Sign in to follow this  
Dannylonglegs

Blacktron Mafia: Sign-ups!

1) Tell me a brief summary of your Mafia experience, in poem form. A Free verse is fine. A Haiku will also do. You don't need to rhyme.

I got a bone to pick with the fellow with the knife

so Ima sneak up behind and end his life

and win the game, unless I die tonight!

I'm the Nuetral Night Killer, here me rawr

Imma kill the Hobo who sleeps by my door

He's got a letter, I think that it's mine

and when he delivers I'll shoot out his spine!

2) Will you be free to actively participate from now until whenever the heck this ends?

Highly Likely

3) What is your favorite Sci-Fi work?

It's a toss between Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and The Empire Strikes Back. I'd have to say Spock is my favorite Sci-Fi character, though.

4) "Solve the function:

5)

Hah, jokes on you. I like that.

1. Cherry blossoms fall

It’s the springtime of my soul

Until I get lynched

2. Yes, I will actually be pretty free this time around.

3. The fantastic book Red Rising by Pierce Brown. Hands down the best thing I’ve ever read.

My favorite Sci-Fi character would probably be Obi-Wan Kenobi from Star Wars. He’s just so cool.

4. :cry_sad:

5. ...

This is why we can’t have nice things :angry:

:tongue:

A long time ago

On a space ship in space

We lynched, we fought

We then solved the case

Cultists had been aboard

But we got them all dead

We drinked and laughed

We sleeped safely in bed

Later on I got a letter

I dressed as a clown

But it was too late

As I died facing down

I was revived

But I was a tree

We got chopped down

I was dead as could be

But it wasn't the end

I went back in time

So I could defend

But I chose the wrong path

I was corrupted

Got killed on night one

Yet I was a scummo

I couldn't have won

I am now here

Where else could I be?

In space once again

Yelling whoopee!

OK, that beats mine hands down. Great job :tongue:

Roses are red,

violets are blue,

I play mafia,

Always.

Rip-offs aren't allowed. Read CMP's post :angry::tongue:

Alright! Great turn out so far! I'm still looking for a few more players, but I plan to keep this open till late in the weekend at least, so we'very got time. :classic:

Also, some really awesome poetry, guys! :wub:

Trust not the shadows

But... in Shadows we trust... :look:

That good enough for you ??

That'll work! :grin:

See, I wasn't going to mafia again for a while but Blacktron!.....

Blacktron indeed!:grin:

3) You forgot games you ass. :cry_sad: Mass Effect forever.

[/Quote]

While I did initially forget, by the time you quoted me, I had included it! :laugh:

3) What is your favorite Sci-Fi work? Any media form is fine, from books, to films, to prematurely canceled television series, to video games, to radio shows, to cartoon television shows "for kids" and Anime, to songs.

[/Quote]

4) There is no 'question' in this statement. You just put a question mark at the end of a mathematical problem. Ergo, this so-called 'question' is invalid and this questionnaire cannot be logically completed. Q.E.D.

5) This is also not a question. I'm beginning to question the validity of this entire mafia game.

I said respond to my demands! :laugh: I'm beginning to question your ability to read! :poke:

Sorry, just Falls. :blush: Original post has been edited to reflect new preferences. :classic:

I highly advise Steven Universe. :wink: once you get like midway through it becomes really really good. My favorite character appears in Warp Tour. :look:

1) Tell me a brief summary of your Mafia experience, in poem form.

I played

That's deep.

I will participate, but participation comes at a cost, so no.

[/Quote]

Time is money.

3) What is your favorite Sci-Fi work?

Anne of Green Gables.

Additionally, what is your favorite sci-fi character?

Bert from Mary Poppins

Yes. Very good sci-fi, that.

Ah, I see! You said there were no clues in the pictures but you mentioned nothing about videos. I will be watching this 24x7 until the game ends!

Wise choice! There's actually a 24 hour loop version if you want the link! I can neither confirm nor deny that there are definitely hints in the educational video.

Jodorowsky's Dune ... But since this was never actually made, I'll say L'incal from Jodorowsky & Moebius. Méta-Baron (The Metabaron)

Tragic that! I love anything involving Giger, so I'm just so sad that his dune never happened. :sad:

Looks nice, unfortunately I won't be able to participate due to Mafia School requirements.

Good luck to everyone else though!

We're you "not passed" in a school? Cause I'll accept a few new players if they can demonstrate a knowledge of the game. If you'd like to siGn up, I can take you in, or keep you as a reserve if you'd prefer :classic:

Poem

[/Quote]

:laugh: beautiful!

Thank you so very much for my much needed daily dose of Quantum Mechanics. Really, I have learned so much in my two hours of research it was truly interesting.......I don't really want to solve the above equation right now.

[/Quote]

Glad I could, uh, teach you something. :laugh: thank JJP for that one!

3) I think I'd have to go with Alien(s). First or second movie. I really like the horror and Sci-Fi mix, especially the creature and set designs. Favorite character is tough...Zoidberg.

Objectively, these are good choices.

5) Eh, I'm at work. Maybe later.

You definitely should, it's worth it.

:laugh: Nice one!

I think I'll sit out this one. Things look to be getting busy next month, so don't want to commit. Of course, if you hand me a link to the dead writeboard, I can help to liven that place up. :grin:

Awwww, I had plans for tour death scene already. :sad:

poem

:laugh:

My favorite character is Prometheus.

Oh... :look:

Maaaaan. I do loves me some Blacktron! But I have to pass, 'cause time constraints.

As you wish, but feel free to watch! Blacktron is coming! :grin:

Bob

:wub: that's some plagiarism I will actively endorse! :grin:

Hah, jokes on you. I like that.

Same...

1. Cherry blossoms fall

It’s the springtime of my soul

Until I get lynched

I guess at that point it's more of a fall in your soul. :wink::laugh:

5. ...

This is why we can’t have nice things :angry:

:tongue:

I think you mean this is why we can have great things! :look::laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I'd love to play, but I'm unfortunately going to have to sit this one out. :sad: I'll be following along on the sidelines and posting my support in the C&D thread! So happy to see Danny (and JJP as well!) hosting a game finally! :laugh::poke:

Ok, I'm still looking for 3 to 4 more players. :classic: I will take some new players if they can demonstrate a knowledge of the game.

Hopefully, if we meet the player quota, we can close this thread before the weekend ends. :classic:

I'd love to play, but I'm unfortunately going to have to sit this one out. :sad: I'll be following along on the sidelines and posting my support in the C&D thread! So happy to see Danny (and JJP as well!) hosting a game finally! :laugh::poke:

:cry_sad:

Thanks! Hopefully you'll get a spot in my next game if this one goes well, or vice versa! :grin:

I wish I could play, but I've finally started college... Sorry.

Good luck! :wink:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Ok, I'm still looking for 3 to 4 more players. :classic: I will take some new players if they can demonstrate a knowledge of the game.

Would you accept me even though I haven't passed mafia school? I'm familiar with the rules of mafia and have played before on other forums.

Edited by Xenophobic Monoxide

Would you accept me even though I haven't passed mafia school? I'm familiar with the rules of mafia and have played before on other forums.

The only thing that would make me hesitant is if you "Failed" a Mafia school. :classic: then I'd probably ask Draggy first, since there are rules about that. :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

The only thing that would make me hesitant is if you "Failed" a Mafia school. :classic: then I'd probably ask Draggy first, since there are rules about that. :classic:

Yes, I did fail two mafia schools. First time they picked me for a day one lynch (although my assigned character kinda screwed me up there), second time it was the last day of the mafia and the host said I "didn't try hard enough to defend myself". In retrospect, he was probably right, and I deserved to be turned down, but at that point it was really between me and another guy and the game was pretty much over.

Yes, I did fail two mafia schools. First time they picked me for a day one lynch (although my assigned character kinda screwed me up there), second time it was the last day of the mafia and the host said I "didn't try hard enough to defend myself". In retrospect, he was probably right, and I deserved to be turned down, but at that point it was really between me and another guy and the game was pretty much over.

Well, if you've played 2 games already, then I'm sure you know what you're doing. I'll ask Draggy what he thinks, but you can certainly apply. :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

There was more to it than not trying to defend yourself. Remember that you said you didn't bother playing since you were vanilla town, which totally went against the spirit of the game. I hope you have a better attitude toward the game regardless of the role if you play again :wink:

There was more to it than not trying to defend yourself. Remember that you said you didn't bother playing since you were vanilla town, which totally went against the spirit of the game. I hope you have a better attitude toward the game regardless of the role if you play again :wink:

I don't remember saying that, but your're probably right. I remember putting a lot of effort into that game (at least early on, although I didn't post a whole lot), and I might have just said that because I was angry at not passing.

And thank you for the kind words! My mafia experience has certainly changed since then.

I got a bone to pick with the fellow with the knife

so Ima sneak up behind and end his life

and win the game, unless I die tonight!

I'm the Nuetral Night Killer, here me rawr

Imma kill the Hobo who sleeps by my door

He's got a letter, I think that it's mine

and when he delivers I'll shoot out his spine!

Bob, da gangsta man! :wub:

Awwww, I had plans for tour death scene already. :sad:

Too bad I'm going to miss it. :look:

1)

This little piggie went to high school

before the intergalactic net was invented

ruled mafia in lunch time cameos

until he died

Again and

Again and

Agaaaain!

2)

Yes, sir! Prepare ship-- Prepare ship for ludicrous speed! Fasten all seat belts, seal all entrances and exits, close all shops in the mall! Cancel the three ring circus! Secure all animals in the zoo--

3)

Paranoia RPG, Neuromancer, UFO - Enemy Unknown, Fallout 3+New Vegas, any low budget Australian daytime sci fi series for youths... Favorite Sci Fi characters: Tex Murphy, Spider Jerusalem, Hector Sevadac (off on a comet), generally antiheroes.

4)

as 42

5)

...No, you didn't....

