Sign in to follow this  
CM4Sci

[MOC] Flinx's Flaming CHI Fortress

I don't think it's ever happening at this point. They probably didn't get enough submissions.

Maybe you can take having the best entry on EB as a consolation prize? :tongue:

Not getting "enough submissions" is not an excuse!

Send them an email!

Not getting "enough submissions" is not an excuse!

Send them an email!

Sent. There is NO WAY that is the reason - I really want that giant set. Good for pieces :grin:

Sent. There is NO WAY that is the reason - I really want that giant set. Good for pieces :grin:

Hmm... You've probably bought a few Chima sets from the fire and ice wave... So you probably have a few spare figures...

what do you do with them? Do you give away to relatives? Sell them? Keep them to use minifig pieces as spares? I myself avoid buying sets featuring majority of the characters I already have.

Edited by gamejutzu

I keep all LEGO I own. I've only purchased like 3 sets from Fire and Ice, one was a Christmas present.

I keep all LEGO I own. I've only purchased like 3 sets from Fire and Ice, one was a Christmas present.

Oh, I see. So did you order the figs online or something? Because you have a lot of them for only 4 sets...

Well either way there was a lot more sets in this wave than I thought. If you win, you'll be swimming in Lego.

Oh, I see. So did you order the figs online or something? Because you have a lot of them for only 4 sets...

Well either way there was a lot more sets in this wave than I thought. If you win, you'll be swimming in Lego.

I remember getting the small phoenix for the giant flames and the figures, I got two polybags and the Fire Lion for Christmas, and I won Eris in a contest from here! :sweet:

Hmm... You've probably bought a few Chima sets from the fire and ice wave... So you probably have a few spare figures...

what do you do with them? Do you give away to relatives? Sell them? Keep them to use minifig pieces as spares? I myself avoid buying sets featuring majority of the characters I already have.

Now imagine if someone had every single set, and kept every single minifigure. Sure having lots of main character doubles may be a pain, but when you set all of the duplicates together (especially the villains) you'll understand that life is so much better with an army at you hands. :devil_laugh:

I remember getting the small phoenix for the giant flames and the figures, I got two polybags and the Fire Lion for Christmas, and I won Eris in a contest from here! :sweet:

Oh, forgot about the polybags. I was actually trying to get some myself.

Now imagine if someone had every single set, and kept every single minifigure. Sure having lots of main character doubles may be a pain, but when you set all of the duplicates together (especially the villains) you'll understand that life is so much better with an army at you hands. :devil_laugh:

You'll never feel bad about removing arms to use on another figure again! :devil_laugh:

You'll never feel bad about removing arms to use on another figure again! :devil_laugh:

*huh* Why would I ever want to do that? You could crack the torso doing that! :oh:

*huh* Why would I ever want to do that? You could crack the torso doing that! :oh:

But don't you ever want to know how [___] would look like if they had [___] color arms?

You could be improving the minifigure.

The urge is real. And besides, with an abundance of clones, it would lessen the risk of that happening.

Edited by gamejutzu

But don't you ever want to know how [___] would look like if they had [___] color arms?

You could be improving the minifigure.

The urge is real. And besides, with an abundance of clones, it would lessen the risk of that happening.

No

Not really.

I did swap out Pythor's (2012) arms, because they made absolutely no sense.

That's as far as I'll go.

I did swap out Pythor's (2012) arms, because they made absolutely no sense.

That's as far as I'll go.

I guess I agree. Other than for the minifig looking better that way, that's the only time I do it. Not to be "wacky" or something.

Was gonna wait until I got my physical copy to see...

Why? That's not even a fortress! It's a waterfall! :hmpf_bad:

Well, it was worth a shot. Thanks for all your comments, guys! :sweet:

I may not have won but you guys made me feel like a winner anyway :tongue:

Edited by CM4Sci

What I liked most about your build Sci, was that it looked like it could be officially produced as an official set.

Sadly, if you aren't 12 or under, regardless if Lego explicitly says no age range, you're basically automatically disqualified.

There was a little while there in my teen years where I would try to enter the competitions just to get a free Lego set here and there. The winners' MOCs didn't just look like trash, they were trash, and I never understood why I never won, until I realized that age was probably the major factor.

It makes since too, as parents would quickly complain if only people 12+ won.

Frankly I was pretty impressed with the winners of this contest, especially considering the age of the builders. I'm sorry your entry didn't win, but let's not start tearing into the MOCs of kids who probably don't have as much experience as any of us aren't even here to defend their creations. That wouldn't be very sporting.

Well, that was disappointing.

Sorry you didn't win. But it was inevitable this would happen. In a contest with kids and adults building, of course the adults would win. They'd have to do something unfair to ensure both groups would leave somewhat happy.

In short, you could have won. If LEGO allowed adults to participate.

I don't understand why LEGO has not started activities like this for teens and adults though, as both groups are pretty much equal.

Edited by gamejutzu

Well, that was disappointing.

Sorry you didn't win. But it was inevitable this would happen. In a contest with kids and adults building, of course the adults would win. They'd have to do something unfair to ensure both groups would leave somewhat happy.

In short, you could have won. If LEGO allowed adults to participate.

I don't understand why LEGO has not started activities like this for teens and adults though, as both groups are pretty much equal.

I'm not necessarily an adult, though. A teen thing would be cool. I just.. hate this, JUST because it's kids they gotta go easy. I don't even build that much with physical bricks. The original entry was literally the gate and two small towers! Glad I used the baseplate. :shrug_confused:

Edited by CM4Sci

I'm not necessarily an adult, though. A teen thing would be cool. I just.. hate this, JUST because it's kids they gotta go easy. I don't even build that much with physical bricks. The original entry was literally the gate and two small towers! Glad I used the baseplate. :shrug_confused:

Yeah. From the way things are with their competitions, it looks like there's no way for a build that's actually good to win.

Would LEGO be willing to organize teen and adult building competitions and activities if enough people wanted them?

Yeah. From the way things are with their competitions, it looks like there's no way for a build that's actually good to win.

Would LEGO be willing to organize teen and adult building competitions and activities if enough people wanted them?

They do, on Rebrick. They're even in the process of redesigning the site to be all about these sorts of contests.

I don't think it's fair at all to say the winners of this contest weren't actually good. I think they look quite nice, way better than a lot of the entries I remember from many of the LEGO Magazine contests during my childhood.

The only thing that irks me about the winner is that

1) I think the theme was Fire VS Ice, not 2013

2) It's not a fortress, it's a waterfall and a river

1) I think the theme was Fire VS Ice, not 2013

2) It's not a fortress, it's a waterfall and a river

Ikr, let alone the fact that it was not exactly the best model in the competition...

They do, on Rebrick. They're even in the process of redesigning the site to be all about these sorts of contests.

I don't think it's fair at all to say the winners of this contest weren't actually good. I think they look quite nice, way better than a lot of the entries I remember from many of the LEGO Magazine contests during my childhood.

The websirte does not look up to date with the rest of the LEGO branch sites. I hope they really are redesigning it.

Yeah, it looks quite nice. For the age level that was allowed to participate. that's the only thing that urks me.