Savage Oppress

2016 Lego Games prediction

Lego generally don't tend to remake games though. And they shouldn't.

Technically speaking, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga essentially WAS a remake of the first two Lego Star Wars games. And Lego Indiana Jones 2 remade the levels from the first game as well, didn't it?

Not saying Lego necessarily needs to go the remake route, but the early Lego Star Wars games certainly have gotten pretty dated, with most of the sets and minifigures featured in the game having been updated in the years since the original release. And if they decided to fully reimagine the game (rather than just remaking all the levels with updated models), they could probably integrate gameplay features from more recent Lego games like open worlds as well.

Not saying Lego necessarily needs to go the remake route, but the early Lego Star Wars games certainly have gotten pretty dated, with most of the sets and minifigures featured in the game having been updated in the years since the original release. And if they decided to fully reimagine the game (rather than just remaking all the levels with updated models), they could probably integrate gameplay features from more recent Lego games like open worlds as well.

I agree :thumbup: When you compare the Gameplay of Lego Star Wars III to the original game(s) there's a noticeable improvement in the structure of levels, the combat of the characters, the cutscenes. And one thing that the Star Wars games never did was integrate the actual voices of the characters in the game.

Another thing that should be considered, is that Lego Star Wars has a much larger fan base than it did in 2005, so the decision to remake the original game would be, if anything, a profitable one.

I wish a completely remade Star Wars game with 1 - 7, as TT have advanced so much since Lego Star Wars 1 and 2, and would completely change the game, unlike Indiana Jones 2 which only seemed to restructure the levels.

I wonder whether it would be better to create a game featuring 1–7, or whether creating a new game based on 1–6 (or even each trilogy individually) would suffice as a stopgap until they have a full new trilogy to work with. 1–7 gives them some highly desirable and obviously new content to sell the game based on, but then what would they do come 8? Rerelease the same game again, plus an additional episode's worth of levels? Combine 8 with some of the anthology movies that will be made in the interim, but which might not fit together with the new movie thematically or in terms of characters? It's a conundrum to be sure.

I almost wonder if perhaps they ought to follow a similar strategy to what they've done with the mobile version of The Complete Saga—selling episodes individually through microtransactions. With the huge number of new movies coming out in the near future, it might make more sense to sell new content as expansions to a larger game, instead of having to group them into some semblance of order. Perhaps they could create a new game based on 1–7 and sell that as the "core" game, and design it with the intention of expanding it with new content based on further episodes as the years go on.

Edited by Lyichir

I can't say much about 2016 but in 2017 I bet there will something involving LEGO Island sense it will of been 20 years of LEGO Video games!!

Edited by jhuyser

I can't say much about 2016 but in 2017 I bet there will something involving LEGO Island sense it will of been 20 years of LEGO Video games!!

I think if they bring back any old game franchise next year, it'll be LEGO Racers. It's about time for a LEGO Racers revival.

I am surprised we aren't seeing video game content that ties into "big bang" action themes like Nexo Knights.

I am surprised we aren't seeing video game content that ties into "big bang" action themes like Nexo Knights.

Nexo Knights has been getting mobile games, which is basically video games for phones and tablets

Well the summer slot has now been taken up by Star Wars The Force Awakens. Going to predict the fall slot is Lego Ghostbusters. Including the first 2 movies the new one and mayby dlc based off the animated show.

Well the summer slot has now been taken up by Star Wars The Force Awakens. Going to predict the fall slot is Lego Ghostbusters. Including the first 2 movies the new one and mayby dlc based off the animated show.

I'm still thinking it might be Harry Potter Years 1-7. With Fantastic Beasts coming in November, we might see sets based around that film, and I don't think they would want a repeat of The Hobbit game (where we never got the third film), so they'll probably hold off on a Fantastic Beasts game until all three films are released. It would be the perfect time to release a complete Harry Potter game to capitalize off the hype for the new film though.

Finn polybag exclusive to the ps4?! Oh, and it comes with a season pass as well.

Feeling so forced to upgrade my ps3 to a ps4...

I'm still thinking it might be Harry Potter Years 1-7. With Fantastic Beasts coming in November, we might see sets based around that film, and I don't think they would want a repeat of The Hobbit game (where we never got the third film), so they'll probably hold off on a Fantastic Beasts game until all three films are released. It would be the perfect time to release a complete Harry Potter game to capitalize off the hype for the new film though.

Fantastic Beasts is a spinoff of Harry Potter though, not Harry Potter itself.

Fantastic Beasts is a spinoff of Harry Potter though, not Harry Potter itself.

I know, but it's still set in the same universe, so the connection's there.

What about Lego Batman 4 for the Fall 2016 slot, since Traveler's Tales and WB Games love to release a brand new Lego Batman game after every Lego Marvel game, and it's been 2 years since Lego Batman 3

What about Lego Batman 4 for the Fall 2016 slot, since Traveler's Tales and WB Games love to release a brand new Lego Batman game after every Lego Marvel game, and it's been 2 years since Lego Batman 3

Shame there's little chance of them merging the two and making a LEGO Marvel VS DC game.

Probably a Lego justice league game. They would most likely go for a new title but same franchise.

If another Lego DC game happens it will most likely be based off the DCEU. Sorta like Lego Avengers. The main story would be based off Justice League with the solo movies getting 1 level.

I still think there's a high chance that we will get a new LEGO Harry Potter game. Imagne LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-7 with content from every book and film! That would be amazing! A must have for Potterheads! Also a lot of developers at TT Games are a fan of Doctor Who, but Harry Potter too! The chance is higher that we will get a HP game rather than a Ghostbusters game.

I think Doctor Who has a higher chance, in an interview from 2012, Arthur Parsons said he would love to make a LEGO Doctor Who game if LEGO ever got the License from BBC and they got it last year! So i think a LEGO Doctor Who game might come.

Both Doctor Who and HP/Fantastic Beasts have a high chance. Although if there's a Doctor Who game coming, how will they the make levels? Is it going to be a original storyline? Or one episode for each Doctor? :sceptic:

Both Doctor Who and HP/Fantastic Beasts have a high chance. Although if there's a Doctor Who game coming, how will they the make levels? Is it going to be a original storyline? Or one episode for each Doctor? :sceptic:

Hopefully an original storyline akin to LEGO Marvel Superheroes, with David Bradley, Reece Shearsmith, Tim Treloar, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, John Hurt, Christopher Eccleston (not going to happen but will say it anyway), David Tennant, Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi all providing voices.

My guess is a The Lego Batman Movie Videogame in 2017, almost a guaranteed I guess.