legomilk

Castle sets 2008/2009

Ah, ah, ah. You forgot the Giant Chess set. :grin:

:laugh: Yeah, but that thing's worth double the amount of a Dwarves' Mine :cry_sad:

Shouldn't this be in the front page news? Having it hidden here, will take at least a week for anyone to notice. I think it's silly to have them put 4 dwarves here since that would total the count to 12 figures instead of 9. There is a possibility that there could be 12 figures and 12 "mini sets" that go with the figures to equal the 24 gifts as stated on the box but that could only happen if dwarves don't really count as minifigs thereby canceling out "9 minifigures" on the box as well. Either way, all of the other six sets shown are sets on their own, it's strange to see the advent calendar "falsely" advertised in this sense. If I were a kid, I'd be disappointed I guess.....as I would be buying it at the store and figuring out by the pieces it's not what was shown on the magazine/net.

Shouldn't this be in the front page news? Having it hidden here, will take at least a week for anyone to notice. I think it's silly to have them put 4 dwarves here since that would total the count to 12 figures instead of 9. There is a possibility that there could be 12 figures and 12 "mini sets" that go with the figures to equal the 24 gifts as stated on the box but that could only happen if dwarves don't really count as minifigs thereby canceling out "9 minifigures" on the box as well.

Well it's not really news, a photographer messing something up and it going in a catalog. It wouldn't be 12 minifigs, they're expensive to produce and it's 2 more than any other Advent Calendar has had [the 2008 City one has 10, right?]. And personally I'd rather have more little things for the minifigures to play with than an extra soldier or black skellie - there are better sets for army building.

Okay, I thought we all had established the figures included in the Castle Advent Calendar were the ones included on the box.

You know, knight, soldier, dwarf, jester, maiden, witch, troll, skeleton, black skeleton. 9 minifigs, just as it says on the box. That also leaves room for 15 little things to go along with the figs. Again, I'm pretty sure the 4 extra dwarves in that pic (which are exactly the same as the Dwarves Mine ones) are jist for promotional purposes, to make the calendar look cooler and give it that extra castle-y feeling.

~Peace

Okay, I thought we all had established the figures included in the Castle Advent Calendar were the ones included on the box.

So did I. :hmpf:

All it takes is one misleading picture, and people are already jumping into conclusions...

I'm glad I can get my hands on this box of gems NEXT MONTH! Are you guys as excited as I am?! :grin:

I am very certain that the Castle Advent Calender's figures has more or less confirmed. By adding the 4 dwarves into it, certainly is an added promotional image to arouse buyers to purchase. Simply because, dwarves is the main attraction for this year's castle line. Having 4 more dwarves into the advent calender is not likely an option or possible for it to happen. Furthermore, Advent Calender always release each individual minifig only. For example in City Advent Calender, they will never place two policeman, two construction workers, two rail workers and etc. I believe the Advent logic apply the same. :wink:

So did I. :hmpf:

All it takes is one misleading picture, and people are already jumping into conclusions...

I'm glad I can get my hands on this box of gems NEXT MONTH! Are you guys as excited as I am?! :grin:

Next month? My God you're right.

Omigodomigodomigod... :grin:

~Peace

Next month? My God you're right.

Omigodomigodomigod... :grin:

~Peace

Will this advent calender be available at normal shops Eg. Big W Target Etc.?

Will this advent calender be available at normal shops Eg. Big W Target Etc.?

Um... I can only assume so...

I sure hope so though.

~Peace

Is ther an actual DAY when it comes out, or do we only know yet that it's september?

Well, I think it is released on the 16th of September.

As far as selling in Australia, I have emailed Aussie lego and they didn't know the set even existed yet (as it isn't released) so you will have to contact them after it is released to see if any chains are carrying it.

9 minifigs on!

Are you guys as excited as I am?! :grin:

No - apparently the one I ordered will be arriving in November. :sad:

As far as selling in Australia, I have emailed Aussie lego and they didn't know the set even existed yet (as it isn't released) so you will have to contact them after it is released to see if any chains are carrying it.

9 minifigs on!

I wonder about some of those lego staff employees :hmpf:

Anyway thanks, les than a month to go! :cry_happy:

No - apparently the one I ordered will be arriving in November. :sad:

Hey, at least we got the other Castle sets before them. :wink::grin:

~Peace

Hey, at least we got the other Castle sets before them. :wink::grin:

~Peace

Stalking you! :skull:

Nice new avvie iamded, sorry I haven't been round here a while, I'm STILL waiting on the sets. That said, I plan to visit the H&A a bit more now. Given my current spending rate though, it seems I'll have to let go of getting that Troll Battlewheel and Advent Calender sadly. I'm still planning on the rest though, that new brown is lovely as are those awesome Orcs! :wub:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Well, if you really like the new brown, I would recommend the Battle Wheel. It comes with 56 2x6 plates in dark brown. Also, it's a giant rolling troll war machine of doom. :laugh: Then again, the troll's attack tower is also very cool... hmm...

It's gutting you still don't have the sets in store, my ones by now are gathering dust on the display table. :sceptic:

~Peace

Well, if you really like the new brown, I would recommend the Battle Wheel. It comes with 56 2x6 plates in dark brown. Also, it's a giant rolling troll war machine of doom. :laugh: Then again, the troll's attack tower is also very cool... hmm...

It's gutting you still don't have the sets in store, my ones by now are gathering dust on the display table. :sceptic:

~Peace

Not to mention sticking two of them together makes a mean Mobile Devastator!

Not to mention sticking two of them together makes a mean Mobile Devastator!

That could be an idea for your Viking Force line, eh? :wink:

~Peace

I don't know about you, but I will actually stick to tradition and open the calendar when it's meant to be opened.

(I'll shield my eyes from pictures shown here on EB)

I don't know about you, but I will actually stick to tradition and open the calendar when it's meant to be opened.

(I'll shield my eyes from pictures shown here on EB)

It will be nice if someone posted a review of the Advent Calender. The user must include "Spoliers' warning". I know there are some people out there like Rancor love to do the Traditional way of building Advent Calender. :tongue:

~Peace

Very good point! I'll see how I go in terms of cash, as I don't want to spend too much of it. I do really love that dark brown though...

It is pretty gutting, you got the better deal in the long run my friend, and you'll pay! :tongue:

It will be nice if someone posted a review of the Advent Calender. The user must include "Spoliers' warning". I know there are some people out there like Rancor love to do the Traditional way of building Advent Calender. :tongue:

Definitely, I'd love to see a review of the calender as funnily enough that will decide if I but the Troll Wheel. Because if it is good enough I'll order it from S@h, but since the order price is high I might as well chuck in the Wheel to make it more worth it.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Ok, for my 100th post: here are three spoilers (from lego cache)

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Just to take a closer look at three of the figs and find out what comes with the dwarf.

Edited by The Cobra

Looks good to me though not much of the gimmicks are seen in the pics. But i'll buy this just onlx for this lovely maid :wub: Look how she's scared of the rat :cry_sad:

Ok, for my 100th post: here are three spoilers (from lego cache)

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Just to take a closer look at three of the figs and find out what comes with the dwarf.

I guess that means the maid will have two faces on her head like the princess from 7093.

Thanks for the cache pics, now tell us how you find them? :tongue: