>Windus vs. Triffid - (Windus: recovers from stunned)

Salad Golem - Free Hit vs. Torald (Torald: 11 health+3 SP-7 dmg=7 health)

Meat Golem - Poisoned by 3

Salad Golem - Poisoned by 3

Torald's attack poisons the golems, but the Meat Golem stuns the heroes in return. The heroes must spent a turn to recover from the stun, except Windus who already managed to regain his posture.

Enemies:

*Absorbs Wood* *Wood-elemental attacks* *Immune to poisoned, bleeding, petrified, doomed and sudden death*

Health: 603/1212

Drops: 2 Wild Vines (WP:6, causes bound-effect, wood-elemental whip), Demeter Bomb (100 wood-elemental damage to all enemies)

Note: The Triffid will revive the golems at the end of each round if they have been defeated. The drops will not be replenished.

*Poisoned by 3*

Health: 130/142

Drops: Chicken Drumstick (Max. health +1 when consumed.), Greasy Sausage (Max. health +2 when consumed.), Raw Meat (Max. health +5 when consumed.)

*Poisoned by 3*

Health: 130/142

Special: Nutritious Mix – Grants all allies a random positive effect: encouraged, hastened, lucky. On subsequent uses, grants an effect that the allies do not have.

Drops: Mighty Carrot (Power +2 when consumed.), Magic Pumpkin (Spellpower +2 when consumed.), Level Up Mushroom (Grants the user one full level when consumed.)

Party:

Level 6 *Absorbs darkness* *Stunned*

Health: 10/10 (5+5)

Equipment: Ancient Sapphamber Staff (WP:7, doubled against Ancient enemies, Wind-elemental; staff), Hood of the Elementalist (SP:1, *Absorbs darkness*; headwear, suitable to anyone)

Inventory: Staff infested with demonic slime (WP 3), Potion, 2x Grand Tonic, 2x Remedy. Emerald (Wood), Ruby (Fire), Ebony Scorpion Dagger (WP:5, deals Poisoned-by-3; dagger), Bedroll.

Level 4 *Stunned*

Power: 9 (4+5)

Health: 7/11 (8+3)

Equipment: Ebony Scorpion Spear (WP:5, deals Poisoned-by-3; spear), Tricorne (SP:3, headwear; suitable to anyone)

Inventory: Gaia Blade (WP:5, Wood-elemental, ignores defenses of foes weak to Wood, gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; greatsword), Ignis Blade (WP:5, Fire-elemental, ignores SP of foes weak to Fire, gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; greatsword), Old and Rusty Greatsword (WP: 3), Mead, Tiger Balm, Fire Bomb, Aeolus Bomb (Deals 100 wind-elemental damage to all opponents when used.), Phoenix essence, Crocodile belt (Max. Health +2; accessory.)

Level: 1 *Stunned*

Health: 6/10

29 yrs old human Cleric

Level 1

Health: 5/9

Ether: 4/5

heroicanpc-drucillaeldritch2.jpgDrucilla Eldritch (NPC, controlled by MysticModulus)

Level 43 4/5 *Arcane Wisdom* *Circle of Mages* *Immune to Sealed* *Stunned*

Health: 57/57 (5+42+10)

Ether: 54/62 (5+42+10+5)

Equipment: Eldritch Wand (WP:1, Spellpower: 45; suitable to members of the Eldritch family only; wand), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, protects from sealed-effect, suitable for mages, clerics and necromancers.)

Inventory: Opal (Ice), Ruby (Fire), Garnet (Earth), Emerald (Wood), Sapphire (Wind), Topaz (Lightning), Aquamarine (Water), Diamond (Light), Amethyst (Darkness)

If recovered, somehow, I attack the Triffid from the Back Row.

"Ugh!" I groan.

