I usually stay within the Town forum, however this truck that I am presenting to you today belongs in Sci-Fi. I used the Lego City 7213 Off-Road Firetruck and Fireboat as a base, and based it off of a Tatra T815 8x8 truck.

18 days after incident:

Our gas was running low and we were nearly out of options. If we didn't find a new set of wheels or some fuel soon, we would never make it through the Sierra Nevadas safely. Chet suggested that we hit up a logging camp not to far away. The sun was just rising over the landscape when we arrived. In the far back of the camp, surrounded by looming cranes and harvesting equipment sat our salvation: a partially rusted 8x8 semi; it still had all of its wheels, and we were able to siphon enough diesel fuel from the nearby tractors to fill six jerrycans. Having reacquired transportation, we left our homes behind and headed towards the East Coast, or what was left of it.

16677698401_165facbcdc_z.jpgFinding the Technical by Ryn Labrie, on Flickr

That was three months ago. So much has been going on that I haven't had time write up a proper report. Our small band of marauders has made good use of the truck we found in those mountains. We've armored it, weaponized it, and turned it in to a fighting vehicle that spits bullets like they're going out of style. Other survivors and bandits have smartly kept away from us as we roam about, looking for supplies and staying alive.

16679051925_8f7943e09c_z.jpgMidnight Riders Technical Front Quarter by Ryn Labrie, on Flickr

When we came across the smoking ruins of the largest survivor compound in the New Mexico Badlands, we gained the bulldozer blade from their barricade, and the stereo speaker. Johnny had the great idea of mounting the speaker to the roof, so we could "play some Wagner and freak the heck out of the locals." (a cookie to the person who names this reference)

16491639960_692da4fe4d_z.jpgMidnight Riders Technical Front by Ryn Labrie, on Flickr

The current armament of our ramshackle fighting truck consists of a pair of Browning M2A2 machine guns, a MK19 grenade launcher, an M1919 with Cobray 37mm flare launcher, a M60, a M134D minigun, a triple M16 turret, and last but not least, a Common Remotely Operated Weapons System (CROWS) fitted with another M2 machine gun. The .50 cals and the Mk19 came from a National Guard convoy, the minigun was found on a helicopter crash, and the other weapons were found on the road.

16491642600_b3b5cb68ae_z.jpgMidnight Riders Technical Back Quarter by Ryn Labrie, on Flickr

Also worth noting are the Hiab/Palfinger folding crane with manbasket and all of the spotlights that we've attached to our truck; we don't want any sneaky buggers tying to sabotage us at night. To keep the lights working, we have 10 car batteries mounted beneath the cargo area.

16471760857_782ac71321_z.jpgMidnight Riders Technical Palfinger Crane by Ryn Labrie, on Flickr

I am including a "family picture" with this message. From left to right: Frank, Jaeger, Pops, Johnny, Ross, Archer (me), and Chet. A pair of local yokels took it for us before we left the Idaho territory. I will send out another message when I have time. This is 1st Sargent Archer, signing off.

16653087066_fed34fa3b9_z.jpgMidnight Riders Family Photo by Ryn Labrie, on Flickr

C&C Greatly appreciated and as always, thanks for viewing!

Nice! This is giving off that Mad Max vibe! I really like the barb wire on the side and the whole look of the front of the truck. :classic:

Edited by Lady K

As a newbie I'm curious what LEGO sets give you barbed wire? (or is it custom?) Sweet post apoc truck btw :classic:

Thanks for all of the kind comments.

As a newbie I'm curious what LEGO sets give you barbed wire? (or is it custom?) Sweet post apoc truck btw :classic:

The barbed wire is actually a part from the Mega Bloks Call of Duty sets. I have found that some of those parts, despite their origins, are quite useful.

Edited by Ryn Labrie

Thanks for all of the kind comments.

The barbed wire is actually a part from the Mega Bloks Call of Duty sets. I have found that some of those parts, despite their origins, are quite useful.

I see, I would agree with that, I just don't like it when I see Mega Bloks sets (or MOC's) that use very few big massive pieces akin to BURP's.

I see, I would agree with that, I just don't like it when I see Mega Bloks sets (or MOC's) that use very few big massive pieces akin to BURP's.

Eh. To each his/her own. If I decide to rework my model, I will see about getting some TLG barbed wire rings, and brick-building the sandbags.

Well I heard that MB has been using more smaller pieces in their more recent products so that's nice, haven't checked on it myself yet though.