Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Mystery Ship: Chapter 9

To Dan I whisper: We'll just leave him talking there, he's just saying non-sense. We could wait till he sobers up, but still don't know what to do with him after that, he doesn't seem dangerous to us, but we should still keep our guard high on him.

Well, he is tied to a poll, so I don't think you need to worry too much. I'm going to hang out here a little bit... he may say something of interest.

Otto! I'll take a drink. :-)

I'll stay with you. We can take turns naping, we probably are really tired.

Otto, I'll take any non-alcholic drinks if you have any :-$ .

I'll stay with you. We can take turns naping, we probably are really tired.

Otto, I'll take any non-alcholic drinks if you have any :-$ .

I have some! Uh... Juice pack or juice pack? :-$

AvtFrankMason2.jpg

Bennie Boy, I order you to unhand me and untie me. I won't be questioned by any two-bit Rent-A-Skipper and his little dive'n Gilligan Buddy-Boy, not on me own ship - beg'n the Captain's pardon. I say we throw that sneeky bunch o'pirate feed on dar little fish'n trolly and send them back on dar three hour tour. It won't but be a few hours before that silly slap'n captain will steer that little paper boat right into da reef and be trapped on da island of shame. I say let him go back to his silly movie stars and farm girls where he be come'n from.

I'm not be da monster you be make'n me out to be, Captain. Someone stole me costume from me chest for some evil plot he be do'n. Untie me Captain and you should be a question'n da oders - start'n wit the Skipper and his little Buddy Boy. And I don't be trust'n that Geno-berry. He be too suspicious sneak'n around da ship look'n under tings and all. |-/

AvtFrankMason2.jpg

Bennie Boy, I order you to unhand me and untie me.

:-D :-D :-D Why should we trust you now? We have proof that you have lied before, why should we not just assume you are lying now? Try telling us why you dressed up like you were in the mardi gras first, then if the reason is good enough maybe then we will let you live. :-D :-D :-D

AvtFrankMason2.jpg

Bennie Boy, I order you to unhand me and untie me. I won't be questioned by any two-bit Rent-A-Skipper and his little dive'n Gilligan Buddy-Boy, not on me own ship - beg'n the Captain's pardon. I say we throw that sneeky bunch o'pirate feed on dar little fish'n trolly and send them back on dar three hour tour. It won't but be a few hours before that silly slap'n captain will steer that little paper boat right into da reef and be trapped on da island of shame. I say let him go back to his silly movie stars and farm girls where he be come'n from.

I'm not be da monster you be make'n me out to be, Captain. Someone stole me costume from me chest for some evil plot he be do'n. Untie me Captain and you should be a question'n da oders - start'n wit the Skipper and his little Buddy Boy. And I don't be trust'n that Geno-berry. He be too suspicious sneak'n around da ship look'n under tings and all. |-/

Um, no, I don't want to. I like the Cap'n. He gave me a cookie. *sweet* You're tied up for something, so how do I know you won't hurt me?

Well, my wooden-leg friend, I wont hit you or anything, as much as I'd like to, throwing sticks and stones wont do it any more. I don't see how you would be any more of a sailor than I am. YOU are the first mate, the Captain's right side man, and, uh, where have you been? Where were you when there was a hole in the Sea Ghost? Where were you we tried to lift the Minnow? Not out to help the Captain and his crew survive. You're about the worst first mate I've ever seen, that is if you are one.

Nobody can understand you either, a-r-t-i-c-u-l-a-t-e your words!

av-174.jpg

Something is definately strange here. What is this whispering between you and Diver Dan? Care to do some explaining yourself Skipper. What is this treasure you keep whispering about?

If Mr. Mason is telling the truth about the Creature costume and that it was stolen from his room (like the note we found), then who stole it?

Also, what were you doing with the costume in the first place Mr. Mason?

AvtFrankMason2.jpg

Arrr! You're the only mate mak'n any smarts of all of dis Petie. I had da suit in me room to scare da crew wit. Give them some real discipline, just like in me book you know - Discipline Through Fear. You all see how dey need it wit Captain Love Fest on da ship and all. Come'n togeder through fear of the Creature from da Deep. I never hurts no one dow, just Bennie - but it was da accident. I didn't knows he'd be get'n scared like he did. After we boarded, figur'n what I did to Bennie and all, I locked it up in me treasure chest. Someone picked da lock and took it dough. Whoever the scurvey pirate was had to be skilled at get'n treasure chests open... That's all I know. I be drink'n in here wit Mr. Ottobauhn since you be search'n me room. He can vouch for me dar, tell'm Ottoburger!

AvtFrankMason2.jpg

Arrr! You're the only mate mak'n any smarts of all of dis Petie. I had da suit in me room to scare da crew wit. Give them some real discipline, just like in me book you know - Discipline Through Fear.

So on this trip, you have never wore the suit?

av-174.jpg

Something is definately strange here. What is this whispering between you and Diver Dan? Care to do some explaining yourself Skipper. What is this treasure you keep whispering about?

Apparently you don't listen. I tell time and time again, it's the treasure we were after before we got the captain's distress call. I've been talking with Dan to figure out what we'll do once we get out of this situation. The book where I keep in my logs of the treasure I pick up was soaked and all blury.

Is this what you wanted to hear?

