VBBN

Bionicle 2008 Images and Discussion

So the Toa Nuva sets are bad because they look nothing like themselves from 2002?

Personally, I think the Toa Nuva look waaaayyyyy better than the Makuta...

Some of you:

omgToaNuvasuxtheylooknothinglikethemselvesbutthemakuta'sroxcausetheylookgoodomg!!

Me:

Toa Nuva are actually better in terms of peices and set design... the Makuta look disgusting... And who the megabluck' cares if the Toa don't look like themselves?

-ZotS

So the Toa Nuva sets are bad because they look nothing like themselves from 2002?

Personally, I think the Toa Nuva look waaaayyyyy better than the Makuta...

Some of you:

omgToaNuvasuxtheylooknothinglikethemselvesbutthemakuta'sroxcausetheylookgoodomg!!

Me:

Toa Nuva are actually better in terms of peices and set design... the Makuta look disgusting... And who the megabluck' cares if the Toa don't look like themselves?

-ZotS

I myself dislike the new Nuva because they're constructed of entirely old pieces. We've had the same building instructions for three years now, and it's getting old. They're not worth my $10, because I already paid as much for them two years ago.

It would have been nice to have new pieces for the heroes most of us grew up with. It's not that the Toa Nuva don't look like themselves- they just look no different from every other Toa now. Which is a shame.

I wonder what the legal deal is though... ...the convenience store down the road from me has Bionicle ripoffs of Sidorak, Keetongu and ...and uh, the other titan from that wave lol. However, they retooled it so they're less take-apart, have a flashing eye and scream stuff like "Fire! Fire!".

Woah, do you have pictures? If you do, or could get some eventually, I'd really like to see them. I'm kinda really intrigued by bootlegs just like you... ;-)

Oh, and the new Mistika pictures prove (at least to me) that Bitil is the only half-decent desgin in the entire lot. The other two Makuta are crap, and Tahu seems to be the only toa that has a second weapon (onua doesn't and gali seems to just have some mirror-flashlight thingy.). :-X

The New york toy fair said the Mistika are spirits of mist... Strange.

Hello, Shine. :-P
Greetings, Ikki.

My fascistic self aside, the Makuta seem to have air powered launchers, similar to this.

*sigh*

still no toy fair pic...anyone got any idea how long till they (can/could be) up?

i'm still hoping for some matorans and rahi's..

*sigh*

It hasn't even started yet. We're getting the pics later today. Be patient...

-ZotS

i know, i know, i'm too impatient 8-|

how long till toy fair btw?

i think there should come new rahi's, swamp is a good theme for some rahi's, me thinks ^^

Edited by FlamingShadows

found amazingly clear pictures of the mistika from that catalogue!

toa nuva

makuta

don't like onua, but i NEED bitil!

can't wait for toyfair to see pictures of the sets themselves!!!

jaller2008

sweet, if you look relly closely to Hahlis weapon, it looks like some kind of future targeting system!

another thing is, wheres onuas head?

Well, I finally felt guilty about ghosting this topic for the last week or two and joined the forum.

Wow! clear pictures of the Mistika at last, and I thought it'd never happen! I have to say, I dislike the lack of resemblance and good weapons on the Toa Nuva, but this can be remedied, so I'm not going to avoid buying them. The tools appear to be the same level of face-slapping we got with Kopaka's bayonet.

The colors on the Toa Nuva are a little worrisome, though. I'm hoping all that is silver and not grey, but knowing my luck, I'm in for more grey pieces. On the other hand, the new Makuta look rather colorful, and I'm especially looking forward to the new white one.

I hope we get actual shots of the sets at Toy Fair, though.

Well, I finally felt guilty about ghosting this topic for the last week or two and joined the forum.

Wow! clear pictures of the Mistika at last, and I thought it'd never happen! I have to say, I dislike the lack of resemblance and good weapons on the Toa Nuva, but this can be remedied, so I'm not going to avoid buying them. The tools appear to be the same level of face-slapping we got with Kopaka's bayonet.

The colors on the Toa Nuva are a little worrisome, though. I'm hoping all that is silver and not grey, but knowing my luck, I'm in for more grey pieces. On the other hand, the new Makuta look rather colorful, and I'm especially looking forward to the new white one.

