just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Awesome thank you Angelofvengeanceazrael7

Nice. I am most excited for red hood. As many have said, this is gunna be an expensive year for us Lego collectors. I am hoping delta customs is legit and we are getting Ras and Talia later this year. Exciting times!

wait what? we are getting Ra's al Ghul? :wub:

Maybe the farmer is Farmer Brown from BTAS,the guy who sends giant animals to attack Gotham. But probably not.

Maybe the farmer is Farmer Brown from BTAS,the guy who sends giant animals to attack Gotham. But probably not.

That would be amazing, but I doubt it would happen.

A lot of complaining about a lack of Batman in the sewer set when people were huffing and puffing about him being put in every other 2015 set.

...Croc sewer set sounds cool, at least based on the figures. Don't care a lot about Croc, bigfig or not, but Red Hood, Katana, and Boomerang in one set sounds good to me. Love the Squad tie-in, especially coupled with the Gotham City Cycle Chase.

I love Scarecrow as a character, but I'm not a fan of his old Lego design, nor do I care for Killer Moth. Scarecrow's design may be what makes or breaks the set for me. A hood and raggedy coat, Arkham-Knight-style, would be much more preferable to me than the old witch hat and tunic design.

My 2 cents.

I agree with your thoughts on Scarecrow there Deadshot, an Arkham Knight variant would be cool, but I doubt they'd do it. It's require a waistcoat, a lot of printing as well as arm printing to make it look good.

A lot of complaining about a lack of Batman in the sewer set when people were huffing and puffing about him being put in every other 2015 set.

Oh I wasn't complaining! I'm glad they're branching out! Just thought it was odd to have the Batman characters but no Batman...

WOAH WOAH WOAH Are we getting the HAZBAT SUIT *oh2*

Edited by Ashnflash

I agree with your thoughts on Scarecrow there Deadshot, an Arkham Knight variant would be cool, but I doubt they'd do it. It's require a waistcoat, a lot of printing as well as arm printing to make it look good.

At that pricepoint, I wouldn't say it's unreasonable.

I didn't expect Deadshot to have arm printing, and that's a much cheaper set.

All I'm thinking is, making a 60-70 dollar/pound set with recycled designs (Especially for the main villain) would be a big turn-off for a lot of buyers.

Unless they're expecting Killer Moth or a gas-mask Batman (I'm expecting a Batman with a rebreather printed on one side of his head, like the Deep Sea Manta Strike's Batman) to be a big draw, helping you get over an old Scarecrow variant.

Oh I wasn't complaining! I'm glad they're branching out! Just thought it was odd to have the Batman characters but no Batman...

WOAH WOAH WOAH Are we getting the HAZBAT SUIT *oh2*

It's possible, though it could just be the same Batman as in the Black Manta set.

guys are we seriously expecting there to be no Batman in the Killer Croc set... I would find that highly unlikely. I think that they simply forgot to add Batman to the list as he is sort of expected I mean otherwise you don't get a single hero which again seems very unlikely. Scarecrow will most likely be very similar to his current version as he has only been in 1 set so far. Anyway with the brickset report coming up very soon we should get a more detailed description of each set.

guys are we seriously expecting there to be no Batman in the Killer Croc set... I would find that highly unlikely. I think that they simply forgot to add Batman to the list as he is sort of expected I mean otherwise you don't get a single hero which again seems very unlikely. Scarecrow will most likely be very similar to his current version as he has only been in 1 set so far. Anyway with the brickset report coming up very soon we should get a more detailed description of each set.

Katana is a hero and Red Hood is 50/50

Pretty sure batman was there but we were being rushed at this point..

All I'm thinking is, making a 60-70 dollar/pound set with recycled designs (Especially for the main villain) would be a big turn-off for a lot of buyers.

Except when that, "main villain," goes for over $20 on BrickLink and is a classic Legion of Doom character. An Arkam video-game variant would actually be a huge turn-off for me.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Agreed. Classic Scarecrow actually looks like his namesake, and I doubt they would pass up the chance to use the new witch hat/hair. I hope Katana has new hair.

Agreed. Classic Scarecrow actually looks like his namesake, and I doubt they would pass up the chance to use the new witch hat/hair. I hope Katana has new hair.

I'm anxiously awaiting Brickset's set descriptions for further information on their appearances.

Edit: Oh, would you look at that, 1400th post!

Edited by Sir Gareth

Katana is a hero and Red Hood is 50/50

I would have thought Katana was more 50/50 (she's part of the suicide squad, after all), and Red Hood was more 75/25 :P

But yeah, definitely not hero-less without Bats.

It's here: http://brickset.com/...DC-Super-Heroes

Some points of interest:

Blue Beetle is in the Scarecrow set!

"Scarecrow has undergone a dramatic redesign since he last appeared in 10937 Arkham Asylum Breakout and now resembles the design seen in Batman: The Animated Series. His hat and scruffy hair are represented using the Wacky Witch’s hair piece from the Monster Collectable Minifigures in dark tan."

"Blue Beetle has a new neck attachment and wears the same wings as Beetle from 76005 Spider-Man: Daily Bugle Showdown while Killer Moth features the Fairy’s wings in orange along with a brand new helmet element."

"Batman comes complete with a new Batcopter. This version of the vehicle features blue highlights and is designed quite differently to that in 76011 Batman: Man-Bat Attack but is about the same size. Meanwhile, Scarecrow is riding a combine harvester which is decorated in reddish brown to match its villainous driver and the farmer has a little tractor. The combine harvester is approximately ten studs wide and twelve studs long so is not huge but it looks superb and the combine rotates as the vehicle moves which is a fun feature."

"Killer Croc does not have an opening mouth but is otherwise akin to his appearance in the LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham video game while Captain Boomerang is armed with a pair of new boomerang elements. His torso printing looks absolutely superb and is very accurate to more recent incarnations of the character."

"Killer Croc’s watercraft is decorated with a large crocodile head at the bow and a tail at the stern. The jaws of the crocodile’s mouth open and close as the vessel moves along and the tail can thrash from side to side. Strangely, Batman opposes Killer Croc with his Bat Tank which seems an unsuitable vehicle for a sewer. This model is reminiscent of 7706 and is about the same size as that set, although it is predominantly black as you would expect of a Batman vehicle. The entire front section can be raised to form a battering ram, completely changing the profile of the tank and turning it into something resembling a bulldozer!"

"This Juniors set contains a small section of the Batcave along with a new Batmobile and a tracked tank for Lex Luthor. The tank is the most interesting model of the three, consisting of caterpillar tracks on the lower half and two poseable arms at the top which are mounted on a turntable allowing the entire structure to rotate. Green and purple are the most prominent colours and some trans-bright green pieces are included too, much like 6862 Superman vs Power Armour Lex. The Batmobile is very similar to that in 10672 Batman: Defend the Batcave but the colour scheme is a little more attractive on this occasion as the vehicle is decorated with some trans-light blue elements."

"Superman, Batman and Lex Luthor are included. While Batman features a dark azure cape and cowl like in 10672 Batman: Defend the Batcave, Lex Luthor wears his armoured suit which is very much like that in 30164 Lex Luthor, although I think the torso printing might have been slightly updated. Superman appears in his comic book garb and his legs are not dual-moulded."

"the standard of the sets this summer is absolutely brilliant."

Edited by psqidexslizer248

BLUE BEETLE YES!!!!!!

Interestingly, another character Delta Customs said would be coming. I am inclined at this point to think we may be getting a store exclusive set (hence why it wasn't at Toy Fair) with Talia and Ra's.

Edited by psqidexslizer248