erinyay

I may live in Indiana but that doesn't mean "Hoosier" is e

...that doesn't mean "Hoosier is even a word!

Hi, all!

My little girls (almost-4 and 5.5) have gotten old enough to both follow directions and not put everything under the sun in their mouths, so I just came out of a 20+-year dark age into the enlightenment that is modern LEGO. My girls are big into Friends sets, much to my mixed-pleasure, as the sets are so detailed and very playable, but (for my tastes) far too "yay shopping," so my primary focus as a builder-of-worlds has been to modify their sets into study, playable, less-consumerist-focused modulars.

So far this forum has been an invaluable resource for learning the tricks of the trade, and thanks to Eurobricks, Bricklink, LDD and LDDManager, I've been able to throw together a few Friends-y modulars (special thanks to Kristel's inspirational plans) for fun and practice before I dive into the bigger Creator sets, and am currently finishing up a mod of the Heartlake Shopping Mall for our city the girls allowed me to name Sudden Valley (the name should make you think of salad dressing while not wanting any of it ;) ), which started with the simple addition of stickers (Frozen stickers, because it is a federal requirement to own as many pieces of Frozen-merchandise as possible when you also own young daughters) over the words "shopping mall."

18886782284_18813191d7_c.jpgSudden Valley, Main Street by Erin Fogg, on Flickr

Thanks so much for having such a great, welcoming community! I look forward to my membership here!

Edited to finish the... hilarious... joke in the title.

Edited by erinyay

Welcome! I refuse to be labeled a Hoosier until they decide what it means ;)

Friends is fun! I would get more of those sets...except that they're not as versatile and I don't want to mix them into my "regular" LEGO.