just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Wow it's been a while, so very happy to be back! Anyways, I have a lot to say, starting with next years BvS sets. First off, the minifigs. I am so in love with that Gal Gadot WW fig, she looks awesome and colorful and tough and pretty all at the same time, really am loving that fig, Superman is also a pretty cool looking fig, Batman is pretty nice looking too. Still not sure why they reused that hairpiece on Lois Lane, I personally don't think it's very fitting. The Sky High battle set was a nice attempt at recreating the Batwing, and I'd be lying if I said I could do better, however, I expect Lego to up their game on designs like that, and quite frankly, I don't think they lived up to my expectations, which is fine... I guess? Not very happy with it but my opinion won't really change how the sales go so I mean there's that. I saw the Mighty Micros and I hope all the kids like it, because I know I sure don't! :grin: Not only are the designs lazy, but the minifigs are all repeats, what exactly where they going for there? Hopefully we get summer sets because it always seems like DC gets a small amount of sets imo, does anyone else feel like that? I always get the impression that DC always gets one wave and Marvel gets 2, and DC gets most of the D2C's, but they always go to Batman.... which makes me not like the Superheroes line all that much sometimes. Here's to hoping for some Teen Titans and more Justice League sets! So that's pretty much how I feel about next years sets, hope I didn't sound too crazy (again, what I said about DC not having that many sets was probably hilariously inaccurate and probably me just being a cry baby over Lego not reaching my unrealistic expectations). Happy bricking!

I have to agree with you, DC does seem to get less sets than Marvel.

Edit: I feel a five page discussion coming...

Edited by psqidexslizer248

They are getting the same amount next year if you include the batcave

So far, but these past two years we've seen quite a bit less on the DC side. And who knows what the Summer wave will bring.

So far, but these past two years we've seen quite a bit less on the DC side. And who knows what the Summer wave will bring.

It's primarily due to MCU films. But you also must take into fact that DC does get more D2Cs. They've had thre in the past four years, plus a LegoShop promotion. Marvel had the Helicarrier.

It's primarily due to MCU films. But you also must take into fact that DC does get more D2Cs. They've had thre in the past four years, plus a LegoShop promotion. Marvel had the Helicarrier.

But the Helicarrier is significantly larger than the D2Cs for the DC theme, two of which are about the same size as it is.

Hi guys - first post so hello all. Me and my son love collecting lego - and we both love superheroes – i'm a confirmed DC fan, so it's great to see any new DC figures coming out. The figures with the Joker fun fair were great to see... getting Beast Boy and Starfire is incredible - as is the release of Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy... looks like Lego are slowly giving us the Legion of Superheroes, even though they're hard to pick up as a UK collector... come on Lego, make them available over here! I'd personally love to see a DC Minifigure series where you'd be able to build different teams - Teen Titans, JL, JSA etc... the more DC superhero minifigures the better as far as i'm concerned!

As for the more Marvel sets than DC sets argument – well with the popularity of the Marvel movies I suppose that's understandable, and the Marvel sets do seem to be mostly movie based, as opposed to the last DC Justice League sets.

Hi guys - first post so hello all. Me and my son love collecting lego - and we both love superheroes – i'm a confirmed DC fan, so it's great to see any new DC figures coming out. The figures with the Joker fun fair were great to see... getting Beast Boy and Starfire is incredible - as is the release of Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy... looks like Lego are slowly giving us the Legion of Superheroes, even though they're hard to pick up as a UK collector... come on Lego, make them available over here! I'd personally love to see a DC Minifigure series where you'd be able to build different teams - Teen Titans, JL, JSA etc... the more DC superhero minifigures the better as far as i'm concerned!

As for the more Marvel sets than DC sets argument – well with the popularity of the Marvel movies I suppose that's understandable, and the Marvel sets do seem to be mostly movie based, as opposed to the last DC Justice League sets.

Welcome! And feel free to share your wishes in this thread :wink:http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113545

I'm sure they'll be available in store again this year. The question is has anyone found them in store yet?

I will try to check my target tomorrow and ask if they have any in the back if i can't find any out on display anywhere in the store

I ordered a couple of the cubes from the website yesterday and I'm having them shipped to the UK from a friend in Texas. Glad I got the chance to do the same thing last year.

While Target ship internationally now the cube isn't part of their international range so up until you try to pay for it everything looks fine.

Yep thats a major bummer. Tried to order it too, but as you already mentioned it does not work. As I don't know anyone living in the US I guess I have to pay incredible aftermarked prices on ONE figure :-/

It seems like the cube is already sold out online? I'm not even finding the product page anymore...

It seems like the cube is already sold out online? I'm not even finding the product page anymore...

Yeah, it seems to be gone. I got mine through ordering a $50 plus set, and it was autamitically added to my cart for free, but when I try now that doesn't happen anymore either. Glad I got it. I suppose I'll try to not open it for a while and see where the secondary market prices settle.

Noooo...nooo.. nooo.. :sadnew:

I wonder if we'll get a repeat of what happened last year, and next month we'll see the cube minifigures for next year.

I sure hope so! It's almost more satisfying to see what we'll be getting than to actually get it lol

I just went to Target today and picked up 76040 Brainiac Attack (free Christmas Tree poly with purchases of $24.99 or more) and alas, no cube to be found. They were $5 cheaper too, great buy. But i fear the worst, they may be gone.

No luck finding any at my Target. Although I'm not worried (or enthusiastic about getting one anyways, but that's beside the point!); I remember last year the stores had shelves of them. It's just a waiting game.