Vodnik

[MOC] Imperial Troop Transport (SW Rebels)

This is the first time I post pics of any of my own Lego creations. To be honest I'm not good at it at all - I'm more a collector than a creator/designer. Anyway, I wasn't at all happy with the tiny ITT included in the 75078 an wanted to have a Lego built version of this vehicle, so building my own was the only option. I originally planned to use mostly parts from three 75078s I bought, but in the end most parts had to be sourced elsewhere... I started by building a "prototype" using various old bricks I had, then once I had a good idea what I want to achieve, I created a full design in LDD. Then I ordered from Bricklink all the required parts that were not in my collection already and the final result is below.

It's nothing particularly fancy or fully accurate, but I like it. I didn't try to make it exact minifig scale - just big enough to fit three figs in the cockpit and six troopers at sides.

21716106732_5d3e37ffa1_b.jpg

21716106602_278decde88_b.jpg

21736968951_1cb8692b71_b.jpg

21701560836_150de99f4d_b.jpg

21539681420_fb2a08e071_b.jpg

21539681550_fbc82b86f4_b.jpg

21106614803_69d58eed59_b.jpg

21106614603_b743c1baed_b.jpg

21701560616_eea0749c2f_b.jpg

21736968631_c223240f50_b.jpg

Mate, that's awesome! Clever the way you've kept close to source and got the 2 drivers in there + officer.

Do you have the LDD file? Cheers

There have been several mocs of this transporter so I can't say with confidence that this is the best one I have seen but it's certainly up there! Very nice, I like the white stripes - nice finishing detail.

I really like it. It's surprising how such a small vehicle can be made so differently by so many people, and yet still look really good! I like the simple but effective features of it too :)

Vodnik, 

I know this is pretty late considering when you originally posted, but would you happen to recall how you set up the front panel, with the lever as a gun? What throws me off is that its at a couple of different angles, not just flat horizontally and leaned back, does that make sense? 

Thanks! 

So probably part 14417 on the angled piece, attached to part 14418 in the wall? Thanks! 

Very nicely done, great job.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it frustrates me to no-end that this was never given a proper retail set and instead we got the ridiculously pathetic battle-pack version that is borderline microbuild scale. Even more so now that the Sandspeeder has been released; it'd be a lovely vintage Kenner-tribute companion to that set.

Releasing this would have made a lot more sense than that hideous Swiss Family Robinson Wookie gunship they released instead. I'm guessing the Rebels range is at an end now and it's a shame because it would have been a perfect line to both release and re-release so many Imperial ships like the Interceptor, the Defender etc. that would have sold like hotcakes alongside such a classic kids toy such as this that has nearly 40 years of Star Wars history. Instead they kept insisting on releasing daft things such as the aforementioned wooden Wookie plane, the treehouse-and-scaffolding update of an AT-TE and an ugly Imperial freighter featuring Christmas Cracker-gift TIE Fighters. I know the latter has at least been around since Episode 1, but it's hardly a fan-favourite.

The AT-DP and A-Wing Vs Vader's TIE sets are what the Rebels range should have consistently been. Sadly, they're the exceptions not the standards.

I truly hope no one at Lego is asking themselves *why* the Rebels range didn't take off. You only have to look at the ships featured in the show; the physical renditions of so much McQuarrie and Johnston concept art and the beloved history that they carry, and then look at what was released to do the maths.

5 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

*Literally a perfect description of the failings of the Rebels LEGO line*

PREACH. I’m fine with LEGO making poor decisions with the regular Star Wars line (I think we are all used to it by now), but the fact that they really let the Rebels line slip just kills me. Poor vehicle choices, lack of consistency, shoehorned minifigures, and hiked up prices left us with a line that didn’t quite appeal to children or adults. There were exceptions, such as the AT-DP and the A-Wing/TIE sets, but overall the line gave me mild nausea. And don’t even get me started on the missed opportunity to land more McQuarrie sets. The Star Wars Resistance line has a chance to get TV sets back to a good place (i.e. like the Clone Wars sets), but we’ll see.

And I really like this MOC. The white striping and sleek front are executed marvelously. Stay at it.

1 hour ago, Junior Shark said:

PREACH. I’m fine with LEGO making poor decisions with the regular Star Wars line (I think we are all used to it by now), but the fact that they really let the Rebels line slip just kills me. Poor vehicle choices, lack of consistency, shoehorned minifigures, and hiked up prices left us with a line that didn’t quite appeal to children or adults. There were exceptions, such as the AT-DP and the A-Wing/TIE sets, but overall the line gave me mild nausea. And don’t even get me started on the missed opportunity to land more McQuarrie sets. The Star Wars Resistance line has a chance to get TV sets back to a good place (i.e. like the Clone Wars sets), but we’ll see.

And I really like this MOC. The white striping and sleek front are executed marvelously. Stay at it.

Thank you, but sadly by mentioning the Clone Wars, you've just reminded me of one of my most frustrating absences from the Rebels line - an Imperial gunship to follow up the Coruscant police gunship from the Clone Wars. It not only appeals to the Clone Wars fans, but it's also an Imperial fleet-builder and it appeals to new fans of Rebels... surely it's an obvious choice alongside TIE Bombers, but nooo, we got a second version of The Phantom (why???) and an AT-TE that is nothing more than a wacky fan-mod downgrade of the old version (are there many kids out there who want a demilitarised rendition of a previously-released walker that's been turned into a treehouse?).