VBBN

Bionicle 2008 Images and Discussion

Yeah, noticed that too. I thought that was rather cheap - how hard would it have been to make the Toa metru feet in grey, or use some other kind of grey foot piece? Because right now his feet look really weird on the totally grey and lime body. :hmpf_bad:

Conspiracy theory:

The people in charge of Bionicle had an unnatural love affair with jamming as many silver parts as possible into sets.

The line is about to be reformatted, and there was an abundance of silver feet stacked up to the roof of their warehouse.

So, slappity-slap-slap. Lewa T9.

I'll shut up now... :classic:

Seriously though, it is pretty damn weird. And non-aesthetic.

I think Bitil has too much silver, too. I wouldn't mind just his weapons, but his wings, feet, and thigh claws (which look pretty weird) are all silver. They should be yellow! The wings should be an easy (and expensive) fix with the yellow ones from the yellow Jetrax, but the feet and claws (actually, I'd just leave the claws off and replace with something else) don't come in yellow or solid black.

While I'm at it, all the Makuta Mistika are too skinny (but Krika looks okay).

In ways, yes. Realize though that the whole thing with "Rho" has spanned across at least 3 websites (Eurobricks, BZ amd In_the_Bricks).

Tempers regarding him are short and he's taking people he's pissed off with him.

I wouldn't even bring him up again, except I just wanted to make sure it's over, at least here and on In_the_Bricks.

BZ's stuck with him for the moment though. I'm told they've put up with this a year... which is confounding, as their hands are often more heavy.

But, the bulletproof vest he was wearing is off and his fate is now in his next actions.

We all got problems in life, we're all subject to human duality in our characters... every one of us is ugly SOMEWHERE. It's a cosmic trade-off of sorts and only a handful of humans ever escape it.

His "dark" side just happened to manifest itself on Lego messageboards. Who knows, after a personal revelation or two he might all of a sudden "get it" and turn out to be a fine community member in the future.

For now...

The end. (Okay?)

Let's get back to these expensive hunks of plastic we all love so much...

Don´t forget BS01. He´s bugged them quite a bit.

i dont like bs01 wiki

they have no right to call themsevles the best they dont even cover sets

No offense, mate, but you seem to bring up a lot of unfounded claims here -- Greg's lying, BS01's 'bestness', etc., all seemingly because you don't like the persons in question. It'd really help a lot if you'd be able to give some proof to back up the claims. :sceptic:

-Ikk

i would if i could be bothered to go to hell -er i mean bzpower yeah thats what i said bzpower, i cant be bothered to go to bzpooper :laugh:

:wink:

Then we certainly can't be bothered to believe you. :wink:

Aaaaaanyway... The more I look at the Mistika Makuta, the more I want them. :tongue: Sure, Bitil and Gorast need a bunch of modding, but they're plenty better than the Toa of this summer.

-Ikk

Then we certainly can't be bothered to believe you. :wink:

Weeell, I do remember quite a few years ago an admin telling me that Greg had said something that was totally not true, but man, we're talking years ago and a teeny tiny brain in my head.

Of course, it could also be that at that time Greg wasn't thought of as highly and used as a tool of disinformation.

Meh, whooo knooows. :wacko:

My Walmart here seems to not be going in any direction indicating new sets are coming in.

Shelf tags are still the same, Mahri and Phantoka are still in place with no discounts, no extra room's been made on the shelf... I hope I don't have to wait real long like I've had to with some of the other waves.

I don't think they even had the Hordika a week before they vanished. Old sets sat and sat, then were clearanced, Hordika arrived, vanished, then there was nothing for a LONG time. :wacko::wacko:

Pencoin Posted Today, 09:48 AM

i would if i could be bothered to go to hell -er i mean bzpower yeah thats what i said bzpower, i cant be bothered to go to bzpooper

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Calm down, you. I've felt burnt here and there by them too in the past, but there's more satisfaction in accurately describing why your opinion goes a certain way than in name-calling. ;)

(NOTE: The above works for most arguments in life.)

(NOTE: The above only works if you're absolutely right.)

Someone posted a Mazeka review on BZP (the site sucks, but there are a large number of people on there, so it is likely that a BZPer would find things like this before other people do). Anyway, it looks fantastic. The swamp walker is a very impressive piece of hardware.

Aaaah, man. No one has the Mistika anymore. The store that I went to that had them last week or whatever, apparently told me they were re-called. I told them to.... well I don't want to discuss that here. Point is, I got so pissed, I made a deal with my mother (unfortunately) so she can buy the Mistika (goddamn credit cards!). But then another problem arose. The security program had to be

re-newed, so we got the disc and uploaded it, then it screwed up the internet, so we took it off and don't have any security protection, and she's too afraid to give away any personal information now (URGH!).

But I will be getting them soon, hopefully.

~Makutasdarkslave

Aaaah, man. No one has the Mistika anymore. The store that I went to that had them last week or whatever, apparently told me they were re-called. I told them to.... well I don't want to discuss that here. Point is, I got so pissed, I made a deal with my mother (unfortunately) so she can buy the Mistika (goddamn credit cards!). But then another problem arose. The security program had to be

re-newed, so we got the disc and uploaded it, then it screwed up the internet, so we took it off and don't have any security protection, and she's too afraid to give away any personal information now (URGH!).

But I will be getting them soon, hopefully.

~Makutasdarkslave

I find it completely hilarious how kids come in here and cuss like sailors all the time....and besides no reason to get so uptight, some stores just aren't getting these things in. Many stores have a backed stock of items either from them not selling as well in that particular region or they ordered too many, the thing is there not going to put out anything new unless their old products are sold. My stores around here have gotten things in as early as 3 months and sometimes they didn't even get in the shipment for this years sets. It seems many of you have personal problems involving you buying sets.....well just deal with it and don't bicker so much here about it.

Personally to me knowing about these sets months before has dulled my anticipation, i've seen and heard what they're about for six months and now I go and buy them knowing fully what i'm getting. If I remember right, around late august to september is when we got winter 2007-2008 set info in......going on that im looking forward to seeing what next year has to offered.

Edited by LordGalewind

(the site sucks, but there are a large number of people on there, so it is likely that a BZPer would find things like this before other people do

Okay, this is getting really annoying. If you don't like BZP, fine - but unless you can explain why without just flaming, it's just immature, IMO. Jinzo certainly isn't a fan of the site, but at least he can say it in a mature way - and I respect that. If only more of you guys would follow his lead. :sadnew:

I find it completely hilarious how kids come in here and cuss like sailors all the time....

Yeah - it seems that just because the younger members can here, they start doing it as much as possible until it just makes their posts look silly. :wacko:

Oh, and for some reason I have yet to find any new sets in any walmart I go to - bionicle included. That makes me really mad - because the only place that hast them is TRU, and in american Toys R Us's the prices are crap. :thumbdown:

the shop says they were 'recalled'

y'know what happened :sceptic:

The Legos got turned into baby food? Toxic Baby food? Lead Baby food?

Sorry Grievous. I just dislike the silly amount of rules about what you can post. Is the name Teridax really such a big deal it had to be put in spoiler tags after it was revealed? But I guess you have to have those rules to rein in the 10000+ kids (who will be uninterested in Bionicle whenever some other thing captivates their feeble minds) who are running around the site. Sorry if i sounded like a (must resist urge to swear like a sailor) jerk.

Edited by Holy Diver

Woohoo, just got my Mistika, Krika and Tahu, and they rock. Krika is soo cool. The Nynrah's aren't very long distance projectiles, but they make a very satisfying "pop" every time you shoot one. Way cool. Also, they are very light, especially compared to the Midaks.

The actual sets are pretty sweet. In all the pictures, Krika looks really gangly. However, in hand he seems much fuller. The back legs are very different from the front... not too sure about that... but the staves are way cool and they are not flexible at all, more solid than other weapons actually. The new armor is very good, and I love the way it looks with his white hips. The main flaw is the arm that holds the nynrah... It makes the head very very wobbly. There is a simple fix to that however, I just don't want to do that right now.

Tahu is... Tahu. His arms and legs have a very striking resemblance to his old form, with thin upper segments and thicker lower segments. The jets are very cool, and Ilove the way the wings come out of the top ones. Very very cool. His spinning sheild doesn't spin quite as well as they make it seem... becasue of the way he holds it, the beg rubs against the joint every time it tries to spin. The mask is very neat... not very Tahu like, but still a good mask. The main flaw on Tahu would have to be either the sheild or the claws on his legs. They just out way to far, but they don't effect posability as much as I feared they would. Overall, Tahu seems to fit the character more, but certainly doesn't remind me of his old form (thankfully).

I would definately suggest these sets, they are very aesthetically pleasing, and have great articulation. These sets are much better than they appear to be, and are really fun. If for nothing else, get these sets for the great peices they have.

Sorry Grievous. I just dislike the silly amount of rules about what you can post. Is the name Teridax really such a big deal it had to be put in spoiler tags after it was revealed? But I guess you have to have those rules to rein in the 10000+ kids (who will be uninterested in Bionicle whenever some other thing captivates their feeble minds) who are running around the site. Sorry if i sounded like a (must resist urge to swear like a sailor) jerk.

Actually, the strict spoiler and leak policies have nothing to do with retaining tons of young kids. On the contrary - it all has to do with the fact that BZP has ties to the official lego company. They have Greg F as a member, one of their administrators is now webmaster of the official bionicle site, and BZP often gets special exclusive privilages to contests or bionicle info. Basically, if BZP started to post leaked images and show massive spoilers, they would lose all of that. :wink: