Sign in to follow this  
Kodan Black

[O - F08] - The White Zone

Tags: Science, Octan, Civil, Land Vehicle

// PERSONAL DIARY //

My droid from last week found ... something. It had sent back images from an area we had dubbed "the white zone" that our analysts looked over but they weren't sure what they were even seeing. So Dr. Long decided to send me out to have a look at it. It was clearly technology, but from whom and for what purpose?

I found ED-208 and told him we had a mission from Dr. Long. I showed him the pictures and he said it looked like a trap of some sort and that we should just blow it up from orbit. I told him that we needed to better understand what it was and who put it there so the two of us were going to check it out. He said: "Just the two of us? To check out some random technological thing in the middle of nowhere? Surely you can't be serious." I told him that I was entirely serious and that I was a bit insulted he would call me Shirley.

Before we left Dr. Long sent us a nice message saying: "I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you." Encouragement like that is what makes her clearly one of the best. Filling her people with the confidence to do a good job, knowing she has our best interest at heart.

We drove out to the mystery thing and discovered something very odd. It was some sort of small electronics shack made up of parts from Octan, Kawashita, and Mantis. I could recognize bits from all 3 corporations and it seemed to be set up to pull in any signals any of the corporations sent and since it had our equipment it was able to gather even encrypted signals. Since it had parts from all 3 corporations it either was created by someone else or a corporation trying to cover their tracks. ED-208 seemed very nervous and insisted that there were "bad signs".

20343567295_686922b2ab_c.jpg

20156919999_4d51ea7d89_c.jpg

ED-208 scanned the equipment information and we called in to corporate for instructions. They told us to return to the Axle for now and that they would handle things. I'm not sure exactly what that meant but ED-208 commented that those "smug flowers would get what they had coming." I guess the building did look a bit like a flower.

Extra pics:

20317305786_bdfe168aa7_c.jpg

20155530568_61ac3fee3d_c.jpg

Bonus, bonus, bonus!!! Anyone referencing Airplane in their scene automatically wins my heart, really made my day, thank you! The scene is really nice, and that little buggy is great for such a small vehicle. Well done!

Really cool structure! I love the cryptic comment your Etzel-esque over-kill robot always makes! :laugh: of course Dr. Long has your best interests at heart! Or... someone's best interests. Someone's best interests are definitely at her heart. Definitely. :tongue:

~Insectoid Aristocrat