Sign in to follow this  
Electricsteam

Should I rebuild what I own?

Thinking about it now.... I have a ton of sets I took apart and I can't decide if I should rebuild some of the sets I own...

The list!

Two classic trains!

szf6IkW.png

2AoT57o.png

Some expert trains!

HPjVv9T.jpg

4lH4bzM.jpg

Jo0MfuX.jpg

All the rest!

F8NbElG.png

lciT7TT.jpg

FrYuoWX.png

Past me was dumb and took apart the sets :D

Anyways I have two EN's and two 111's the 112 is pretty complete apart from one missing wheel.

The classic trains are gonna be up to you. If you want them for nostalgic purposes, or just to say that you have them, go for it. I can't see the parts getting much use on modern setups except for maybe the wheels and the couplings. The Emerald Night and Lone Ranger are PF based steam engines, so making them 9V would be a bit difficult. The rest can pretty much go either way I believe, due to their designs. The Ghost train can be rebuilt to be compatible with tracks, since as-is it can't work with lego tracks.

I'd say the Ghost Train is a definitely, solely for the fact that it can be redesigned, on top of it having a unique look. The rest would be entirely up to you. If you like the designs, I'd say go for it.

Edited by HBVRaiden

definitely rebuild the expert trains, as they look nice on any layout, or just for display in general.

Edited by IronFish

If you want to display or play with them or you enjoy the building experience, then rebuild. Or send them to me and I can rebuild for you. :classic:

Edited by dr_spock

If you want to display or play with them or you enjoy the building experience, then rebuild. Or send them to me and I can rebuild for you. :classic:

Hah wait until I show you want I have to dig the bricks from :tongue: I have a very unorganized organization system

If that's the case, rebuild what you want. I'd focus on the Creator Expert and some of the PF trains, and then keep the rest for parts to build with. As for the organization, I can't imagine mine's any worse. 30,000 parts, all dumped in like 7 bins. It doesn't stop me from building.

If that's the case, rebuild what you want. I'd focus on the Creator Expert and some of the PF trains, and then keep the rest for parts to build with. As for the organization, I can't imagine mine's any worse. 30,000 parts, all dumped in like 7 bins. It doesn't stop me from building.

I have it vaugely color sorted into about 10-15 medium seized bins with a giant box for bionicle a larger box for tracks and 2 large tubs of NEED TO BE SORTED... (which will never happen)

(...) As for the organization, I can't imagine mine's any worse. 30,000 parts, all dumped in like 7 bins. It doesn't stop me from building.

I have it vaugely color sorted into about 10-15 medium seized bins with a giant box for bionicle a larger box for tracks and 2 large tubs of NEED TO BE SORTED... (which will never happen)

Digging through the bins is half the fun! (it also drives whoever else is in the house crazy but IDC >:)

Honestly, build what you want, keep the rest in bins. I had a couple Santa Fe cars strewn throughout my bins and it took forEVER to find those 2x1 bricks for the ends, but they look so good.