[M - D04] Beautiful Isolation

Tags: Spaceship

These events take place 8 days after My Cat C Entry

Onboard the MSS Titan in High Orbit over Terrial Minor

....whhrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Moose: "Hey! move it trash bot!"

DSCF5158_zpstyw8hrgw.jpg

JanDroidTM 200: "bebleboopbeep!"

Moose: "Don't look at me like that, it's been a long day.... Could you let me past please?"

DSCF5168_zpsyuqkq7sd.jpg

Moose: "Home at last!"

DSCF5160_zpsotdqjmqz.jpg

.....fsssshht.....

Alvin: "zzzzzzzz.....Dr. Long.....zzzzzz.....for me?.....zzzzz..."

Moose: "Hey Alvin! Rise and shine buddy."

Alvin: "Gahh, but I was having the most wonderful dream..."

DSCF5145_zps3ewimwqf.jpg

Moose: "The Octan one again?"

Alvin: "Yeah, but this time she was 100ft tall"

Moose: "Dude, you need help.....Anyway it's my quittin' time so it's your startin' time!"

Alvin: "Yeah yeah, anything out there?"

Moose: "Nope, all quiet so far"

Alvin: "I hope it stays that way. Catch you in 8 hours."

Moose: "See you later."

DSCF5146_zpsdjgu5rnd.jpg

Moose: "Begin Personal log."

Computer: "Recording..."

DSCF5139_zps9wa8dpb9.jpg

Moose: "Day 7 at Readiness Bravo, at least I think its day 7. I can never quite get my head round the relativistic effect involved in GATE travel and we had to take the long way from Sorn to avoid worrying Kawashita at Marphacia and Aeristus. 7 Jumps in total, with a combat patrol at each whilst the GATE drive recharged. Although Terrial Minor is nominally claimed by Kawashita they don't seem to be showing any interest in the Titan. Perhaps they realise why the Titan is really here; to prepare for whatever is coming from the core. Command don't want to leave the first line of defence to another corporation, not when all the worlds rimward of here are ours. The 8 hour Ready Bravo shift cycle keeps at least on flight of drones on patrol at any time and also really messes with my natural sleep cycle. The upside though, is that I actually get some time to myself. Ok its not like the Titan is bulging with things to do but the pilot quarters are vastly superior to my previous postings; we have an actual window....."

DSCF5138_zpsnoriwwjh.jpg

Moose: "...and our own en-suite OmniCleenTM...."

(and I do mean omni...)

DSCF5137_zps5eltopbl.jpg

Moose: "....My favourite part however, is the adjustable grav plating. There's something extremely relaxing about turning down the lights and gravity and just floating by the window looking down at the planet. Beautiful isolation...."

DSCF5154_zps8ji4n149.jpg

Moose: "....maybe this neural drone flying is getting to me."

.....fsssshht.....

Moose: "Ooompph!"

DSCF5155_zpsbepburk9.jpg

Alvin: "Hey Moose, forgot my mess deck credits.....why are you on the floor?"

Moose: "End Recording"

Computer: "Record End"

A bit of a longer post this double week (and two builds for the price of one!). I'm attempting to bring a more persistent storyline to my builds rather than the sporadic "go here, do this" nature of my earlier builds. I also wanted to explore a bit more of the ship that Challenge 2 inspired me to create (sorry there wont be a Cat-B of the Titan - I don't have that many bricks) and will probably continue to reveal more of the ship's interior spaces in future builds.

I also envision GATE travel to be more like the K-F drives of the Battletech universe which require the ship to be at a Lagrange Point (or in Andromeda an gravitational anomaly) rather than the "punch it Chewie" style hyperdrives of the Star Wars universe.

A couple of build shots: The corridor and JanDroid:

DSCF5161_zpsmd03qdws.jpg

DSCF5164_zpsnrajyzds.jpg

The crew quarters:

DSCF5143_zpslhgq04c0.jpg

The 'planet' is the Palantir from the Orthanc LOTR set and for the horizontal shots was jammed onto a Viking horn. For the lit planet shots the whole scene was lying on its back (and I switched the LOTR part for a Bionicle sphere which gave better lighting effects).

DSCF5156_zps8duziic9.jpg

Unfortunately the other 'stars' were too bright if illuminated and overpowered the scene.

Innovative lighting effects, used well here :thumbup: I really like that JanDroid, too.

I always thought of the gates in the same way, that you needed a special way to activate them but that they themselves were had a fixed location. Now that I think of it, it reminds me of the Mighty Max cartoons I used to watch as a kid.

I did the same with my fig and eventually settled on a story, but now that I have the story all laid out I want to break from it and do something more random (!). Of course, I haven't posted a regular build in weeks so it doesn't much matter :sceptic:

Once again, great job here for M.A.N.T.I.S. :classic:

Edited by rodiziorobs

Ha, ha, nice build and cool little trash bot, Moose, great job detailing the interior of the ship!