Apparently you don't listen. I tell time and time again, it's the treasure we were after before we got the captain's distress call. I've been talking with Dan to figure out what we'll do once we get out of this situation. The book where I keep in my logs of the treasure I pick up was soaked and all blury.

Is this what you wanted to hear?

Well then, stop whispering about it and stop snapping at everyone. Take a nap if you're cranky.

Skipper, I think someone else may have been searching for the same treasure, can you tell me again, everything you know about it? History, etc?

Well then, stop whispering about it and stop snapping at everyone. Take a nap if you're cranky.

Skipper, I think someone else may have been searchinf for the same treasure, can you tell me again, everything you know about it? History, etc?

I'm being snappy? :-$ I'm sorry, though, it was a pretty big thing for me to have almost lost the Minnow, but thanks to Scotty, I have it back!

I would tell you the origin, but some times, it's just a big blob on the radar. It could be an unidentified ship. The treasure hunter will not always know the exact specs. I've been having not sao good succes in these waters, so I'm taking anything I hear that is under these waters.

Why would you think anybody else is looking for the treasure? From my source, it's a newly found item.

I'm being snappy? :-$ I'm sorry, though, it was a pretty big thing for me to have almost lost the Minnow, but thanks to Scotty, I have it back!

I would tell you the origin, but some times, it's just a big blob on the radar. It could be an unidentified ship. The treasure hunter will not always know the exact specs. I've been having not sao good succes in these waters, so I'm taking anything I hear that is under these waters.

Why would you think anybody else is looking for the treasure? From my source, it's a newly found item.

Someone was murdered here tonight (or last month, I don't know-the fog is confusing me!) and it had to have been for a reason *wacko* . Finding gold dubloons everywhere makes me think tresure was involved.

Duh, why didn't I think to ask this. Frank, where'd the bag of dubloons come from we found in your cabin??

I am pondering what is with these dubloons also, would you, Frank, have anything to do with it?

Frank, where'd the bag of dubloons come from we found in your cabin??

AvtFrankMason2.jpg

Oh: me had dose for years now dar. I collect da old pirate relics and gold coins. Dey are wort a pretty penny now, but I did had'um for years. Me treasure isn't much for deez greedy collectors here. I be think'n they're after something much bigger and better dan me old coins. Whoever stole me Creature costume left 'um in da chest wit a puddle of salty sea water. Dat should be tell'n you its not be me coins dey iz after.

And to answer Scotty's question, I didn't wore da suit for da whole time you all be on dis ship. I be swear'n it on me drowned grandmoder's grave!

And I didn't be kill'n the stinky fisherman for dat matter eider. Me swears it!

AvtGeneWagonBerry2.jpg

It is clear that this man is lying through his teeth. He probably snuck around the ship with a sharp knife until he found an innocent victim, then cut him open like a dead fish. Captain, we've heard enough from this drunk now, let's lock him in the brig until we get back to the mainland. I'm sure the Skipper and Dan are here to help us.

AvtJackTupp2.jpg

Hey Captain, guess what! I've got great news. I think we can start this ship back up. Strangest thing, I found this wedged in the Engine Turbine Manifold Condensor. It was clogging the main fuel line!

(hands the Captain a Star Trek Star Fleet shirt emblem)

how do you know that? And why haven't you said anything before now? >:-(

I'd hate to see a nerd get beat up on my watch, but so help me, if that's what it takes!

AvtGeneWagonBerry2.jpg

They're out to steel the cargo Captain! They've been following us since we left the mainland. They threatened to kill me if I said anything. :'-(

Well he is in a red jacket afterall so it looks like it was fate... :-P How do you know these guys and what cargo? WHAT IS IN THAT DARN BOX?!!!

AvtGeneWagonBerry2.jpg

I saw them sneak aboard the ship. I tried to stop them. They roughed me up! Told me they wanted me to unlock the cargo. I don't have the code though.

Pardon my manners, Dan and Skipper. I hate to be rude to guests, but I'm going to have to tie you up now. Don't resist! We have steel-toed boots.

Tell me everything you know, Geno. Scotty won't let these two touch you.

Well, first of all, Frank, what are you doing with the costume in the first place?? 8-| I smell a fetish...

Well, first of all, Frank, what are you doing with the costume in the first place?? 8-| I smell a fetish...

AvtFrankMason2.jpg

Arrr Captain! But I told you da first time already |-/ . I bought it to teach dese silly lazy land-lov'n crew o'yours a ting about discipline. I be got da idea from a book I was read'n, Discipline Through Fear. I thought a little sea monster humor would scare dem into shape, bring dem togeder. I didn't tink things would go badly, and little Bennie Boy would be get'n scared like he did and run under da cargo container like he did and all. After hurt'n him, I thought for sure you'd be get'n rid o'me. So I hid da costume in me chest before our voyage. I did go into your room a few times to see if you were go'n to court martial me. But you are a good Captain, arrr! I'm just sorry for what I did to poor Bennie Boy here. Can you ever forgive Bennie? :-(

AvtGeneWagonBerry2.jpg

But Captain, he's got to be the Creature! You said it yourself. Don't believe him. And these two from the Minnow, they're thieves!

But Captain, he's got to be the Creature! You said it yourself. Don't believe him. And these two from the Minnow, they're thieves!

I'm tired of asking you to tell me everything you know. Gopher, beat it out of him. Give him the full nerd treatment... >:-) I know you've been wanting to this whole time...