Sir Gareth

Doctor Who General Discussion

If LEGO Made Another Doctor Who Set...  

215 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. (After the Tenth) Which Doctor Would You Most Want?

• The Fourth Doctor - Tom Baker
    • The Eighth Doctor - Paul McGann
    • The War Doctor - John Hurt
    • The Ninth Doctor - Christopher Eccleston
  2. 2. Which of the Tenth Doctor's Companions Would You Want?

Loved the new episodes, really hope the show finds greater success than it has in recent years.

It is a difficult series to imagine builds for that Lego would do. But I want to try and answer that since in my time lurking Ive seen more focus on characters. Dalek Emperor, sure. Do a Dalek saucer the next wave. But if its more than one wave you have to keep doing Dalek stuff and... what else is there. Location-based sets are not too common without a hook. If Daleks keep being brickbuilt maybe the third year is a Dalek Battle Pack where they are the build, maybe with one of their floating platforms with the railguard they like to use even though they can fly.

Could probably pull the classic Superhero trick of making up vehicles for the Cybermen. A Cyber-tank could look quite cool really. And doing a giant Cyberman action figure is not even without precedent, at least one time a Cyberman was really big. You can do a "Darth Vader transformation" style set thats a cyber-conversion pod. Comes with 11 and when you reverse the head its the partly cyberformed one from Nightmare in Silver. Not necessarily based on that episode but allows you to create a scenario where The Doctor needs rescuing from it, or you could use any character and the Cyberman that comes with it (location set with a hook that also gives fans real things from the show). That set could even have Bill in it. And Lego already has the head mould so you can lean heavily on them, their iconic status, and their made up vehicles to keep the line going. Then if the line goes well it gets to make new monster moulds.

Clearest set in my mind would probably be the cheapest of the wave, a small facade of shop windows with an exploding feature for Autons to break out of. That one most of all I can picture in my head, that has to be a Lego set. Think of the TMNT 2012 Krang tube, or Scooby Doo's museum facade that a Mummy bursts out of.  Two Autons and a companion? And then that is basically an army builder with just enough of a premise for kids to buy a single one and play with it. If we would get any set without the Doctor is another thing but... that is how I would do it. You could make it two Autons and Nine instead, and Nine's outfit even works if buying multiples to stick some Auton heads on and diversify the looks. Aside from fear what I remember from "Rose" as a kid is the confusion that The Doctor wore pretty similar clothes to the villains of the episode (maybe thats how he got them? a first run-in before meeting Rose)

Tardis Exterior set, that ones small and takes longer to get discontinued if the line goes well. Ten and a companion for sure, this is the set you buy if you buy no other. Although, maybe Fourteen and Donna complimenting the Fifteenth Interior we are about to mention.

Tardis interior set, my most original idea. Classic ones could potentially be a smaller set, and once you retire the first one do another (say the original and then the wood console for two fairly unique versions of the same thing). Heck, even the current TARDIS, as big as that is, is mostly ramps. Make that a small set of the console, the Jukebox, and maybe a ramp to the door with a couple Roundels surrounding it. I say small, think the original Ideas set without the exterior build versus a Millenium Falcon. Then with Tennant being as popular as he is, if the line does well do a big coral TARDIS for the second year. I think Alexandria has the right idea including the Simms Master, Martha and Jack with that one. Short of Journeys End thats the coolest thing you could do and making it The Simms Master stealing the TARDIS with a Toclafane or two fits how I am approaching it based on my subjective understanding of how Lego works and what we enjoy about it and remember enjoying as a kid.

Bessie is one I would love as a fan but I feel needs something else to be a Lego set, something chasing it. Car chases might not be hugely Who, but chases in general are and also make for a fun set. Lego City has ten of those a year right? Big brickbuilt monster? I am blanking on possibilities there. But something the size of Ninjagos Dragon Hunter Hound, which is a small set for a big creature, plus Bessie. How big was the Werewolf in series 2? Maybe that. Werewolf chasing 3 and Brig and Missy is there too because I just remembered Missy and shes the most important character.

A certain ship appears in a trailer for the Christmas special which I think would make a great set with some fun monsters and action right at home in a Lego set already seen just in those few seconds, and I would expect more than one with Ncuti, we are all assuming its his stuff that is going to get us Lego sets if anything will. I also would not worry too much about not getting 11, 12 or Clara. The ideas set was so long ago I think even that console room is only delayed by doing more recent and more popular ones first.

Sorry this is long, got carried away.

So news of two new themes just dropped: 

Buffalo: 76780 (702 pieces) and 76781 (750 pieces) both 10+

Bright: 75681 (7+), 75682 (9+), 75683 (9+), 75684 (8+) 

Apparently both these new themes are based off tv/movie properties, so I thought I’d bring them up here since Doctor Who’s past with lego and the stated intention to grow the show’s merchandising has to put it on the shortlist of possibilities. 

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

This is supposedly for a Netflix show, so not DW. 

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

So news of two new themes just dropped: 

Bright: 75681 (7+), 75682 (9+), 75683 (9+), 75684 (8+) 

Apparently both these new themes are based off tv/movie properties, so I thought I’d bring them up here since Doctor Who’s past with lego and the stated intention to grow the show’s merchandising has to put it on the shortlist of possibilities. 

My hopes were raised like a balloon soaring through the stratosphere...

8 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

This is supposedly for a Netflix show, so not DW. 

....and then those hopes crashed worse than the Hindenburg.

(I have to stop opening this thread!)

On 1/23/2024 at 5:13 PM, Murdoch17 said:

My hopes were raised like a balloon soaring through the stratosphere...

....and then those hopes crashed worse than the Hindenburg.

(I have to stop opening this thread!)

Well, i am not surprised.  i keep my hopes as low as I cou.