just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

It just wasn't what I wanted, that's all. But the Harley Quinn figure more than makes up for it.

Not a knock on your opinion, I am genuinely curious: What were you wanting?

I am beyond happy we got this version although something similar to Arkham City or Gotham Knight would have been cool too..

I'm really hoping for a Red Hood in this Scarecrow set.. it would go well considering..

In Arkham Knight Jason is the one behind the mask working with Crane, and ultimately becomes the Red Hood. Also if he does end up appearing in Suicide Squad like rumoured... eh? ehhh?

Although that is more of a wishlist/ speculation comment, I think it's an interesting something to consider. And also a lot more likely than Ventriloquist or Red Robin, Calendar Man etc.

Also the Mighty Micros really surprised me. I hated the concept. Hated the idea of them taking up proper set slots. Hated the mini-legs discussion. I didn't even like the prelims we got. But looking at them now and seeing the variants in torsos especially (but also Bane's mask is a must get), I'm seriously considering picking them all up.

Edited by Coca-Cola

It just wasn't what I wanted, that's all. But the Harley Quinn figure more than makes up for it.

Can't see why you wouldn't want Deadshot – he's a fan favourite character and if you read the comics, it makes sense to put him in a set with Harley.

My only complaint... and same for Deathstroke - is that I would have preferred a moulded mask instead of printed head.

Can't see why you wouldn't want Deadshot – he's a fan favourite character and if you read the comics, it makes sense to put him in a set with Harley.

My only complaint... and same for Deathstroke - is that I would have preferred a moulded mask instead of printed head.

I think that may be what he was getting at. Personally I like the look of that design and think it works well as the snug mask option. I don't think Lego quite has a snug mask that doesn't look too bulky. You only have to look at Captain America figures... people have been crying out for a Flash type mould for that.

I think that may be what he was getting at. Personally I like the look of that design and think it works well as the snug mask option. I don't think Lego quite has a snug mask that doesn't look too bulky. You only have to look at Captain America figures... people have been crying out for a Flash type mould for that.

I was thinking something similar to the fencer's mask from Minifigure series 14 would work.

I didn't mean I didn't want Deadshot, I just didn't want that version. I love Dead Shot as a character.

Edited by Airbenderfreak

I agree moulded masks are so much better. I mean they have done it for The Flash and Iron Man so why they can't do it again I don't know.

I agree moulded masks are so much better. I mean they have done it for The Flash and Iron Man so why they can't do it again I don't know.

Lego tends to do use new molded masks for big characters that can appear in multiple sets, like Flash and Iron Man, and using new molds for every character would be financially ineffective for Lego, as molds do cost around $10,000

Lego tends to do use new molded masks for big characters that can appear in multiple sets, like Flash and Iron Man, and using new molds for every character would be financially ineffective for Lego, as molds do cost around $10,000

I guess so, but they have no excuse for the likes of Captain America and Spiderman. I best stop there though because that is entering Marvel's territory.

Edited by Legoman123

Seen this ?

[removed]

k too

(was posted in a lego-group on Facebook some minutes ago and there is no watermark or something , so i hope it´s ok to post)

Edited by Captain Nemo

So we get civvies of Bruce and Dick, but no Batgirl? I am very excited about the four villains (and the freebie Freeze) and the structure looks great. I especially love the room above the cave, and the full-size car. And is that the nuclear reactor from the first episode?

Is it me, or does Penguin finally introduce a new top hat?

[removed]

Theres also one from the back of the box, not the best quality either, though. :)

Edited by Captain Nemo

Looks like we get

Batman- with the blue new 52 cowl

Robin

Bruce Wayne

Dick Grayson

Alfred

Catwoman

Joker

Penguin

Riddler (with hair)

As for builds it looks like we get the Wayne Manor fire pole thingy, a batcopter (whirly bat?), and the batmobile along with the batcave itself

IMO the bruce wayne and dick grayson are lazy minifig choices and I still won't be picking up this set.

Oh, I love the bust on the desk. Whatever hair it uses looks great. I can see why they'd include Dick and Bruce, though. It might not be a functional play feature like the 2012 set, but changing into costume was a big part of the show.

I like the bubble cockpit of the helicopter. There's just so much good stuff here!

I don't know... :look:

I've never seen a wall like that in a Lego set before--it honestly looks like something one of those 'other' companies would do. It's just an ugly block.

Just off this image, I think too much was sacrificed to utilize the new fireman-pole element from the GB Headquarters. It's like the cave is way scaled down--but those are not. They're also on the wrong side, but whatever.

Edit: I do however, very much appreciate the sound effects. :blush:

That LOOKS amazing! My God! All of this year's D2Cs are just2good!

Wait. what other D2Cs (other than the hoth base, ghostbusters and death star)? Is there another D2C for Superheroes?

EDIT: 100th post!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Edited by IMBATMAN

I don't know... :look:

I've never seen a wall like that in a Lego set before--it honestly looks like something one of those 'other' companies would do. It's just an ugly block.

I think it's bad, too, but with a bit of texturing added with cheese slopes and 1x2 slope bricks, it could look fine.

Also, after so many years, it's bizarre to see a tall Penguin.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I think it's bad, too, but with a bit of texturing added with cheese slopes and 1x2 slope bricks, it could look fine.

Also, after so many years, it's bizarre to see a tall Penguin.

I think penguin still has the short legs

I think penguin still has the short legs

You're right. The back picture made them look longer, but that was just the dark background. While the set looks very interesting, I want to see HD pictures of the minifigures to send myself into a deep pit of uncontrollable want for this set. I wonder what the play features are besides the fire pole.

I think I like it. I especially like the outer walls of Wayne Manor, and the costumed minifigs are really cool. Shame about no Batgirl, as this was really the only opportunity to get her other than as a Comic Con exclusive down the line, and a shame about getting Bruce and Dick - could easily have given those slots over to, say, Batgirl and Mr Freeze. I think the main issue is the big wall of tan with seemingly no purpose to it, though since I truly adore the Batman 66 series, I can see myself getting this immediately despite my initial misgivings. (As long as its not more than £150, and the minifigs look as good as I am imagining.

I wonder what the price will be... Sorry AOU Quinjet, you're 'flying' out of my Detolf cabinet. :tongue: