Sign in to follow this  
Reekardoo

Phantasy realms - Ambush at the Norddern (Northern) Tower

My latest MOC.

And by request put also in ideas - https://ideas.lego.com/projects/107719

Hope you like it.

I meant it to be as an official set so no huge details and megalomaniac stuff. Playability, fun simple build, sturdy and cool minifigs.

Your imagination is to do the rest but you can use Phantasy Realms' lore too :D

1976261-o_19p7tcafpscq1ds91bfoa7q7rce-full.jpg

The set

This set would portray the ruined ancient norhtern tower. Norddern is the word used in phantasy realms to determine the north cardinal point. These towers once populated the northern realms that formed a great empire. Most of the them did not withstand the tides of time and fell to ruin.

The Story

The Paladin Order, were given lands as a reward for their services in the North by Princess Sylvia.

Under her rule the Paladins began rebuilding and populating the Norddern wastelands. But they were tricked for those lands had been abandoned for a good reason. Those were the lands of snow and ice creatures that did not look pleased uppon the breaking of ancient magical borders.

Will the Paladins survive to seek out Princess Sylvia and demans explanantions? Or will the magical snow creatures prevail leaving the Paladins to be only a footnote in Phantasy Realms history?

Hope you like it (let me know) and if by any chance you wanna see this happen, go by its page in ideas.

Cheers

Edited by Reekardoo

Nice LDD moc :thumbup: I see you did your best to keep the piece count down, especially with the central tower. I like the architecture, the elvish yet arctic vibe.

However, if you look at from TLG perspective, the same vibe can be created with half of the piece count. I (note that I am no authority!) fear you should revise the whole thing:

- maintain the level of detail, but only three gates with stairs, hinged together for better accesability

- keep two soldiers and two snow creatures (no SW bigfig)

- add something that shoots, TLG loves that :wink:

As a moc, I really like it, but as a set, I think you've got some work to do.

Yep, you're right.

I did forget to incorporate those small catapults.

As for piece count, I can even go half the way and make it simpler. But too simple also isn't easy on the eye and that might reflect poorly on consumers. To compensate that I incorporated more figs. Of course an ideal LEGO set would have less but as a one of a kind ideas set that can be bent should the set incorporate enough bricks to make the ratio piece/price interesting for TLG.

I have mentioned this before: these are meant to be ruins yet I only removed the roof so you can pretty much cut that in half and remove thos lingot tiles. I can narrow this down to 200 bricks tops. But the feel would not be the same... unless I'd make it modular :D There is also another option not explored but thought... that is to make use of the hollow base struture to make the set hinged and by opening in half you'd gain acces to a treasure of some sort. Feasible.

Thanks for commenting :D

Edited by Reekardoo

I have no experience with lego ideas or what TLG thinks, but i like the MOC

I have no experience with lego ideas or what TLG thinks, but i like the MOC

And that by itself makes me most happy :D

Awesome MOC. I see I'm not the only one who had the idea to incorporate the Yeti minifigures into a castle/fantasy setting.

Lovely work! Definitely looks like it could be a set; simple but lovely. Love the tower especially, great work!