To clarify point 1, I have not played mafia on the forum, and not familiar with the BB-code or what you call it. I only know how the concept works, and have followed Ragnarok 3 throughout.

I don't remember saying that, but your're probably right. I remember putting a lot of effort into that game (at least early on, although I didn't post a whole lot), and I might have just said that because I was angry at not passing.

And thank you for the kind words! My mafia experience has certainly changed since then.

I've officially put in a word (through PM) of support for you participating in this game, but I don't think details should be swept under the carpet. There was a concerning issue there, and I needed to make a statement when I read it. You can review it again if you want: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=101898&st=25#entry2044254

Please keep in mind, it was a problem. Not a bannable offence, not a blacklisting. Simply an issue that had to be addressed. I, and all the mafia hosts at EB, want games to be inclusive, and you and everybody else are invited to play. We want you to play :drunk:

Bob, da gangsta man! :wub:

Those poems speak to me on a personal level. :look::laugh:

Too bad I'm going to miss it. :look:

I'll just give it to someone else! :tongue:

To clarify point 1, I have not played mafia on the forum, and not familiar with the BB-code or what you call it. I only know how the concept works, and have followed Ragnarok 3 throughout.

Were you able to understand what was going on in Ragnarok? I saw you watching it from time to time. Forum based Mafia is a bit different than highschool lunch table based mafia.

Here's a good resource for first timers to Eurobrick's Mafia community, and here is a less cohesive, but more aesthetically pleasing guide to a few of the roles one may encounter therein.

This is not a school game, so I will give priority to those who have passed a Mafia school, or those who have been playing since before mafia schools were mandated and never had to play one (many did regardless :tongue: ), but your application has been noted. For those who have not yet played or passed, I will keep an extra eye out for, and try to be as helpful as possible in regards to making your first (ish) game of Mafia here a good experience, so feel free to ask me questions if you get confused. :classic:

I've officially put in a word (through PM) of support for you participating in this game, but I don't think details should be swept under the carpet. There was a concerning issue there, and I needed to make a statement when I read it. You can review it again if you want: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=101898&st=25#entry2044254

Please keep in mind, it was a problem. Not a bannable offence, not a blacklisting. Simply an issue that had to be addressed. I, and all the mafia hosts at EB, want games to be inclusive, and you and everybody else are invited to play. We want you to play :drunk:

I can confirm this. Xenophobic Monoxide, you are free to sign up. No promises that you will get in, as I will give priority to those who have passed, but assuming we're still a player or two short by the time sign-ups close, then you're welcome to join. :classic:

Sign-ups will end in about 24 hours.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

1) Tell me a brief summary of your Mafia experience, in poem form. A Free verse is fine. A Haiku will also do. You don't need to rhyme.

My Mafia experience, in haiku:

Play Mafia School

Act suspicious on day one

First lynch of the game

2) Will you be free to actively participate from now until whenever the heck this ends?

Yes.

3) What is your favorite Sci-Fi work? Any media form is fine, from books, to films, to prematurely canceled television series, to video games, to radio shows, to cartoon television shows "for kids" and Anime, to songs. Additionally, what is your favorite sci-fi character? This needn't be from the same selection as your previous answer. If you even mention "Prometheus" or any of the "characters" therein, you will be disqualified. Not really, but I will seriously judge you.

Favorite sci-fi work: I guess Godzilla doesn't really count, so I'm gonna roll with Warhammer 40,000. Seriously impressive stuff right there.

Favorite sci-fi character: Me when the game starts I like Doctor Who and I'm not ashamed.

4) "Solve the function: 75ef808ad24f456b5c32a34ea448cdfe.png for N=4, with r being the third root of i"? ~JJP

Whatever the last guy said... he's probably right.

5) Watch this brief

Sorry Danny, but that link stays blue.

Thanks for letting me sign-up!

snip

Link doesn't show as blue for me... kinda a purple colour... :look:

Out of curiosity, which Doctor is your favorite...

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Link doesn't show as blue for me... kinda a purple colour... :look:

Your computer remembers what links you've clicked, and in most cases will change them to purple, to indicate you've clicked that link before.

Out of curiosity, which Doctor is your favorite...

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I haven't finished the show yet (still on the Third Doctor so no spoilers please), but so far I like the Second Doctor. They're all really good though.

And as for your first question, I would answer but Lind already answered..

I haven't finished the show yet (still on the Third Doctor so no spoilers please), but so far I like the Second Doctor. They're all really good though.

Spoiler:

He's going to regenerate. :tongue:

Your computer remembers what links you've clicked, and in most cases will change them to purple, to indicate you've clicked that link before.

I know how links work. :laugh: My humour is as dry as the gin in my gin and tonic. :tongue:

And as for your first question, I would answer but Lind already answered..

Oh... so you haven't even gotten to the new series yet... :look: *scribbles something out*

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

... *scribbles something out*

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Ooh - if you're still working on character names, would it be too late to add Rimmer to my list of favorite characters?

*If 'tis, then no problem.