QM Note: I just realized I've copied the wrong stats from the first page of this topic, so you should all be a level higher. :blush:

Take note that if you have used an item on the previous round, you can't just post "repeat" if you don't want to use another item again, expecting the QM to know which one of your previous actions you want to repeat. :wink:

Results of Round Seven of the Restaurant Battle:

Torald recovers from stunned

>Drucilla recovers from stunned

>Ezeran recovers from stunned

>Petaldan recovers from stunned

>Windus vs. Triffid - Critical Hit (Triffid: 603 health-(8/2=4 dmg)=599 health)

Meat Golem - Free Hit vs. Torald (Torald: 8 health+3 SP-7 dmg=4 health)

Salad Golem - Free Hit vs. Drucilla (Drucilla: 57 health+3 SP-7 dmg=53 health)

As the rest of the party recover from being stunned, Windus keeps the Triffid at bay. The golems get to hit Torald and Drucilla freely, though, injuring the barbarian severely.

Enemies:

Health: 599/1212

*Poisoned by 3*

Health: 127/142

*Poisoned by 3*

Health: 127/142

Party:

Level 7 *Absorbs darkness*

Power: 14 (7+7)

Health: 11/11 (5+6)

Ether: 6/11 (5+6)

Inventory: Staff infested with demonic slime (WP 3), Potion, 2x Grand Tonic, 2x Remedy. Emerald (Wood), Ruby (Fire), Ebony Scorpion Dagger (WP:5, deals Poisoned-by-3; dagger), Bedroll.

Level 5

Power: 10 (5+5)

Health: 4/12 (8+4)

Level: 2

Power: 5 (2+3)

Health: 7/11 (10+1)

29 yrs old human Cleric

Level 2

Health: 6/10 (9+1)

Ether: 5/6 (5+1)

Health: 53/57 (5+42+10)

"I'd like a heal! I can't heal myself anymore with potions, so please, someone heal me!"

Torald attacks triffid, back row

QM Note: I just realized I've copied the wrong stats from the first page of this topic, so you should all be a level higher. :blush:

Take note that if you have used an item on the previous round, you can't just post "repeat" if you don't want to use another item again, expecting the QM to know which one of your previous actions you want to repeat. :wink:

Ooc: Sorry about the repeat-error, I meant to attack again. Could you please check my level again, I was one level above Torald when we finished the last quest and I've updated my profile during this quest so it might be that it's one level to high. Sorry for that mess!

Ezeran suddenly awakes from his stunned state, the symbionts tongue still hangs limp. He shrugs it off and attacks the Triffid from the back row.

Drucilla repeats.

I attack the Meat Golem again.

"I have a feeling we're doing something wrong here. Maestro, you wouldn't happen to have a Jinxy Juice, would you?"

Ooc: Could you please check my level again, I was one level above Torald when we finished the last quest and I've updated my profile during this quest so it might be that it's one level to high. Sorry for that mess!

QM Note: Okay, I doublechecked and your initial level was right all along. I've fixed it back now.

"I have a feeling we're doing something wrong here. Maestro, you wouldn't happen to have a Jinxy Juice, would you?"

heroicaquest66-maitred.jpg

"Hmmm, thinking about making yourself unlucky? Wouldn't a nostrum on the monster do the trick better? I am sure Portia sells them outside on the Marketplace."

heroicanpc-drucillaeldritch2.jpg

"Well, will someone go and buy one already? You there!" Drucilla called out to the waitress. "Take this my gold and go buy us one. And make it fast!"

heroicaquest142-phoebe.jpg

"On the double, ma'am!"

Drucilla tossed 35 gold to Phoebe, who ran out of the restaurant.

Results of Round Eight of the Restaurant Battle:

>Torald vs. Triffid - Hit (Triffid: 599 health-(10/2=5 dmg)=594 health)

>Drucilla vs. Triffid - Critical Hit (Triffid: 594 health-(44/2=22 dmg)=572 health)

>Ezeran vs. Triffid - Miss

>Petaldan vs. Meat Golem - Special Damage (Slaughterhouse Blues - All heroes: stunned)

>Windus heals himself recovers from stunned

Salad Golem - Free Hit vs. Torald (Torald: 4 health+3 SP-(7/2=4 dmg)=3 health)

The heroes keep on failing to make the Triffid release its victim. The Meat Golem stuns everyone again, and only Windus is able to recover.