I hope we get actual shots of the sets at Toy Fair, though.

The idea is to underly each Makuta/Toa set with a seperate base color. For the Makuta, it's black. Unfortunately for the Nuva, it is grey.

Antroz = Antrozidae (Pallid bat)

Chirox = Chiroptera (Order of bats)

Coincidence? You decide! :-P

Yes. Like I said, you can always find connections if you look. I'm willing to bet I could find a species of bug that has a name similar to "Bohrok". There's just a lot of stuff out there; do you honestly believe that Greg looked up specific species of bat to find names, or he just chose the ones that seemed appropriate? I don't think he's that meticulous on the names.

Double Post for win.

Edited by InnerRayg

:-D Sorry, but they're way too similar for it to be a coincidence. What about the Barraki names? Av-Matoran? Titans and Warriors? That's a lot of coincidences, then...

It's probably either a case of

A. Someone else basing the names on real life stuff and not telling Greg

B. Greg having a poor memory

C. Greg *gasp* lying

Though I actually doubt the last one. But still, not coincidences.

Oh, and what about MISTika? Coincidence, too? :-P

-Ikk

Edited by Ikki o' Moopyville

Roflmao. I would laugh if their projectile ammo was green seaweed, or mutagen mutated Kraata or mutage mutated Shadow Leechs with three to four stinger-like flaps.

Green blobs of Jellyfish, Lego has finally lost it.

Krika has that classic Korahk vibe to her :)

SPIKEY GORAST FEET YAY

Huge wings for Bitil O.o

And you are right guys, the weapon IS Air-powered, if only this weapon was the Barraki's squid launcher =(

-Iggy

Edited by Kanohi Ignika

Yes. Like I said, you can always find connections if you look. I'm willing to bet I could find a species of bug that has a name similar to "Bohrok". There's just a lot of stuff out there; do you honestly believe that Greg looked up specific species of bat to find names, or he just chose the ones that seemed appropriate? I don't think he's that meticulous on the names.

Double Post for win.

Well, there is degree of similarity. You can find connections with any names you like, but some are much too obvious to be labeled as coincidences, IMO.

Considering the Barraki were meant to resemble sea creatures and all of their names have a striking resemblance to the names of the animals they're meant to represent, it's hard for me to believe Kalmah sounds like Calamari by chance. :-|

Woah, do you have pictures? If you do, or could get some eventually, I'd really like to see them. I'm kinda really intrigued by bootlegs just like you... ;-)

I would, but ...ugh. Lol, they're $9.99 EACH.

Maybe I can sneak my digicam in there at like 2AM... maybe.

For the life of me, I can't figure out exactly what they're saying, mostly because of the music in the store.

They start off yelling "Fire! Fire!" followed by gunshots and blasts, then end it with like "No more weapons stop firing" lol or something like that.

I took down the data from them, though I haven't searched online yet for any possible pics / references:

The front of the blister card says "MAX BATTLE".

The back has all 3 characters with the name "KAPAR".

It's from Mountanview (maybe Mountain View?) Marketing.

As said, they're being sold at a Turkey Hill convenience store, so it's entirely possible their sister stores "Wawa" might carry them as well.

Hey Bricksters, lookie what I found =)

INCREDIBLY CRAPPILY TAKEN PHOTOS OF THE MISTIKA FROM TOY FAIR! ZOMG!!!

AVERT YOUR EYES AND CLICK HERE NOW!

Return of the Bohrok Eyes, shield yourselves! The Toa have torpedos with fans? The Makuta have weird green missiles...

Woah... Gorast have gliders that look like, bug nets?! The Mistika Makuta have NECKS!!!

-Iggy

Edited by Kanohi Ignika

Gali looks dead.

No Reply to the others. They look - horrendous.

Is it just me, or do the prototypes look better?

<~Vash~>

Gali looks dead.

No Reply to the others. They look - horrendous.

Is it just me, or do the prototypes look better?

<~Vash~>

You have nooo idea how right you are...

Gorast looks the most, dare I say, "Promising" out of those three Makuta, EXCEPT his chest.

Gali is dead inside my friend, weep for her one last time... OMG, is that a BUG NET on her mask on the left side? Its Kopaka all over again!!!

-Iggy :'-(

Edited by Kanohi Ignika