just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Well I personally wouldn't mind Cap in the set, but I feel these being Batman sets should just have Batman villains in, and Cap isn't really one of those. Anyway, hope Toy Fair delivers. Would've gone, but feeling under the weather.

Well I personally wouldn't mind Cap in the set, but I feel these being Batman sets should just have Batman villains in, and Cap isn't really one of those. Anyway, hope Toy Fair delivers. Would've gone, but feeling under the weather.

Well maybe if a new Flash variant is in the set, then Cap Boomerang could work. But I would rather a set with Flash and Reverse Flash. So I'm not really expecting Boomerang

Yes. Reverse Flash. NEEDED. If they do him, I'll be a little upset if they don't give him the red eyes for one side of the face. One of the key features of the Mr Thawne I know and love.

Edited by AngelofVengeanceAzrael7

Our first descriptions!

DC
  • 76054 Scarecrow’s harvest of fear – £59.99
    Scarecrow, a farmer, anti-gas Batman and Killer Moth (at last!) features a bat-copter and Scarecrow’s combine harvester vehicle.
  • 76055 Killer Croc’s sewer smash – £69.99
    Bigifg Killer croc (doesn’t look like it has a hinged jaw, and no chains), Captain Boomerang, Red Hood (printed face), Katana
  • 70724 – LEGO jnrs Batman and Superman vs Lex Luthor – £29.99
    Nothing new here. grey/blue Batman and old Superman. Lex Luthor with his green armour piece he’s had before.

Well folks, there you have it. I thought the placement of an apostrophe was about as subtle as a clue could get, but Actor Builder jumped right on it. Good detective work. :grin:

Both sound great, the only thing is they should've had another villian instead of a farmer. But red hood makes up for it. But he doesn't make up for the fact that marvel has more sets for the summer wave. :(

Edited by BuzzableBuzzer

Wait, no Batman in the croc set? I am in shock we are actually getting new heroes and not a repeat of batman in that set.

Edited by Nsk97

Wait, no Batman in the croc set? I am in shock we are actually getting new heroes and not a repeat of batman in that set.

Nah, Batman's definitely in it; I guess the author of that post figured that was implied.

Also, given the description just says Scarecrow are we thinking it is the old scarecrow being reused?

Nah, Batman's definitely in it; I guess the author of that post figured that was implied.

Haha yeah that is probably right, I presume it is just the Batman from last year with the tan face.

No Raven... *sigh*

Polybag possibly?

Is Batman not in... A set full of Batman related characters? Disappointing Lego, perfect minifig to waste a valuable character slot with, especially in a $70 set with only 5 minifigs.

Excited to see Captain Boomerang and Red Hood in a set. Killer Moth seems like a very odd choice, would have rather seen someone else but a new Batman villain is a new Batman villain. Also, it looks like I was right about the Combine Harvester of Doom.

Does it seem to anyone else though that these descriptions are missing some builds and figures, especially in the croc set?

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Croc set is gonna be awesome!!!! The Scarecrow set doesn't sound as great, but it'll nice to get Killer Moth. Red Hood, Captain Boomerang AND Katana in one set? This is a day one buy.

No Raven... *sigh*

Most likely in dimensions in the leaked list there was one or two ttg packs

Edited by Falconfan1414

Our first descriptions!

76054 Scarecrow’s harvest of fear – £59.99

Scarecrow, a farmer, anti-gas Batman and Killer Moth (at last!) features a bat-copter and Scarecrow’s combine harvester vehicle.

76055 Killer Croc’s sewer smash – £69.99

Bigifg Killer croc (doesn’t look like it has a hinged jaw, and no chains), Captain Boomerang, Red Hood (printed face), Katana

70724 – LEGO jnrs Batman and Superman vs Lex Luthor – £29.99

Nothing new here. grey/blue Batman and old Superman. Lex Luthor with his green armour piece he’s had before.

Most excellent! A chance to finally get the Power-Suit Lex without paying a huge price! I was hoping they wouldn't stick business-suit Lex in a Juniors set. I'm all over this one! And I kinda hope the grey/blue batman is the same as the keychain version/old superheroes version, since that's one of my favorites and I don't own it. Wonderful! This is oddly the one I'm most psyched for. I'll likely pass on the Scarecrow set, unless something surprises me, be it minifig design or build. As for the Killer Croc set, I can't wait for Red Hood, but a think a purchase depends on how Croc and Katana look and how cool the build is. I still wish Croc were a regular-sized minifig. Oh well! Sounds fun, hoping for pics soon!

Yes! Red Hood, finally. I suppose his mask will look very similar to Captain Marvel's red head just without the face part. Also very glad to see that Lego has still managed to find a way to bring us the suicide squad without actually marketing it as such. And finally Lex with power armor in the Juniors set also sound very good all in all some very good sets :)

Excited to see Captain Boomerang and Red Hood in a set. Killer Moth seems like a very odd choice, would have rather seen someone else but a new Batman villain is a new Batman villain. Also, it looks like I was right about the Harvester of Doom.

Does it seem to anyone else though that these descriptions are missing some builds and figures, especially in the croc set?

I agree about the missing builds, I presume the croc one is some sort of playset in a sewer setting? And on the topic of killer moth he is a favourite as the butt of many jokes in the Lego games and in the comics and he is a colourful kid friendly villain, which is probably why he was included instead of say the ventriloquist and scarface.

Is it just me but 4 figures in the Scarecrow set, one of which being a 'farmer' is pretty poor. I was expecting another villain. Any chance there'll be pics?

I agree with psqidexslizer248, I think some things are missing from the descriptions.

Is it just me but 4 figures in the Scarecrow set, one of which being a 'farmer' is pretty poor. I was expecting another villain. Any chance there'll be pics?

That did seem odd to me. Both sets seem a bit short on figures TBH.