Phoebe then returned with the nostrum and tossed it at the plant monster.

heroicaquest142-phoebe.jpg

"Take this, you lettuce head!"

The Triffid was now lucky, meaning that it would be harder to hit but also easier to make it cough up the necromancer.

Enemies:

*Absorbs Wood* *Wood-elemental attacks* *Immune to poisoned, bleeding, petrified, doomed and sudden death* *Lucky*

Health: 572/1212

*Poisoned by 3*

Health: 124/142

*Poisoned by 3*

Health: 124/142

Party:

Level 6 *Absorbs darkness* *Stunned*

Level 5 *Stunned*

Health: 3/12 (8+4)

Level 2 *Stunned*

29 yrs old human Cleric

Level 2

Level 43 4/5 *Arcane Wisdom* *Circle of Mages* *Immune to Sealed* *Stunned*

Gold: 887

QM Note: Guys, it's really important to check the battle order every round.

Results of Round Nine of the Restaurant Battle:

>Torald recovers from stunned

>Drucilla recovers from stunned

>Ezeran recovers from stunned

>Petaldan recovers from stunned

>Windus vs. Triffid - Hit/Miss

Meat Golem - Free Hit vs. Torald (Torald: 3 health+3 SP-(7/2=4 dmg)=2 health)

Salad Golem - Free Hit vs . Drucilla (Drucilla: 53 health+3 SP-(7/2=4 dmg)=52 health)

As his party mates recover from their stunning, Windus keeps the Triffid at bay. The golems injure Torald and Drucilla more.

Enemies:

*Absorbs Wood* *Wood-elemental attacks* *Immune to poisoned, bleeding, petrified, doomed and sudden death* *Lucky*

Health: 572/1212

*Poisoned by 3*

Health: 121/142

*Poisoned by 3*

Health: 121/142

Party:

Level 5

Health: 2/12 (8+4)

Level 2

ava-windus.jpgDr. Windus (Windusky)

29 yrs old human Cleric

Level 2

"I could REALLY use some healing now!" Torald does noting in the back row if he isn't getting healed (in fear of getting K.O.ed). If he is getting healed, he attacks Triffid, front row.

Edited by Alfadas

Results of Round Ten of the Restaurant Battle:

>Petaldan uses Potion on Torald - (Torald: +10 health)

>Drucilla vs. Triffid - Meditate/Special Damage (Cough Up - Triffid flees)

>Ezeran vs. Triffid Meat Golem - Shield (Magic Burst of Wood - Meat Golem: 121 health-13 dmg=108 health; Salad Golem: no effect; Ezeran: -1 ether)

>Windus vs. Triffid Meat Golem - Damage (Windus: 6 health-(7/2=4 dmg)=2 health)

Torald vs. Triffid Meat Golem - Damage (Torald: 12 health+3 SP-(7 dmg)=8 health)

Salad Golem - Free Hit vs. Petaldan (Petaldan: 7 health+2 SP-(7/2=4 dmg)=5 health)

Petaldan uses his only potion on Torald. The Triffid finally coughs up Malastor Eldritch and flees the scene. This leaves the two golems to be handled. The party is getting worn out by the battle, with cuts and bruises all around, but they would have to give a final push to vanquish the Triffid's creations.

Enemies:

*Poisoned by 3*

Health: 105/142

*Poisoned by 3*

Health: 118/142

Party:

Ether: 4/10 (5+5)

Level 5

Health: 8/12 (8+4)

Level 2

Health: 5/11 (10+1)

Inventory: Bedroll

ava-windus.jpgDr. Windus (Windusky)

29 yrs old human Cleric

Level 2

Health: 2/10 (9+1)